[PRP] intersection (preacher & jeremiah) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:50 pm
"A perk a what?" She frowned at his burned comment. "I didn't figure it'd be easy. I mean, it's ********' magic, you gotta learn it. Like ridin' a bike." She cracked her neck loudly.

"So what d'you do - mutter spells? Concentrate hard enough to give yourself stomach cramps? Waggle your fingers and blink twice and fwoom?"

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:59 pm
Jeremiah was not going to finish his statement. A perk of who is father was was simply something he did not say in this kind of company, if at all around most others. Very few would understand if ever or at all.

"It's a bit harder than learning to ride a bike, though you're likely to end up exhausted to the point of passing out versus skinned knees." Jeremiah raised an eyebrow at her comparison but it was not that far off. "Something like that. Mantras have their uses for some, gestures for others, and actual spells for those who are inclined. My husband writes his out and reads from a grimoire."

His form glimmered and Jeremiah disappeared, fire left where he was and then trailed on the ground as he reappeared on the other side of Preacher. Cold green fire enveloped him now. "In my case, I command and what I want happens."

Yet he hadn't spoke at all.

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:23 am
She whirled around, fists coming up automatically at the sudden movement. Feeling silly, she shoved them in her pockets. "Hey! You didn't even say anythin'!" She had noticed he didn't respond to her question, but moved on, and she decided not to press it. One: it didn't matter and two: pressing him just didn't work usually.

"So how d'you figure out what's what for y'self? I mean if I'm gonna be here, might as well learn how to knock s**t upside the head with magic." All in all, Preacher was very nonplussed by it all.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:39 pm
He had answered her question if it was about how things were done. Unless it was the perk thing in which case that was going to go forever unanswered. Jeremiah's ties to both Ezra and the Court of the Sorrowful One were no one's business.

At least it seemed the Preacher took this all in stride much like she had taken Blackfriar's in stride. "Do you read anything about magic? Watch any shows at all about it?" He paused before adding. "This is actually relevant."

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:32 am
"Uhhhh, I read Harry Potter - part of it. And some fantasy books, like Mistborn - though I don't think eatin' metal to do magic is a good thing, y'know? And those book about the magical white horses n' s**t. Heralds or somethin'. 'Course I read about normal ol' witches, too. Why?" She'd actually read all of those books and remembered them perfectly, but it seemed highly uncool to admit to that. And if Mercer was gonna tell her to lumos up a ********' light, she was going to just stare at him. She'd rather think about it so hard her eyeballs burst then utter some mumbo jumbo Latin in an attempt to magic up a light. Plus, she could probably just use her lighter instead.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:47 pm
"Well ... you can use those as a reference guide, if you want. The spells in those books, the way the characters use magic to bring things to life. Lumos," he wasn't reading her mind, this was just his honest to goodness go to for explanation, "works extremely well because it's from a source material that's very popular.

"It's not the only method to perform magic but it's one of them."

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:28 am
"Maybe I can just punch eveythin' instead," she muttered. "Y'know, maybe I'm not cut out for magic junk... like, I don't even know why this shitland decided to suck me in n' stuff. I ain't anything great."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:15 pm
"I wouldn't recommend it," there was a flicker of amusement there, "as it will likely not end well for you in most cases. I doubt I'm the only one who can't be harmed without a great amount of force or damage."

Still, Preacher was giving up before things even started. It's was-

"Magic is about what you want to do, Preacher. Anything is possible. Do what you want with it. Comparing it to magic in books is often easy for those who have no idea of it. I simply command it myself." Fingers snapped and this time he was surrounded with cold green fire.

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:52 pm
"Lame," she mumbled. The more they talked, the more this turned into a litany of 'here is a cool thing that you cannot do, but I can'. Like, Preacher got it; she wasn't anything special. Anything was possible, but he didn't know her. Do what she wanted? Hah, ridiculous. She watched as he snapped. The effect made her flinch a bit.

"Neat," she said. It was really ******** cool, actually. "I'm going home." She turned around.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:55 pm
"Preacher," he said as she turned, "for one I can show you how to do something yourself." His hand was held up, two fingers shown.

"Two is that unless you want to wander around here for what can be hours, I'll help you find a way out."

The Semblance of Unity
if u want we can fade to black on my next post? jer will ttly show her how to do some thing or the other.

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:55 pm
She turned back around reluctantly. "Well, that's not nice of rainy s**t-land to just suck people up and not spit 'em back out." Crossing her arms, she glanced up at Mercer. Not for the first time, she wished she was taller, more imposing, or just have any kind of presence at all.

"I dunno what I can learn, but...." She huffed out a breath. "I guess I'd like ta try."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:50 pm
"This place isn't nice, Preacher, but we can learn how to navigate it and how to deal with it." Jeremiah's posture shifted, relaxed.

"Come on, I'll see about finding a way out and while we do that, I'll teach you how to summon one of the elements." Mostly because he preferred teaching someone something that came natural to them. People always seemed to gravitate naturally to some kind of element and this would likely not be any different.

... and by the time he did find them a way out, Preacher would at least be able to do that.
final word count: 1369

The 5emblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items