[SRP] Dinos in the Garden (See Inside) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:53 pm
“It is a kindness I hope that someone would extend to me if they came upon my gardens, therefore, no hardship at all.” Ko’ikku murmured with a faint smile. “Well, I think we all have moments when we want something immediately.. And while life would be easier if such things were possible, I think the struggle and the journey are important. That is what shapes us, what helps us become who we were meant to be. Without it, I’m not sure the results would be the same… and I think we would all be poorer for it.”

Wandering at the gardener’s side, Ko’ikku was careful with her claws when they strayed nearer to the flowers under Sonata’s tender care. It was so fortunate to have crossed paths with her, with her beautiful gardens and knowledge of the festivals. “Shows? I am a great fan of daring and comedy, and magic would be a treat indeed. I hope one is to be held soon, so that we might enjoy it? If my friends and I decide to stay, it would be nice to be able to offer flowers to someone who would make something nice with them. Perhaps I could help you supply your friend that makes the candles, or trade with someone to have fragrances made so I might give them as gifts.”

Hesitating with a tilt of her head, Ko’ikku made a thoughtful sound. “If we are still here, as I imagine we very well may be, I would be happy to watch over your garden. I would require little instruction to keep them well, and it would free you to go and visit and learn things… Maybe when you came back, you could teach me a thing or two you would have learned while away. I am always eager to obtain new skills, and learn new things. If it is something that can be done with flowers and herbs, then it makes all the more sense, really.”

Glancing over to where here travel companions were admiring the herbs, Ko stretched her wings and shifted eagerly on her claws. “I think it would be delightful to sample any of the fruits of your garden you might share. Berries would be delightful, and I have always been fond of lemongrass. I am sure mint would delight Otieno, I do not think he has much experience with it. His life has been stranger even than my own.”

Humming in agreement and drifting slightly closer to her friends, Ko’ikku nodded. “Cara is quite skilled with herbs and the like, I am sure she’s quite delighted to be among your gardens. I think she’d be a fine herbalist or healer if she had the opportunity to do so. She would certainly be an asset, and delighted to help with your garden. Come, let us go speak of it with her, and then you and I can talk of where I might settle and begin a garden of my own. I am sure you will have ideas about the best place to garden in this land, and it would be best to get my information from a trusted local.”

Word Count: 525  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:08 pm
Cara Mia blinked in surprise at her companion’s words, realizing that Otieno was correct when he pointed out the option of herb craft and lore as a hobby or even a trade. If she tended a garden of her own, she could be an herbalist or trade her growings with travelers. Depending on how things turned out, she might even be able to cooperate with Ko’ikku and Sonata to sell their stores to festivals or faires, depending on the demands made. It might not be enough to supply a massive festival, but some of the smaller festivals might let them sell their wares. Fresh herbs and flowers would certainly be a nice draw, for those that needed supplies of their own or wanted to use them in the making of other items.

“Even if a single garden couldn’t supply a herd or festival, working in tandem with the others would give us the option of supplying items on a wider scale.” She mused aloud with a flick of her tail. “Having the different locations might be good if we needed to rotate growings or crops, if we decided to pursue such a thing. It would also be good if we were teaching foals or offering tours or the like… The varying locations would have several advantages, yes. Then if one or two of us needed to travel, we would have the benefit of companions that were well-familiarized with our gardens and able to take over in our stead.”

Wandering among the different plants and letting the knowledge Cara Mia freely shared flow over him, Otieno Makar gave a pleased wag of his tail as he craned his head down to snuffle at the herbs. The plants were strangely aromatic, their fragrance making him alternately flare and flatten his crest of feathers. He did not yet know the names of them all, but there were a great many that he found himself wanting to nibble. Hopefully Cara would explain which were safe to eat, and Sonata would allow them to try a bite or two.

“I agree this is one of our more pleasant stops while traveling.” He murmured, craning his head up into the branches to inspect the fruit ripening among the greenery. “If we could find a place that we could all keep as a meeting point, then even if we choose to go our separate ways the decision would not be a harsh one. I would get to visit my dear friends, even if we wound up living in separate places. On the whole of things, that would not be so bad. Which is not to say that I do not wish for us to remain a herd, as that is not true in the slightest… but I think finding our own paths is just as good, so long as we visit from time to time.”

Turning to consider Cara as she wandered among the herbs, Otieno tapped idly at the grass beneath his claws. “Cara Mia? If you did decide to stay here, or near here, would you then establish a garden? You know, to teach the young ones what you know of plants and herbs… Their healing powers, and such?"

Cara Mia nodded faintly as she hesitated in the shade of one of the fruit trees, watching the taller stallion crane his head among the lower-hanging branches. She supposed that for Sonata, having wings meant the mare could easily harvest fruit if she so wished, but it was –at least at the moment- beyond Cara’s own reach. Still, Otieno didn’t seem to be distracted for long, withdrawing his head from the leaves with a strangely soft click.

“Even if we do not remain a herd, we would remain friends.” She offered when he seemed to drift into silence at the thought of their separation. “You need not worry about that. The rest, as far as our paths, well we do what we will with what fate grants us. But we should still always be friends, and find ways to visit even if our paths diverge. I for one would not forget all the adventures we’ve had together. And even if all we do is visit from time to time to share stories of our new ones, it would be something. At any rate, it looks as though Ko’ikku and Sonata are heading this way. Either they think we’re up to mischief, or something has crossed Ko’s mind.”

Otieno glanced over at the two mares moving slowly toward the, then gave Cara a grin. “I think if they thought we were up to mischief, they might be moving toward us at a brisker pace. Perhaps we should think they are the troublesome ones? Ko’ikku looks quite pleased with herself, nearly smug I would say, so it seems plausible enough for me. Sonata we have only just met, so it is hard to guess what she is up to, but she does look amused. I doubt she considers us a danger to her plants.”

Stepping around the tree he’d half wrapped himself around, Otieno grinned at the mares pacing toward them. “I have just had a very clever idea, but Ko’ikku looks as though she could say the same. I don’t suppose you’re wandering over here to share it with us? If not, is there a chance I might try some of the lovely things I am smelling? Cara was just explaining that some of these are used in all matter of rituals and the like, but I am certain she said some were edible.”

(Cara Mia Wordcount: 455)
(Otieno Makar Wordcount: 472)

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:16 pm
Sonata nodded faintly as they walked. “Yes, there is wisdom in what you say. I too would agree that the journey and the struggle stand to shape us more than the result at the end… Even if you do end up where you were headed, or if you don’t, you’re not quite the same as when you set out. You’ve learned and experienced new things, had those shape how you view yourself or your friends or the world around you… Even if the experience is a painful one, sometimes the result is beyond price or measure. To lose that to lead an easy life, I agree we would be lesser if we followed such a path.”

Thinking fondly of the festivals, and the friends she had made there, Sonata gave a faint toss of her head to shake the white strands of her forelock out of her eyes. “Well, that settles it then. If you and your friends do decide to depart, and I am liable to take that as a personal affront, I will warn you now. But even if my feelings do not matter at all, and you decide to depart, I will demand that you return to visit so I can take you to some of the festivals myself. I will insist, and you’ll have no choice but to accompany me.”

She gave the tall mare a short, decisive nod and her best stubbornly-cheerful look, then dissolved into giggles for a moment. “Having another to help me supply the different traders would be quite beneficial. And it is always fun to walk among the market and barter or bargain for items from the various suppliers and shops. The Artisans craft such beautiful things I’d hardly dare to haggle, but just daring to walk among them gives me all sorts of ideas. It would be good to have someone to discuss those with.”

Flicking her braided and beaded tail, the mare gave a shrug. “More of that later, I think. For the moment, you and I and I shall wager your friends also are hungry… So let us see what can be found among my flowerbeds, and then we’ll talk some more of where you might settle or start a garden near here. Aside from the roses, do you have specialties or preferences in what you might grow? We can certainly find you a glade or even a field if that is what you wish… Or perhaps somewhere near a lake or along the riverbank? Depending on your needs for water and sunlight.”

The idea of Cara Mia working as an herbalist was a good, sound one, and another reason for her new companions to stay in the area. “I can certainly think of several herds and families that would be grateful to have access to a healer or an herbalist. Not all of them have unicorns that can care for their injured, so she would be quite busy, I imagine.”

When they were in earshot the stallion’s words made Sonata laugh, and she shook her head ruefully at him. “So we too have had a marvelous idea, but I was going to offer to find you fruit or vegetable to try while you were wandering among the beds. I guess it says something, that we had a similar plan in mind.”

Word Count: 554

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 3:55 pm
Cara Mia grinned up at Otieno, winking one pale silver eye at the stallion’s teasing words. “True enough, Ko’ikku knows us well enough to move faster when there are signs of us conspiring. She also knows it is best not to let us unleash any evil plans; whereas Sonata has just met us. She doesn’t have the faintest idea, and if she’s got Ko’ikku sufficiently distracted with talk of plants, then Ko may not know to hasten over and stop us.”

The little bay and gold mare shook her head, black strands of her mane cascading around her as she huffed a soft laugh. Otieno had a peculiar kind of grace, snake-quick at times, though the way he twined around trees was more like a wild ivy vine or a lazy forest cat. Still, to see him bouncing excitedly as the other two approached was amusing in itself, and she was quite certain that she could see his tail wag.

“I think Otieno is only excited about the idea because he is hungry.” Cara confided to Sonata and Ko’ikku in a playfully audible tone. “While several of these herbs are familiar to me and I know they can be used in various situations, I am not sure which ones the lady Sonata would be willing to have us snack on. So I merely made mention that she would be the best guide to any of these things, as Otieno confided very few of them are familiar to him. I think it is his stomach talking, but he seems happy to try anything that Sonata feels inclined to share.”

Sidling over to the taller mares, Cara bobbed her head in a brief bow. “Not that we would want to unleash his endless appetite on your beautiful garden, Sonata, but the fruit looks quite appetizing and the herbs smell lovely. So anything you wish to share would be appreciated. I am sure that Otieno is delighted that you would offer, though he may be too gentlemanly to say so.”

Cara Mia Wordcount: 337  

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 4:36 pm
When the four of them reconvened in the shade of one of the fruit trees, the tall mare grinned at her companions in greeting. Spending some time with a fellow gardener was enjoyable, but it was good to have her mismatched herd mates by her side again. Reaching over with one wing, Ko’ikku gave a playful nudge to Otieno’s shoulder before nodding fondly at Cara Mia. The stallion was usually upbeat and sociable, charming when selling his wares and affectionate when simply among his herd mates. Cara was graceful and knowledgeable, competent and compassionate to those they met in their wandering.

“I thought perhaps you were misbehaving.” Ko’ikku teased him when Cara Mia spoke of food. “Otieno had that look about him, though I suppose he cannot help it. But of course, it isn’t just that. You were also conspiring to eat our host out of all of her difficult work? Cara I rely on you to keep Otieno on an even keel when I cannot be within reach to do so myself. Now I find the pair of you conspiring, my heart is breaking.”

She gave a silvery laugh, glancing up at the trees overhead and the ripe fruit hanging amongst the emerald leaves. “Though I suppose in this case I cannot blame you, Sonata’s garden is quite lovely and the fruit is what one could easily call tempting. If she is willing to share with us, I think we’re all the more fortunate for it… And Otieno is not the only one who is hungry, I must confess.”

With an easy rocking shift on his claws the stallion companionably shouldered Ko’ikku, knowing the tall mare could take it easily. Cara he nosed fondly between her ears, snuffling at the black silk of her mane and making her laugh without disrupting the silver hair sticks or the trailing silvery chains dangling from them. He was still proud of the work put in to the trinkets his herd mate wore so proudly, happy that soon he might resume his craft and make wares to sell or trade with others.

“You’ll notice that for all that Cara Mia is picking on me, they all still agree with what they’re assuming I’ve said.” He mock pouted at Sonata, pretending to look beseechingly at the mare though he was fairly sure she was laughing to. “Her and Ko’ikku both, cutting me to my very soul. These are my loving herd mates, do you believe it? Sonata, I pray that you will have some mercy on me, as a poor traveler surrounded by such cruel ladies at every turn.”

Ko'ikku Wordcount: 260
Otieno Wordcount: 175

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 5:20 pm
"I assure you, Cara Mia, that I am most eager to be a good host. It would be a delight to share some of the fruits from my garden with my new friends."

Watching the interaction of the small herd and the easy way they fondly jostled and sniped at each other Sonata laughed, shaking her head. She had never had such a relationship with her family, nor was she particularly close to any friends. At least, not close enough to get the feeling of easy camaraderie and playful ribbing that constantly drew these three to teasing and poking each other. Watching them, she wished for it. It would be nice, though...

“I would say that since you are still surrounded by these vicious ladies, that you must not mind it all too much. I would also like to take the moment to point out to you, my fine feathered friend, that you are surrounded by beautiful ladies. From where I stand, your life is not all that difficult, Otieno.” She winked at him playfully. "Not that I blame you, nor am I judging. You seem most fortunate in your friends."

“Aha! She makes a fair point, Otieno.” Cara Mia grinned widely at the dark coated mare’s words, casting smug silver eyes up at Otieno to track his reaction. The kalona mare was quickly climbing in her esteem, smart and quick-witted and playful and welcoming to three strangers that more or less fell into her garden. On the whole the interaction was a good one, as it was utterly delightful to find someone to join in their teasing of their herd mate.

“Sonata, you are fast becoming one of my favorite souls in this new land. Anyone who will join Ko’ikku and I in the good natured ribbing but careful management of our herd mate is welcome. The fact that you’re so well versed in your plant tending as well as an excellent judge of character is just a bonus at this point.”

Ko’ikku craned her head over to nose at Cara and then Otieno, easing the sting out of any of her previously uttered words. The fact that Sonata joined in their teasing made her laugh and smile widely, happy that fate or chance had guided them to this strange little paradise. The garden was an unexpected delight and their host even more so, and it was worth it to hear how her friends laughed.

“Well since you’ve already won Cara Mia over, and you’ve promised to feed Otieno, I would venture to guess you’re never going to be rid of us now Sonata.” Ko’ikku teased gently. “I hope you don’t mind us loitering, once the snacks are broken out Otieno is likely to stay for the rest of his life.”

Laughing, Sonata gave a shrug and turned, leading the way toward one of the more fruit-laden trees. "Oh, I don't mind at all... Come on, we'll start with the apples."

Cara WC: 142
Total Cara Mia Wordcount: 479
Ko'ikku WC: 129
Total Ko'ikku Wordcount: 389

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:16 pm
With a contented sigh and a lazy flick of his broad tail, Otieno considered the three mares settled around him and gave them a lazily contented grin. The ladies were all laughing at a story that Sonata was sharing about some of her family interactions, their varying coats softly lit by nearby lanterns. The small grove they occupied was just off of Sonata’s main garden, with a merrily burbling brook for ambiance and metal and glass lanterns housing candles to throw light around the clearing. Low bowls and trays –the work of Sonata’s friend- contained the remainder of a selection of fruit, forage and herbs the black-coated mare had offered as a meal for her new companions.

Otieno was a firm fan of the whole gardening matter. The selection of fruit was fresh, ripe and sweet or tart depending on the selection. The herbs had been interesting, some spiced or sharp or perfect when paired with other elements of their feast. There were wild oats and forage, some snap treats that tasted of ginger, even edible wildflowers from the path they had first trekked up when making their approach.

Rolling over to sprawl on his side, Otieno tilted his head and grinned up at Sonata. “You are my new favorite friend, Lady Notturno. Pardon me if I never, ever leave.”

On Otieno’s other side, Cara Mia Aurum turned away from Ko’ikku and shared an amused look with Sonata. For her part, the dark mare seemed unflapped by Otieno’s enthusiastic approval of the food she had offered, saying again and again it was a delight to share the fruits of her garden with such an approving audience. Of course, that was before he half-sprawled under her nose, but even now she didn’t look much bothered.

“Otieno, you really must leave Lady Sonata be.” Cara laughed, shaking her head. “She is not used to you like we are, and your interest in her food aside, we are still otherwise strangers to her. Perhaps you can wait to throw yourself at her until she knows you better? Just a recommendation?”

She glanced over at Ko’ikku, rolling her glittering eyes and shaking her black silk mane back out of her face. In the candlelight from the lanterns her eyes looked like disks of starlight, her mane like the night sky tugged idly by the breeze. “Do you see our companion, sprawled out beneath the host’s nose? I am beginning to think we cannot take him anywhere. He excels in making a scene wherever we go, and he is not overly subtle to begin with, I have noticed. Have you?”

Ko’ikku Ahmshere shifted idly on her belly, rolling to her other side and leaning slight closer to Cara Mia. The slighter mare seemed like the cooler winds were getting to her, and so Ko’ikku lifted one wing and draped it over Cara’s back with a companionable grin. Together they tsked at Otieno and his lazy sprawling to the side, his feathered crest practically brushing Sonata’s knees where they were folded beneath her chest.

“He is somewhat disgraceful, isn’t he?” She sighed to Cara Mia, trying for tired and just sounding amused. It was hard not to be amused at Otieno, with his boundless energy and sometimes foolish charm. Their herd mate had a good heart, childish as he may be at times. “But I am afraid it is too late for her. She has fed him now, and you now the rule is that once you feed him he may very well follow you home.”

Ko’ikku considered for a moment, and then grinned at Sonata. “The fact that your home is a garden filled with delicious things for him to eat? And that he already knows the location, as he is smack in the middle of it, rather than having to search or actually follow you anywhere… Well, I am afraid you really are doomed.”

Otieno Wordcount: 220
Cara Mia Wordcount: 215
Ko'ikku Wordcount: 215

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:35 pm
Sonata, for her part, merely lifted her nose when she saw the stallion falling her way. Otieno contentedly sprawled on his side, draping his neck out across the space between them until his head rested under her chin. She heard the flutter of laughter from his companions and couldn’t help but join in when her story wrapped up.

“My goodness, and I thought I had tales of my family.” She murmured, smiling down at Otieno. “I am sure Cara Mia and Ko’ikku have plenty of amusing adventures to share, considering what trouble you must have gotten into.”

“You have some marvelous tales of your family.” Otieno murmured, affecting a faint pout as he glanced up at her, somewhat upside down but unbothered by the peculiar angle of it all. “The ladies and I have enjoyed the stories very much… And the songs and the food, which was excellent.”

He hummed, considering the matter for a moment. “Although, I will grant you I am most entertaining. I am quite certain that Cara or Ko would be happy to share a story or seven with you about my antics. I trust it will not negatively impact how you see me?”

Cara Mia laughed softly, glancing at Sonata with another shake of her head. When she spoke, it was more to Otieno than the other companions, but her tone was fond. “Considering the angle she is viewing you at, comrade, I imagine it is hard for her view of you to be appealing. Still, you are not exactly one it is easy to form a negative opinion of.”

“Excepting perhaps when you are flirting and dining someone in an attempt to get them to sponsor you at a festival.” Ko’ikku murmured under her breath. “That is highly disconcerting.”

“On this I will agree.” Cara Mia Inclined her head in a nod, acknowledging Ko’ikku’s comment. “That is disconcerting. I prefer our regular, charming comrade with his strange humor and unorthodox flattery. I am sure it is a good thing Sonata is happily pledged to a gentleman or she’d be overcome.”

“Even if his strange flattery and peculiar habit of muttering compliments while sprawled beneath one’s nose is exceedingly charming… Yes, I am sure she would be all but overcome.” Ko’ikku added dryly, winking at Sonata. “Speaking of that, Sonata perhaps you should share a story or two of your gentleman, since we are not able to meet him at this time? Is he part of a large family herd, like you are?”

Otieno Wordcount (Total): 321
Cara Mia Wordcount (Total): 333
Ko'ikku Wordcount (Total): 317

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:04 pm
Sonata laughed and resettled slightly, her braided tail tucked close to her side and her wings sprawled out to enjoy the warmth of the fire. They had indeed spent the night trading news and story and song, Sonata taking advantage of the option to gather news regarding the movement of herds and the product offerings of trade routes.

“I feel like I have monopolized much of the evening.” She demurred. “Surely you wouldn’t find tales of him that riveting! Though I will admit, he will be sorry to have missed you. Unique characters are always a delight to cross paths with.”

“That is nonsense, you have traded us story and song for our information from our homeland, the movement of herds, and the trade routes we observed as we moved through the land.” Cara Mia argued gently, smiling as the firelight danced on her golden scales. “Still, you have only briefly mentioned your gentleman, and we would be happy to hear more about him. Since we are from large families originally and have formed our small herd, it would be interesting to see if you or your dear one have done the same. If you don’t mind sharing, of course, Sonata.”

“If it helps at all…” Otieno offered with a flare of his crest. “I am from a very large clutch, at least by my herd’s standards. My mother and several others were blessed with many children, four to her, and to two other ladies, with three other females welcoming three children of their own. All of us were kept together in a youngling band, usually with a few caretakers who would take us out to explore and forage. I parted ways with them early on in the migration, finding that it was more pleasing to travel with Ko’ikku than the herd.”

“On the other side of things, my herd has never had such large clutches as Otieno can boast.” Ko’ikku admitted with a shrug. “Two to three children, to two or three mothers a season. We were folded into a group of the previous year’s children, as well as the younglings from the year before. The eldest of the group were able to fly and give us early lessons, and watch over us when the adults were out hunting or forging. Still, when things began to decline in our homeland, the herd fractured into smaller familial groups for the migration. They scattered in all directions, with the children typically parting from their parents and traveling with some of their own age group, at least for a time. By the time Otieno found me, I had parted ways from my herdsisters and was glad for the company.”

Cara Mia Wordcount: 100
Otieno Wordcount: 101
Ko'ikku Wordcount: 145

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:34 pm
“Well, in that case.” Sonata laughed, shifting slightly. “You know that my family is a large clan, with my grandsire splitting off and forming his own splinter clan when it most suited him. While his children spread slightly, they do routinely gather and trade news. Still, all of the children and then grandchildren have gone their separate ways and settled in individual territories where many of them have found companions or mates. My love is from a much larger, wider spread and further reaching clan. His relatives are well-known and influential, their traits passing strongly through the generations. They are particularly known for their multiple sets of wings, as many as three or four, which pass strongly through the generations and have reached to many different clans. I do not know how regularly he visits with his blood relatives, but he delights in wandering far and wide.”

“My clan had smaller groups of foals than even Ko’ikku’s, though our herd was highly mobile and frequently changed. Pairs or small families would drift in when the forage was good, and would part ways to seek greener plains when they deemed it time to do so. Aside from my sister there were maybe three to five other foals to play with, as I grew up? Sometimes we would cross paths with groups like Otieno’s, and play with their foals for a time, but the winged types usually stuck to the higher places and our kind never made it to the mountains.” With a shrug, Cara Mia nodded faintly. “I know I was always delighted to see any with new or interesting characteristics. Even pelt colors were a surprise, since many in my home band were drab or natural colors. I suspect it was partially for camouflage in our environment, so seeing those in stunning hues or unique patterns was intriguing.”

“I happen to be quite fond of your lovely coloring, fair Cara Mia.” Otieno murmured in his most charming tone, giving her a gallant bow of his head. “My clan was all dusk shades and preferred to forage and travel at night when such an opportunity arose. I think in the bright golden sun, your bay and shadows coloring struck with gold would be near incandescent. Perhaps the other herds were blinded by your beauty?”

“Oh, listen to this charming devil.” Ko’ikku laughed softly, poking at him with a wing and shaking her head. “No wonder the winged clans stayed clear of the lowlands. Those charming crested stallions with their sharp claws and clever tongues. What young mare wouldn’t be in danger from them? And you, Otieno, are clearly one of the worst ones. I am sure several mares warned their daughters about the likes of you, Silvertongue.”

Otieno pouted at the Parasaur mare as she laughed, giving her his best soulful expression. “Now Miss Ahmshere, you know that’s not fair in the slightest. I was just speaking the truth, no harm meant. Cara is one of my dearest friends, same as you, even when you say such hurtful things that cut me to my very heart. I was just about to say that I was sure Sonata’s charming gentleman couldn’t desire to wander too far, what with her being here and all, and how I am sure that gentleman that come calling on you or Cara will feel the same.”

“Well, that is an excellent recovery from all that flattery you were just heaping on Cara.” Ko’ikku teased gently. “Still, I can’t help but feel that Sona and I were afterthoughts. Nevertheless, I want to hear more about Sonata’s mystery gentleman. Several sets of wings sounds absolutely fascinating, and unlike anything we’ve encountered in our travels. So then, are they winged or skinned or scaled? What can you tell us, Sona?”

Cara Mia Wordcount (Total): 261
Otieno Wordcount (Total): 279
Ko'ikku Wordcount (Total): 289

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:40 pm
With a glint of silver eyes Cara Mia shifted slightly, turning her head to favor the stallion with a fond smile when he murmured charming words to her. The flattery was easily received with a smile, and in response the copper and golden coated mare laughed quietly. “My goodness, Ko’ikku is right! You are a charming devil, Otieno. It is a good thing that we are here to keep an eye on you, or you would surely have a legion of pretty things following along, lured by your sweet words. Nevertheless, I sincerely thank you for your kind words regarding my coloring. If I were a younger mare, I might just let you turn my head with that kind of talk.”

"Ahh, Miss Cara." Otieno replied with a shy bow of his head. "I am sure you afford my words far too much weight. Still! I am pleased this humble traveler has the ability to flatter you, though I am even more surprised that my words would injure either of our other lovely companions! I assure you, beauties all, that I am only made clumsy by your presence... And therefore lack the words to soothe and impress you."

He inclined his head to Sonata and then Ko'ikku, strange eyes glinting bright. "I do hope that a heartfelt apology, and most sincere intentions to improve, will help restore me the honor of your good will, Oh Merciful Ladies?"

“Listen to you, so surprised at my being correct.” The Pterosaur mare teased her companion with a flare of her wings and a fond grin.

“Regardless of whether she is flattered or not, I sense that Cara will soon be taking Otieno’s side against us.” Ko’ikku teased Sonata with a grin. “It is a rather formidable pairing, since she has an uncanny skill of finding precious stones, and Otieno can turn them into works of art. I suppose you and I shall have to train our hedge mazes tall, and ensure our roses have sharp thorns, to keep the two of them at bay.”

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:43 pm
"The ladies have a point in asking about your beloved gentleman." Otieno conceded, his feathered crest puffing slightly. "The discussion of families can be difficult, troublesome and heavy in the event that they feud. We of course, being new friends, would not wish to become a reminder of any heaviness your heart has previously felt. We also understand that some matters are private, exclusive to family, and not for outsiders to know.

Therefore, I would argue it would be pleasant indeed to hear instead of brighter things, cheerful things like love. Besides, it is always good to know if any wear unusual adornments or if they are in need of them. As I am here now, and wish to stay, I shall need some customers to buy the things that I and Cora use our skills to make!"

Glancing toward Sonata and Ko’ikku, Cara winked playfully. “See that? I was sure he didn’t mean to leave you out, he was just in such a hurry to reassure me, that’s all. He didn’t really mean anything by it, just forgot himself. But yes, I agree with Ko’ikku. Sonata, will you tell us a little about your home and the strangers that walk here? I think that once, while I was rock hunting on our travels, I may have seen one with many wings. At least, they surely seemed to move like more than one or two sets would, which makes me think that perhaps they are one like you describe. But it was a great distance so I cannot be sure, nor do I know anything about them beyond the faint, distant shadow.”

Reaching over with a clawed wing, Ko’ikku fondly tapped Cara Mia on the shoulder and grinned. “Yes, I see he recovers beautifully with you to coach him. Still, I think he must have some skill, perhaps when soothing irate ladies. He would not have lasted long enough for us to cross paths with him, otherwise, which would make this evening a great deal less amusing. That is, of course, to say nothing of the journey during which we found his humor and insight invaluable.”

Shifting slightly to a more comfortable position, she glanced back at her companion in interest. “A great shadow that may have had many wings? I am sorry to only just now be hearing of it. It would have been a very interesting discovery on our journey, assuming they were, well, civil. Then again, perhaps it was wise to remain distant, there were all sorts of things trying to flee our homeland, I am sure a great deal of them were unkind and sharp-toothed. They are certainly no great loss to us. But yes, let us hear more of true love winning the day; that is always an inspiring story!”

Cara Mia WC (Total): 255
Otieno Makar WC (Total): 254
Ko'ikku Ahmshere: 297

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items