Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[PRP] For Goodness Cakes (Acacia + Nasir)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:05 pm
Acacia shifted her grip on the plate in her hands, carefully making sure she could balance it with only one of them before reaching up with the now free one to brush an irritating strand of hair behind her ear. Then she pushed open the door to Darlene's and made her way inside, casting a quick glance around to judge how busy the place was today. It was a little embarrassing to admit, but she'd already been halfway here before the possibility that Nasir might be too busy had really occurred to her.

She'd nearly turned right around and gone back back home. The cake would keep, it could wait, and she could pretend that it didn't eat at her that she'd forgotten her friend would be working, just because she wasn't. But she'd kept on anyway, because holing up in her apartment going crazy wasn't getting her anywhere. She was going to do something nice and normal if it killed her, and no one else appreciated a good recipe the way Nasir did.

Sweeping her worries away and keeping that thought in its stead, she moved from the doorway towards the counter and waited for a chance to catch the cook's attention.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:14 pm
Acacia was in luck because Nasir was actually coming out of the kitchen on break. He had a hand towel thrown over his shoulder and a smile on his face as he waved towards someone that was eating some of the wings he had just made.

It took him all of two seconds for him to notice Acacia at the bar.

Which meant she was being pulled into a stupidly warm hug a moment later. "Acacia!" he said with a smile, hugging her and cheek pressed to her hair a moment. "I haven't seen you in a while, I'm sorry I've not been by!"

What? He totally meant it. Nasir had been swamped and had not been able to see her as much as he normally did.

KitsuneAura

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:35 am
Nothing ever did chase worries away quite the way a good friendly hug could. Acacia returned it just as enthusiastically, as relieved by the sudden warm welcome as she was that it hadn't completely startled her. Not so crazy she was jumpy in safe spaces yet, that was good. And for once in her life, it looked like she'd even had good timing!

"It's good to see you!" Smiling brightly, she shook her head. "And don't you worry about that, I'm sure you've had a lot on your plate too. Honestly, you've probably saved yourself a visit to the dentist not visiting more. My brother's already threatening to have me pay the bills when the inevitable strikes." With a laugh, she pulled back to get a better look at Nasir.

"How have you been?"

azuredreams

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:31 pm
Nasir laughed. "... you sure he isn't going to be coming after me since I help sometimes?" Or he had in the past, with making forms. He wasn't great at decorating but he could bake some amazing layered cakes and tarts.

The young cook looked good, for the most part, though there were circles under his eyes that his glasses couldn't exactly hide. "I've been doing good. Been really busy. Oh, I'm going to start going to that culinary school in Boston next semester ..." Since he had always talked about it and he had recently graduated.

"You holding up okay?" he asked, giving her another warm squeeze of his arm and a smile.

KistuneAura

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
ashdown

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash