Submit

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:20 pm
Jordan frowned slightly, a single crease of faint puzzlement between his eyebrows. "That sounds ... familiar," he said. Then he shook his head. "But I don't remember any dreams like that. I don't know. Probably doesn't mean anything," he said, assuming a light tone of voice.

He looked down when something bumped against his leg and smiled at the contrary cat with its fluff of flowers. "I see. It's just part of them, then." He carefully balanced his treacherous umbrella against his shoulder and bent down enough to rub the cat behind the ears, seeking the good scritchy spot. "Hi," he said to the cat. "I see you decided to join the conversation."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:01 pm
It was a beast of a cat with soulful blue eyes. It meowed as if the entire weight of the world was on his shoulders (it might have been, who knew).

"You'll know soon enough. As caught up as you were with the ball, it's likely those dreams will find you sooner rather than later." Jeremiah was watching the cat, more so when it purred and the flowers on it's chest began to bloom and flower.

"Must like you," he said to Jordan, "which works for me." The detective was crouching down, fingers held out for the cat to sniff. "I honestly was wondering if it might have been father to the kittens my husband and I ended up with."

Prolixity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:03 pm
"Once it knows you, huh," Jordan said, sounding thoughtful. "I guess I've been warned, then."

He watched with fascination as the flowers on the cat's chest began to bloom, apparently in response to the scritching or its pleased purr. "That's an unusual kind of family resemblance, I guess." He ventured to gently touch one of the flowers before stroking the cat's neck and shoulders. Other than the blossoms in its fur, it looked and felt just like a normal cat.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:22 pm
"Mm, if you find yourself experiencing things like this, you can come find me." Jeremiah fished into his pocket and a business card was held out for him to take.

The flowers were soft under Jordan's touch, the cat's purr a rumble that could be felt. It pushed more into his hand and was blatantly ignoring Jeremiah.

"I've not seen any others, so I thought it might be so ..." He shook his head and pushed himself up to stand. "Of course the other part is that he cleaned out a stall at the fish market."

Prolixity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:07 pm
Jordan accepted the card with a nod and tucked it into his pocket. "Thank you," he said. "I will." It was good to have an apparently knowledgeable source for questions about strange things.

He petted the demanding cat, smiling a little, fondly; it was likely clear that he had a weak spot for fuzzy, cute animals. "A whole stall, really? That takes some talent," he said with a quiet laugh.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:42 am
"No thanks necessary. I endeavor to make sure those that have found themselves involved are very much aware." Jeremiah watched as the cat responded to Jordan with a need more scratches and attention.

"Yes. Apparently he's quite the glutton for fish." The detective watched a moment longer before he shook his head. "I'm not going to bother trying to catch you," he spoke to the cat, "because I'm fairly certain you can just hide in shadows."

His attention flicked towards Jordan and he was loosening the strap on his wrist and offering out the closed umbrella there. "Give me your umbrella and take this one," he said, "it'll behave better."

Prolixity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:16 pm
Jordan scritched under the cat's chin a few more times, then straightened up, shaking his head automatically. "I'm almost home, I can deal with this thing a few more blocks," he said, not moving to take the offered umbrella. "Thanks, though, I appreciate the thought."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:24 pm
Jeremiah raised an eyebrow. "If it's just a few blocks that's fine, I suppose."

He smiled then, eyes glinting impishly. "Just make sure you've replaced it with a new one by the next time you see me." As then he wouldn't take no for an answer.

The othercat, for the moment, seemed like he was content to follow Jordan around for scritches.

"Like I said, if you run into anything, give me a call or text." Jeremiah took a step back, giving Jordan a slight incline of his head in goodbye. "It was nice to meet you, Jordan."

Then he was flicking two fingers through the air, a slight wave, to truly say goodbye and leaving.
final word count: 1200

Pro1ixity
thanks for playing with me! we must do this again > : D ... with non-fetch jeremiah, lol.

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:59 pm
Jordan nodded. "I will," he agreed. He was faintly relieved that Jeremiah wasn't insisting; he preferred to take care of things like that on his own, and this way he didn't have to worry about returning the loan. Anyway, he hadn't been fibbing. He really was almost home. It occurred to him to wonder briefly why Jerermiah wasn't using the umbrella he was carrying, but the thought came a moment later that it was probably because it was much harder to be stealthy with an open umbrella.

"Nice to meet you," he said with another nod. "I'll remember. Thanks again."

He turned back toward his apartment, giving the othercat a curious glance to see if it would follow. His lease didn't cover pets, so he hoped the cat wouldn't decide to follow him in. It must have some other home somewhere, anyway.

azuredreams
yes, agreed biggrin ty for the RP!

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas