Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[PRP] a meeting with ... (renard & jeremiah)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:11 pm
It was a long time overdue, if he were honest about it, and before he realized it Jeremiah was writing up a brief email to talk to the man who just might be behind everything.

shibrogane
to: renard leroux (xxxxxxxx@xxxxxx.com)

Mister Leroux,

I was wondering if you could find the time in your schedule to discuss a few matters? I can easily move my schedule around to fit whatever time would be best for you.

Jeremiah Mercer
Chief of Police
Ashdown, Massachusetts

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:14 pm
to: jpmercer@ashdownpd.gov
subject: Meeting

I'm free for lunch on Monday the 17th. Shall we say 11am at the PEM?

Renard Leroux, PhD
Director, Shore Estate & Historical Society  

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:27 pm
shibrogane
to: renard.leroux@shoresociety.org
subject: Meeting

Perfectly. I'll meet you there.

Jeremiah Mercer
Chief of Police
Ashdown, Massachusetts

Jeremiah would be there, a handful of minutes early, his phone in hand and being put on silent and slipped into his pocket. There was no way he could not have it, not with his job as it were, but he certainly was not going to have it interrupt a meeting with Renard.

As close as Salem was, Jeremiah was not in it as often as he could be, and it had been years since he had been to the Peabody Essex Museum. The area was given a quick glance around, making sure he had not somehow missed the man, before he was pulling open the glass door and stepping inside.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:25 pm
Renard was already inside the museum, chatting with the receptionist. The young woman was enraptured by him, smiling, and when he turned to look at Jeremiah she scowled--but Renard, evidently unbothered, crossed the atrium to Jeremiah. "I've made reservations at the restaurant," he said, "But shall we take a turn through the exhibits first?"

azuredreams

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:48 pm
Jeremiah was not even going to acknowledge that scowl. Not a chance.

His head inclined towards Renard in pleasant greeting, a small smile given. "Not at all." Jeremiah gestured for him to lead the way. "Was there a particular exhibit you were wanting to look at?"

shibrogane

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:41 pm
"No," said Renard, "not particularly. I enjoy seeing what's rotated out since my last visit." He took the lead, hands in his pockets as he sauntered down the halls like he owned them. "What are these matters you wish to discuss?"

azuredreams

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:55 pm
Jeremiah slipped easily into step next to Renard. "I honestly cannot remember exactly when I came here last. Probably when I brought Zac-"

That had him pausing a moment and he shook his head.

"Ah, part of it is related to the changes to Ashdown. The disappearance of the Shore mansion, the chasm in the forest. If you've any knowledge about anything else that may happen, I would appreciate it." His gaze flicked from Renard to the exhibit. "That isn't everything but it is part of it."

Since he was Chief of Police and there was a town to look after- Anything he could find out that would make sure people would be a touch safer? He would do it.

It certainly did not help that it had been revealed that people were living in the forest.

shibrogane

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:59 am
"It's never happened before," said Renard. "So I'm afraid I'm as in the dark as you are. But I should also like to note that this is not entirely unexpected. Real things do not belong in an unreal world, and vice versa."

He paused.

"But that you call the tear in the forest a "chasm" is interesting to me. I thought it was more of a rift, myself."

azuredreams

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:58 pm
"I was, admittedly, worried that you would say that." Jeremiah had thought that perhaps it was the case, that things had not spiralled quite like this before in any other cycle. Hearing it from Renard continued it.

His head tilted, blue-green eyes blinking and pausing in his steps. "I say chasm because I've not actually been out there myself to see it and that's what it's been reported to me as." Not with work and other ashdown keeping him busy, Jeremiah had not been there. "You say tear and rift as if-" Jeremiah paused himself, thoughts whirling. "As if something or someone caused it."

Yet hadn't they?

"If it's a rift, then what is it a rift to?"

shibroswol

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:23 am
"I don't know," said Renard. "I'd speculate that a powerful binding has been broken, and that there's a murder committed by one of your own that you're ignoring."

He paused for a moment in his rambling steps.

"I highly doubt such a rift goes anywhere."

azuredreams

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:44 pm
Jeremiah came to a halt as well, not quite sure what Renard meant at all. Not that the rift went nowhere or that it was part of a binding that was broken; that he could understand and the details could be looked into.

"You don't mean Heliodora, do you?" Though that was murder, despite the circumstances, it was known about. What had he missed? Wasn't this all part of the cage breaking? Or was it part of something else. "You're in the dark about some of this as much as we are."
word count: 594

shibroswol

ashdown

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces