[FIN] follow the leader (chester & jeremiah) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:51 am
Chester nodded once more, the return of a calmer Jeremiah calming him as well. The people who had been able to visit this place for much longer than he had, the ones who were known to the creatures here and called to do their bidding like the Mercers... they were a little kooky. He could understand why, but he was beginning to see the benefit to smiling and nodding rather than asking too many questions. Still, he was intrigued by the thought that the school had been destroyed. He had assumed it had simply never existed on this side at all.

"A beginning. I suppose I will look forward to it then." He glanced at the barrier, almost expecting some flash of what was to come, but there was nothing.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:45 am
"It'll be something, I'm sure." The barrier and the field behind it offered nothing to either one of them. Yet the moment Chester's gaze would slip away from it he would have the heavy feeling of being watched, that there was something out of the corner of his eye.

It would disappear once more when he looked back.

"Do you want a guide back to Ashdown, Chester?" Jeremiah asked turning to face him properly and offer a smile.

Smerdle

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:08 pm
"If you could, I think I would. Thank you."

Chester looked at Jeremiah as he replied, and when he did, he could have sworn the barrier... shimmered... just out of his line of sight. He couldn't help glancing back at it, but there was nothing there.

"We should hurry?"

azuredreams

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:23 pm
"I can with ease," Jeremiah replied, his glowing eyes getting brighter. "My eyes don't just do this for show, you know."

Then he was tilting his head as Chester said they should hurry, glancing back over to the empty field and back to him. "There was a cross over point a block away that I can lead you to but I've got a couple more places I need to look into before I head back. I'll lead you to it before I move on."

Smerdle
prob wrap on my next post?

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:06 pm
Okay, so Jeremiah might not have been concerned about the ominous shimmering and the distinct feeling that someone was spying on them, but Chester was. As long as Mr. Mercer was willing to show him home, however, he supposed he didn't care.

"That's fine." He smiled, though there was a predictably nervous edge to it. "Lead the way."

azuredreams
yes indeed! <3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:42 pm
Jeremiah was definitely not bothered and, more than anything else, seemed to be little too calm about the oddness of the field and being potentially watched.

"It won't take long," he replied, giving Chester what was supposed to be a reassuring smile, "and perhaps later I'll give you a few pointers to round out what my husband's taught you." It really was not that far away and Jeremiah, as he had said, lead Chester to a way back over and stayed behind himself.

There were things for him to do, after all, and he didn't need to find a place to cross over to get back if he wanted to.
final word count: 1052

5merdle
a wrap!

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2