Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Chat Board (for all your OOC needs)
Sub vs. Sol: Based on a true Nuzlocke story

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 8:36 pm
Some time ago, back when the DS Pokemon games still had a little bit left to go around, Sub and I started an ambitious challenge of sorts. Starting with Platinum version, we'd do a Nuzlocke run for it and each pair following it. Our plan was to at least do one for each of the DS games, bringing it all the way to X and Y in due time. However, a few snags occurred. Life happened. Certain companies running game servers decided to go mobile and threw a massive wrench into the gauntlet. We started with Platinum and effectively ended with HeartGold and SoulSilver as a result. But, like a phoenix, this challenge would be one that wouldn't die so easily, not forever.

So, we're starting this again, this time skipping on ahead to X and Y. Sub will be playing through Pokemon Y, while I'll be playing through Pokemon X. Will we do one for OR/AS too? Who knows. But we'll be chronicling our stories, our paths bound to cross time and time again, here in this thread. And for those of you who want to try this yourselves or are just curious about the rules we'll be using, you can find those below. There's even an adaptation for OR/AS players as well.

Rules of the Challenge
Standard Nuzlocke Rules:
- Release/Box a Pokemon if it faints.
- May catch only the first Pokemon in each area. Gift/Fossil Pokemon count towards this as well.
- Exception: May not catch ANY Pokemon if party is full, standard rules still apply.
- Duplicates are ignored.
- Additional Rule: Exp. Share, Pokemon-Amie and Super Training are banned.
- Master Ball may not be used on Xerneas, Yveltal or Zygarde (X/Y), or on Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza or Deoxys (OR/AS).

Participant Battles:
- Must battle each other with current team every second Gym Badge.
- Also must battle upon defeat of the Elite Four and Champion.
- X/Y: Must defeat AZ and battle after reaching Grand Duke/Duchess and capturing Zygarde.
- OR/AS: Must defeat Brendan/May and battle after capturing Deoxys and completing the Delta Episode.
- Winner is decided by who wins the most of these battles.

Battle Chateau (X/Y Only):
- First Visit: Must progress to Viscount/Viscountess rank.
- Cliff Badge: Must progress to Earl/Countess rank.
- Rumble Badge: Must progress to Marquis/Marchioness rank.
- Plant Badge: Must progress to Duke/Duchess rank.
- Grand Duke/Duchess must be reached before capturing Zygarde.

Failure Conditions:
- Blacking out brings an immediate end to the player's run.
- Being unable to progress further will also end a run.
- Knocking out Zygarde (X/Y) or Deoxys (OR/AS) also ends a run.
- Should the other player progress further, they automatically win the run.

Now, may the best person win and have a safe journey!

P.S. That'll be me. Maybe.  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:23 pm
[Victory Road, Kalos]

So there we were. Both rival and friend to each other. It all began back in the Sinnoh region. It started out as a friendly competition between each other. We would both start out with only one Pokemon, one of the region's starters. From there we would travel the entire region collecting their badges and challenging each other along the way, to see who was truly the best. Things got heated at times but it was always civil. Things were going great until we got to Route 210. The dense fog that lingered over that route proved to be a great challenge, such of one that Sol and I became separated. When I came out on the other side Sol was nowhere to be seen. Figuring she probably just proceeded towards the next gym I set off myself. After claiming that badge I found out that Sol had became lost in the fog, and no traces were left behind. I immediately dropped everything and headed back to Route 210 to find her. That was my first mistake.

The next thing we both knew we were in Johto. It seems we stumbled upon one of Giratina's Distortion Portals and it spit us out right in New Bark Town, all of our belongings gone. Figuring that this was a prime opportunity to settle our original dispute we both collected a starting Pokemon from the region's professor and set off on our journey. Now I really don't remember much about our Johto journey, we both were on a rocky start. Somewhere along the way we both completely lost contact with each other, our Pokegears no longer working. Realizing that I was lost in the Johto wilderness I stopped worrying about badges and set off to find civilization.

Eventually I made it to Olivine City. During my stay there I heard of a marvelous new region that had just opened its borders to the outside world, and there was a ship in Olivine getting ready to set sail for it! I immediately snuck aboard and to my surprise who do I find? None other than Sol. Looks like we both had the same idea. After catching up with each other and learning that we were both once again empty handed we decided to resume our challenge a third time in a new land, the Kalos region.

Now let's skip ahead a little so I can tell you about this nimrod that got us lost in Victory Road! We met up at the gates after getting all eight badges and decided to traverse the place together. Me being the kind and generous soul allowed her to lead the way, what a mistake that was! And I totally blame her for that Druddigon, chased us both right into the water and caused us to lose most of our supplies. Now look at us, stranded on a rock in the middle of this river with a hungry Druddigon staring us down, and it's all her fault. Just watching her play with her Holo Caster bothers me, acting as if this isn't her fault.

I suppose while I have the time I could also write in my journal the story of how we ended up going from picking up our starters in pleasant Aquacorde to almost getting eaten in Victory Road. Just let me tell her to shut her mouth again and I'll get right to it.

[To be continued.]  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 12:34 am
[Victory Road, Kalos - Side B]

Sooo, let me just preface this by saying that I have no idea what Sub's flailing at me about, screaming about how the whole Druddigon thing's my fault. He's the one who went off to explore and disturbed it! And then he rammed into me while I was trying to get Shauna to shut up for a bit and knocked all of our supplies into the water! And I wouldn't be playing with my Holo Caster so much, as he so aptly puts it, if he didn't tell them to just contact me. Oi... you know what, I'll explain what really happened. One of our journals will survive this. Maybe. I'm sure it'll be mine.

We'll start from the beginning. Everything Sub was saying was true about what happened before now. We started a friendly competition in Sinnoh, and things went well until I was in Route 210. The fog was thick and impossible to get through easily, and with each passing battle came another loss to my Pokemon. If it wasn't the battle itself, it was the fog... right as my last Pokemon fell and I figured to just admit defeat, I stumbled upon something and was in an entirely different place. It took some time to get my bearings again, realizing I was in New Bark Town. And the next thing I know, Sub's right there too. No Pokemon, no belongings... it was like nothing ever happened. The roughness of everything that happened after that made it hard to stay in contact. The most I remember otherwise is being on the summit of Mt. Silver, fighting a trainer with frightening skill and the events seeming all too familiar.

It was like a bad dream. We both were eventually down to our last Pokemon. I was backed into a corner by his Charizard instantly, desperately trying to find some opening to claim victory. But, it wouldn't come. My Pokemon was left wide open and left to be struck at its weakest point. I had come so far, only to lose it all. The trainer led me back down the mountain, but there was nothing to be done for my Pokemon now. Eventually, I'd learn about travel to a new region opening up and scrounged what I had left, even selling everything I had just to get a ticket on one of Olivine City's ships. It'd be then that I'd find Sub... well, more like he kept calling out to me despite sneaking on. Crazy guy almost got thrown off the ship if he didn't hide after that. Curiously, I'd find out the same thing happened to him as before. Something happened, and everything was lost for some reason or another.

Still, we really did have the same idea. We'd get to Kalos, start again and get sorted out in Aquacorde Town. Maybe this time we'd settle the score. Oh, how wrong I was about that one. Getting to Aquacorde would be the easy part.

[To be continued.]  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 12:37 am
[Chapter 1: Welcome to Kalos! Cela va sucer.]

Once we touched down in Coumarine City, we'd find the nearest transportation we could into Central Kalos and Aquacorde Town. And by that, I mean Sub kept trying to get me to just hold on for dear life on the nearest means to get there. I swear I'm looking for a Flying Pokemon next time. Sub got to hitch a ride on a car. I was stuck clinging to a rampaging Tauros that kept wanting to throw me off and having to endure it just to actually start a journey. I'm pretty sure the other three at Aquacorde weren't pleased, nevermind the people in the city when I was thrown off, trampled, and the Tauros rampaged its way back to whence it came... some first impression. I'm amazed I was even allowed to have a starter after that, though right as I decided on Chespin and named him Spike, I swear I heard music. Probably because Sub was walking over with a Holo Caster in his hands, blaring some obnoxious music as he went over and took Fennekin for himself before racing on ahead. I tried to follow anyway, but for some reason, I was thrown to the wolves.

I was given a Holo Caster too, but with the other three already on my contacts for an easy way to reach me whenever they wanted. Worse, they were a little patronizing, making me sit and be shown how to catch a Pokemon. Right after I had caught a Pidgey. In front of them. And the Pidgey, named Amami, was perched on my shoulder. WHYYYYYY. It felt like an eternity before they let me go, thrusting a bunch of Poke Balls into my hands... actually, that came out wrong. Still, I tried to catch back up to Sub, only to end up having the Aquacorde trio continue to insist that they tag along like I'm five. I've been around the block before, I've done the trainer thing numerous times, and some of those to try and settle a score. At least Shauna was all too happy to keep my Pokemon healthy, though with the oddities in Sinnoh and Johto, I could only hope nothing too bad befell them. I'd catch a Fletchling in the forest, who apparently wanted to be called Arashi. I'd also get the comical image of a Chespin running over a Pikachu with Rollout, though the stupid thing paralyzed him in the process.

We'd get out of the forest before long, thankfully, and I was finally largely left to my own devices. Maybe I'd finally figure out where Sub was, but until then, I decided to make the most of it. I'd encounter a Burmy, only for it to be taken out before I ever had a chance to try and catch it. Worse still it... seemed to vanish. Crap, was the same thing happening here too? I really didn't want to believe it. I still don't. I went onward to Santalune City, after some jerk on roller skates nearly bumped into me. I'd do a little shopping and change up my look before chasing him down and having my Pokemon beat him up without any trouble. I took his roller skates afterward so I could instead be the jerk on them. A trip to Route 27 to break them in happened after that, leading into a fight with a Farfetch'd that nearly tore Spike apart. It also resisted capture a lot, proving to just be trouble. I called him a Nuisance in response, only for him to instead take that as Meiwaku... great, apart from having a team of nothing but fliers right now, they all sound like a bunch of otakus.

Lamenting my luck, I just did what I could to prepare for the gym. All four of them would get a little training in, with the Nuisance having a surprisingly easy time against a Flabebe, nailing its weak spot again and again... I later discovered that its leek wasn't for show. We'd go on to the gym once we felt ready enough to not be left as bug food, though my team had a really easy time. The Nuisance alone was enough to take care of everyone, but when it came to Viola, I tried to get everyone involved. Surskit was flung to the side with ease, while the remaining fliers took turns attacking her Vivillon. Spike was let in as well, but this was a bad move on my part and I kept spraying every Potion I had to keep him alive until I could get him to safety. We'd luckily manage a win without anyone falling, the Bug Badge firmly in hand. With a little more alterations to my wardrobe, we'd start out of the city before long. Though we were stopped by someone to give me this weird thing called an Exp. Share, I threw it away once I had a chance. I didn't feel right using it for some reason.

The next route would have the first non-flier to enter the team in a while, managing to catch a Flabebe and naming her Pansy after the flower she was clutching. We'd encounter a woman shortly after that seemed.... awfully into Pokemon in ways I hope not to hear again. We didn't stick around in the route for much longer than we had to. Which included these two aides that wanted to go on about this new type they discovered and all before unceremoniously shoving me into Lumiose City and into the lab of Professor Sycamore. I kinda zoned out during his whole speech, though... it sounded interesting, but after you hear roughly the same thing a few times, you kinda just gloss over it. I guess he didn't like that, though, as I was forced into a battle as soon as he was done. It wasn't much of a challenge either, though... but maybe he wanted to see what I was capable of. He'd offer me another Pokemon to take along, though his Squirtle forced himself into my party. With a Blastoisinite around his neck, a huge ego, and an even bigger god complex, he told me his name was Susanoo. Immediately, I had to resist an urge to bash my head into a wall. Another Pokemon that sounded like it heard the name and thought it sounded cool. I mean, it was sorta fitting for a Water Pokemon, but the point remains... even if everyone's been a competent fighter so far. He'd have to be brought up to speed along with Pansy, though.

A lot of my time would be spent between that and taking in what few sights of Lumiose that I could. The rest was blocked off because of some power outage, bah. I decided to just get to the cafe, only to see a discussion between some woman and a man I can only call Mr. Lion Hair. I don't care that he runs a lab and made the Holo Caster, his hair looks like he ripped it off a damn Pyroar. That, and he was unsettling. I'd just continue my increasingly futile attempts to catch up with Sub, trying my best to ignore the fact that someone's Lucario went up to sniff me or something. The battles to come weren't without ample reward, however. Spike would evolve into a Quilladin, while another, much harder fight with a Kadabra saw my Squirtle evolve into a Wartortle. With even more ego, despite Pansy being the reason he was even still around to proclaim his strength. Freaking coward. Camphrier Town and its castle would be much less interesting, however.

The Snorlax blocking the bridge, on the other hand? That made their business my business. And a berry field became my business too when I was suddenly forced into ownership of it. More evolutions would come after that, seeing Arashi and Amami evolve into a Fletchinder and Pidgeotto respectively. Pansy was the only one to not evolve apart from the Nuisance, but she didn't stop trying her hardest. The time in Parfum Palace made me only want to steer clear of Shauna all the more, however, what with her constantly tagging along. She was helpful with this guy's Furfrou, but her wanting to be so... close left me uneasy. We'd get the Poke Flute back and give it over to awaken the Snorlax, only for it to wake up in a rage and go after me. It wasn't my fault, it could go after them! Maybe eat them or something... actually, on second thought, no. I think I lost my lunch at that thought... Pansy was quick to take the front lines in response, but with me fearing that she'd be crushed with impunity, I sent Spike in to deal with it, covering Snorlax with Leech Seed and Biting constantly to keep it at bay. It'd flee after a while, but the fight seemed to inspire Pansy a lot. She'd evolve into a Floette after the fighting was over.

I wish I could say that I finally caught up, though, but nooo, that trio from Aquacorde still hasn't left me alone and just had to tell me about this daycare that I have no intent on using and this chateau for battling- hm. I'll take that one. We went into the Battle Chateau and immediately was given the rank of Baroness, though we'd quickly advance. A few battles brought saw me revered as a Viscountess easily, but a Kecleon shortly after nearly deterred us all from leaving and just pressing onward. We'd end up shaking off the fears despite the perils, continuing to fight and becoming a Countess before leaving for fear of being overwhelmed. I'd encounter the trio and another of their friends again and- actually, you know what, I'll leave it at this. Yada yada, Calem wanted to fight with me, blah blah, we beat up Tierno and Trevor because they focused Calem down, I went on my way as soon as I could and cursed Sub giving me the privilege of having them tag along.

I still didn't see him when getting through a small cave or entering Ambrette Town, though. My travels would be delayed yet again by a scientist needing some help inside Glittering Cave. It would be then that things wanted to get hairy. To start, I wound up getting lost in the cave and ending up back outside, having to navigate again. Getting through wound up introducing me to these jokers in some of the guaudiest suits I've ever seen. The color just screamed obnoxious, can you believe them? Ugh. No fashion sense with them, I swear... I let the Nuisance take care of most of them. I'd receive a Sail Fossil for the trouble, learning that someone had already taken the Jaw Fossil beforehand. I think I know who it was... still, I hope I never have to revive that fossil. It's useless with a full team, but if anyone falls...

No, I couldn't dwell on that. Not this time. I'd find my way back to town and continued on, soon reaching Cyllage City and buying entirely too much Soda Pop as soon as I got there. And did some clothes shopping. And got a Bicycle. I might've gone overboard what with paranoia hitting me really hard. The next gym has me feeling dreadful for some reason, and even after taking some time for the team to train even more, it didn't feel like enough. Pansy and Spike took to the front lines when I finally reached the gym, the two of them managing to take out each of the gym trainers without too much hassle. I was prepared to just use them for Grant, but as my luck would have it, Susanoo forced his way into the fight instead.

I aleady dreaded the worst when he got paralyzed by Grant's Amaura, especially as I watched my Wartortle just Withdraw into his shell constantly. He kept going on and weathering the paralysis and constant attacks, forcing me to give it a few bottles of soda to down. He'd eventually start attacking by spraying Bubble attacks every which way to slowly bring Amaura down. Grant would send his Tyrunt out in response, only for it to be bit at as soon as I dealt with the paralysis still gripping my Pokemon. The Bites would do a little good in keeping Tyrunt at bay, and things nearly took a turn for the worst when Tyrunt managed to bite down on Susanoo's tail. This left him guzzling even more bottles of soda before just throwing more bubbles and bringing the war of attrition to an end entirely on his own. With the Cliff Badge now in hand, I'd catch a shadow on the way out of the gym and followed it.

I'd end up following the shadow into the Pokemon Center, seeing Sub sitting and wondering what had kept me. While still blaring that godawful music from back in Aquacorde. Tempted to see how his team was doing, I went to get my team healed up before going to challenge him to a battle.

[Current Party]

Quilladin: Lv. 26
Pidgeotto: Lv. 25
Fletchinder: Lv. 25
Farfetch'd: Lv. 25
Floette: Lv. 26
Wartortle: Lv. 25  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 3:33 pm
[Chapter 1: Welcome to Kalos! Cela va sucer trop.]

Just as Sol probably informed you after we arrived in Coumarine City we proceeded to find means of transportation to get to Aquacorde Town. Me being the street smart man that I am managed to find me a taxi. Make no mistake though, no one drove me to Aquacorde, did that myself. Don't know what that man was saying when I took his car, I should probably brush up on my French one day. By the time I made it to Aquacorde Town I discovered I was way too earlier, Sol nor those annoying kids anywhere to be found. With time to kill I decided to explore the city a bit, check out some of the artisan shops, pick pocket some hipster complaining about the lack of proof of the artisan Pokepuffs' free-range and organic ingredients as well as a guarantee that they adhered to fair labor laws. He had a real nice Holo Caster on him though for someone who was also complaining about how technology ruins culture.

Eventually Sol and those kiddies would show up and in wasting no time I swiped me a Fennekin and dubbed him Kit. First chance I got I bailed out of there with my new Pokemon and left Sol to play with the kids, like hell I was going to get wrapped up in all that. Shortly after I would stumble upon Sol and his 'friends' again, after having catching myself a Pidgey as well, naming her Misty. Fortunately they didn't spot me and I was free to proceed ahead. Wasn't until Santalune Forest did I catch my third Pokemon, a Panpour named Ryan. There again I spotted Sol and her pals playing Pokemon Trainer in the forest together, decided to keep my distance while I trained my three Pokemon, only getting close enough to them to swipe their medicine supplies every now and then.

After making it out of the forest I was instantly greeted by a very annoying Fletchling deciding to pick a fight with my newly caught Panpour who immediately decided to blast it out of the sky with a critical Water Gun, whoops, looks like I wasn't destined to catch that one. Heading on into Santalune City I won a nice pair of roller blades off some kid. Apparently just spent a year's worth of allowance on them. Smart enough to save but dumb enough to bet it all on a game of rochambeau. My luck would continue to hold out as I made a quick stop at the gym, cleaning the place out with Kit and Misty and leaving town with my first badge. Oh but before I truly left town I decided to give Route 22 a visit and ended up walking away with a baby Azurill...great. I named it Evan.

On Route 4 I would pick up another Pokemon, Flabebe named Serena. Fortunately I wouldn't have to bottle feed this one like the last. Hung around on Route 4 for a bit to enjoy the scenery and get some training in, it wasn't until I heard the familiar shrieking voice of Sol and his flock of birds did I quickly head on into the heart of Kalos, Lumiose City. It was there that I picked up my sixth Pokemon, completing my team, a Bulbasaur from the good professor. I knew Sol would be coming by the lab soon so I made sure to get out of there as soon as possible to avoid his posse.

Eventually I would find myself in Camphrier Town and was immediately made aware of the castle owner's Snorlax problem. Knowing good and well that Sol would have to come this way soon I used this as an opportunity to slow him down. After some stealthy maneuvers in the Parfum Palace I managed to 'borrow' the Poke Flute just long enough to wake up the Snorlax just long enough for a quick battle in order to get it out of my way, having Earl the Bulbasaur put it right back to sleep on the bridge with a quick Sleep Powder. Afterwards I made sure to have Misty, now a Pidgeotto, fly the flute back to the palace so it wouldn't be missed. Have fun Sol~

With that taken care of I hit up the Battle Chateau which surprisingly enough didn't give me too hard of a time. It was there that Earl became an Ivysaur and Serena a Floette. While it was nice that those two became a little stronger my true joy came in the Connecting Cave where little baby Evan would finally grow up and evolve into a Marill, no more late night bottle feedings!

While things seemed to be going great reality would kick back into full force once I made it to Ambrette Town and eventually went fossil hunting in Glittering Cave. Don't know how it happened, or how it -could- happen for that matter but somewhere in the darkness a Cubone got the jump on me and Ryan. Poor Ryan had been knocking heads together in that cave, getting some good training in, but that Cubone was just a bit quicker than it and caught him on the side of the head with a Bone Club. Poor Ryan, we had big plans of him stomping a hole in the Cyllage Gym Leader. With a proper grave made for him in Glittering Cave I and the rest of my team vowed revenge and took our aggression out on some gaudy looking red clad freaks and stole a fossil they had just dug up, a Jaw Fossil.

Immediately upon making it back to Ambrette Town I had the fossil restored into a Tyrunt which I proceeded to name Dayton. While the little guy could never replace Ryan he sure was doing a good job of proving his worth as he mowed down all who opposed us on our way to Cyllage City. Once there we made sure to head straight for the gym, just as Ryan would have wanted. Largely thanks to Earl, Ryan's dreams of crushing the gym were made a reality as I and my team exited the gym with our second badge in hand. As promised however I would have to hang around Cyllage for a little while longer so I could wait for that slow poke named Sol to show up and get his badge so we could have our first battle since starting this little journey.

After having spent a good hour or two jamming out in the Pokemon Center Sol finally showed up. It was finally time to see which of us was adapting to Kalos better, him or I.

Me, it was me.

[Current Party]

Braxien
Pidgeotto
Floette
Marill
Ivysaur
Tyrunt

(Forgot their levels at that time.)  
Chat Board (for all your OOC needs)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff