Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:41 pm
"People don't come back," said Sunny. Pick pick pick pick. "They leave me. They always leave me."

But that is a topic for another time. For now: the matter of worlds. "But which one is Harry Potter? You see, it depends on who you're talking to. The world you want to save may not be the same as the world that's real or the world that's best to have for the best number of people. I want the world where I live. I am alive, even if I'm not human. I'm alive."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:50 pm
She thought for a second. "That's shitty you only get to live in one world. Is the one where ya live the one that's best for the best number of people?" The wording was a little confusing to her. "And I believe you. You look pretty alive to me; I can pinch ya if y'want, though. But like, okay - I pick the world where you stay alive." Preacher chewed on her bottom lip, then nodded. Sunny seemed very... lonely.

"What if I come back? Like I don't have a reason not to, but you also don't have a reason to care if I do or don't, so I dunno how great that is..." She shrugged. Not everybody needed people, but evidently Sunny did. And Preacher, in her way of snap-judging people, had decided she liked Sunny.

Pick, pick, pick. And then, before she could stop it, it popped out. "Doesn't that hurt?"

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:26 pm
Sunny considered this.

"It does," she said, with a small shrug. "But pain is just something from the body. It's not me."

She pressed her fingertips together, thinking. Also trying not to pick at her fingernails again. "I'll tell you how to save the world," she said. "But I want you to come back first. Not once. Not twice. You have to keep coming back."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:38 pm
"Still you-ish." She frowned, but Sunny seemed to stop. Pain was part and parcel of having a fleshy body, even if it was separate from the core of self. Ahhh, that was too much philosophical thinking for Preacher. She moved on.

For a moment, she pondered the terms. "Okay. I can come back." Preacher made the 'ok' symbol with her thumb and forefinger. "Since you ain't a home, is it easiest to come back here or...?" Maybe, if Preacher got an apartment real quick, she could give Sunny her tent at least. "You seem pretty chill, I can get behind it." She wasn't really worried about the 'how many times' part of it - it was, after all, a rather silly thing and she didn't really expect an answer. How to save the world.

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:30 am
"I have a phone," said Sunny. She rummaged in her pockets and pulled out a beat-up folded paper. Inside there was a five-digit number scrawled in what looked like purple glitter pen. "Text me when you want to visit."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:25 pm
"Hella," she said, in a serious voice. "I'll send ya a text so you have mine, too." Sunny didn't know it, but she was signing herself up to receive cute pictures of every cat Preacher ever saw. Even the old strays with raggedy ears. (They were so adorable - how they'd lived and fought and survived. Preacher loved them the most, maybe.)

"Also, if you want, y'can come chill with me whenever, too. I'm lookin' at getting a place cuz it's gon' snow soon. You shouldn't be out in tha elements all the time, either, Suns." Preacher frowned. Sunny probably wasn't mostly human, but still, that didn't mean it wasn't both dangerous and uncomfortable.

Just then her stomach growled, loudly. "I thiiink I'mma grab something to eat - you wanna come with - or I can bring you something?" Preacher was starving and that fruit roll-up had only awakened her stomach further. For some reason, despite how long it took her to trust people, she was kind of excited to maybe make a friend. It kind of high-lighted how (beyond work contacts) alone she felt.

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out