Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:47 pm
    Shiloh couldn't sleep.

It wasn't for lack of trying, either. The stress started to pile onto him, the anxieties started to eat away at him. He felt hollow inside—cold. His bed brought no comforts and the moon gave him no answers. He stayed inside. He 'woke', he ate breakfast and then lunch and then dinner, he went to 'sleep'. He paced the guest room at Jamie's house. He waited.

Dawn broke through the clouds one day. The house was asleep. Shiloh decided to leave.

He would come back of course, but he wasn't focused on the return trip home just yet. The door opened softly, his footsteps even softer, and he made it onto the concrete sidewalk. The rows and rows of houses was foreign. He analyzed every parked car on the side of the street. Four blocks down and he realized he made a massive mistake. Ten blocks and he finds a park. It's salvation.

The trees are dense and the bushes are denser. No one was around; it was just Shiloh, and he took to the fresh grass like a fish to water. There was something innate whispering to him, drawing him closer, beckoning him. He have to learn the names of the trees and shrubs sheltering him, because he's never felt such a sense of safety.

It's 7:38 AM and Shiloh's laying in a park, surrounded by vegetation, tucked into his own little space. He can't hear the cars on the street, only the birds in the tree tops, only the crickets in the thicket. His eyes shut as lilacs took over his palms, tiny vines curling around his fingers as they spontaneously bloomed from his skin. It's an awkward sensation, but he feels peaceful from it too.

He rests.

ephebe
COME BOTHER HIM

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:41 pm
Early morning walks were great, but they had become even greater since she'd acquired Madam Nibbs. Or since Madam Nibbs had acquired her; it was probably more likely to be that way around, all things considered.

Because everywhere they went, she got to watch her kitty react to the world and her kitty was the cutest kitty ever! Okay, some people did not agree; she'd already had a few mean people laugh at how scruffed up Nibbs looked, one ear missing the tip and her tail only half length - but that was fine, because they were obviously idiots and the little Madam was perfect. Every day that went by, her fur got a little bit thicker and shinier, bald or slightly bald patches growing out in lovely tortie colours and Isobel couldn't have been happier if her kitty had been the most expensively bred kitty in the world.

Madam Nibbs was the light of her life, easily. And on this very morning, they were taking a walk through the park, the little Madam eagerly examining everything and stopping every so often to watch the birds twittering.

Tibbie had gotten a few metres ahead of her cat, examining a pretty tree closer up, when a loud 'mrow!' came from her kitty. Turning back just in time to catch the crooked tail of Madam Nibbs disappearing into the shrubbery, it took a staggering 0.3 seconds for her to decide to follow; and follow she did, through the foliage to-

"Åh!" Startled, she held a hand up to cover her mouth. There was a boy! In the grass, with- flowers and vines on his hands? "Um-" nervously, she shifted on her feet, noticing a smug Madam Nibbs sitting by the boy's head- "are you, er, okay?"

Her tortie kitty was purring loudly, obviously very proud of herself for having found the young man, whoever he was. Perhaps she'd missed a bright career as a tracing dog- er, cat.

Melancholies
YESSIR *u*

Ephebe

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:13 am
    Shiloh was only vaguely aware of a few things: the shade and sun dappling his body in a strange mix of cool-warmth, the breeze whenever it would ruffle through his loose, curly hair. The plants in his palms too, but that was something he realized he would simply have to come to terms with; it felt obtrusive feeling them seemingly bloom from his skin, and yet familiar. It was strange to call his relationship with the plants anything, but there was a strong sense of camaraderie that he couldn't shake. When his finger twitched, so too did the flowers. They obeyed him, listened.

He was so lost to his thought that he missed the approach of Madam Nibbs, purely content with allowing the lilacs to traverse his arms and curl down his wrist and flourish from his sleeves. It isn't until that he hears a feminine scream that his eyes fling open, body shooting upright.

"AUGH!" is his graceful response, though he doesn't make any attempt to stifle the sound. The flurry of energy makes his flowers double in volume, a protective (albeit useless) lush of purple swathing around him. "W-Who? What? Y-You—"

As his eyes refocused, Shiloh had a startling realization. This girl? He knew her, he instantly recognized her from the ball, immediately realized—she had been one of the guests there with Melany.

But she had fled after his outburst, if he remembered right. Her and someone else—he couldn't parse through the memory completely, but it kept her from being stuck in the "utterly irredeemable" category. His eyes narrowed defensively, except they widened again when he became aware of the very-much-not-a-normal-occurrence of flowers blooming off of his body.

They fell from his skin and his clothes, immediately wilting when they landed onto the ground.

"You..." he tried again, looking Isobel up and down. He took a deep breath, "I'm... fine."

The tortie went momentarily unnoticed.

Ephebe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:02 am
The little Madam went to wind around her owner's legs, still purring and watching the boy with the flowers with great interest. Isobel, for her matter, was looking greatly baffled and hesitantly intrigued.

"You... bloomed?" Her voice was quizzical, watching him with wide eyes. "You're magic! Well, I mean, me too but-" on her head, her own crown of flower buds were blossoming into colourful flowers as she became more excited- "you're very magic! And so pretty! Åh," boys didn't like to be called pretty, did they? "With the flowers, I mean." She gestured lamely, an awkward smile on her face even as she was watching him with intrigued eyes.

"Åh, but I'm hovering aren't I?" To be more obliging, she crouched down and attempted a comforting smile. She didn't want to alarm him any more than she already had, after all. "Sorry about giving you such a fright, I really didn't mean to, I swear - I was just so surprised and I thought- it looked very magical, but sometimes magic isn't nice so-" she sighed, unable to articulate herself properly.

But he'd asked questions and it'd be most polite to answer, right? "I'm Isobel, or Tibbie, and this-" she laid a hand on the tortie kitty beside her, who gave soft 'mrrp' at the contact- "is my cat, Madam Nibbs. We were taking a walk in the park when she, um, led me to you."

Melancholies

Ephebe

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:22 pm
    "I... bloomed." Shiloh deadpanned, looking down at the flowers and vines and sprouts encircling his body. Well, Isobel wasn't wrong, but Shiloh was still getting used to the strange new magic that being a noble brought him. Actually, he was just trying to get used to life again in general. It wasn't Tibbie's fault, not really, but her words were rapid fire to him and it was almost too much to keep up with. His eyes narrowed slightly.

His only response was at the introduction of her cat. He looked down at the tortie curiously, watching as she purred and enjoyed herself. Had it been a dog he wouldn't have batted an eye, but a cat? Who took walks with their cats? Then again, this was Ashdown, and he was the boy with flowers growing out of his skin. Huffing under his breath, he hastily started to brush the flora off of his body.

"I know you." he mumbled, awkward, quiet, "The ball." Deep blue eyes looked up at Isobel again, bright and intense as he bore down onto her mentally, trying desperately to find any holes or nicks or cracks in her demeanor, trying to read her body language. It was the hypervigillance in him that made him so goddamn on guard, but it was hard not to when he was startled so badly.

"You were with her." He skipped all the formalities, didn't bother to introduce himself. That could come later once he'd discerned her motives.

Ephebe
sorry this is so late! Q__Q

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:37 am
"Well, yes..." Had that been the wrong thing to say? It probably had, hadn't it. Oh dear. Isobel bit her lip and wrung her hands, brow furrowed as she regarded the boy before her. She'd messed up once again and she wasn't quite sure how to move on from it.

It didn't help that when he spoke again, he spoke of things she'd not even noticed before now. The ball - of course, that was where she'd seen him; that small, niggling sense of familiarity that she'd thought had been a shared sense of camaraderie over magic had actually been a slight recognition. But 'her'? "Who-" and then it occurred to her exactly when at the ball she'd seen him- "åh! The lady that got stabbed?"

It seemed as if Tibbie wilted in on herself, flowers un-blooming to become green, closed buds as her whole demeanour drooped slightly. "Yes, I- I thought maybe we should help her but then-" she stopped, took a deep breath- "the things you said, you and the other person? I don't know who he is - I mean I don't know who you are either, but what I mean is-" frustrated with her inability to put the words together properly, she paused and took a moment to think before continuing.

"What you said, I didn't know about that until you said it but you, um, you seemed sincere-" vehement was more the right word- "and, and we left her after that. Because if she was so bad-" she cut off, unable to continue the train of thought. Unable to say out loud that maybe someone didn't deserve to live.

Melancholiesxxx
no worries at all and sorry as well dslgjhsj

Ephebe

ashdown

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas