[PRP] is it a welcome change? {temperance x alois} Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:06 am
"I was," she sighed. "- hoping they would reappear. That was a collector's item." Uncrossing her arms, Temperance rubbed a hand over her face. She'd have to save up for another one, assuming she could get one - she didn't want to use any of the money from her father for that.

She frowned as he brushed it off - from what she knew of him (which was, admittedly limited to emails and a few encounters), that was very like him. "I don't need anything, Alois. Buuut if you want a different job, someone told me the Rider Waite library is looking for a part time circulation desk staff. I don't have time for my old job anymore, so I had to quit." She hmmed.

"If living your life means getting a new job, I can keep an eye out for postings and let you know if you want."

hetzerei

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:00 pm
“Maybe it will.“ Considering how often Other Ashdown defied conventional logic, he learned to expect that it would furnish for its curious explorers in similarly mysterious ways. Was it a fallacy to think so?

Then why did you come? It wasn’t for the company. Does it look like I run a ******** coffee shop? Alois frowned, but kept his hands carefully folded behind him against the lip of the desk. Carefully he bit back his sarcasm. „I’m not a people person,“ he answered, deadpan. „If I was running any kind of a desk job, I would be of better use in ze back. Sanks, zough. It’s somesing to consider.“ As a last ditch effort, possibly. The lack of a dog meant far less patience for the living, and mixing himself up in a situation like that produced disastrous results - this, he knew from experience.

„I can job search on my own. Ze town isn’t very big. I doubt zere’s a lot going on around here zat I can’t find as one person.“ He pushed off from the counter then, and circled around to the back of it to busy himself with sifting through drawers, baubles, beaks and beads.

As he did so, he spoke to his work, though the phrases were directed at Temperance. „If you’re looking for someone to play nurse wis’, you might do better to find someone who is actually sick.“

the semblance of unity

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:10 pm
At his 'not a people person' comment, she sighed. "I can tell. Well, I thought I'd offer anyway. Job hunting can be daunting." She watched him sharply. Alois was not okay, but none of the people at the ball were, probably.

"Oh, yes, me, sitting here, not in my scrubs. Mm, yes, playing nurse, sure. Have I taken your temperature yet?" She crossed her arms. "I came to see if you were alive and okay. But if you want me to leave, I will."

hetzerei

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:33 pm
“Isn’t zat part of nursing? You pop in on someone to make sure zey’re alif’e and okay?“ Alois leveled a frustrated look at her. I hate this whole town. Damn do I hope it burns.

„I’m alif’e. I’m okay. If zere’s nossing else, I sink you sould leaf’.“

the semblance of unity

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:19 pm
Her eyebrows rose. "I'm not on the clock, not getting paid. But if you want to believe I stopped by solely because I'm a nursing student, fine." Was Alois actively trying to drive people away with his terrible attitude? Probably, she thought. Temperance stood.

"You're not 'okay'. Don't lie, Alois." She walked to the door and gathered her umbrella. Her staying would only exacerbate him into saying something cruel. "Bye."

hetzerei

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces