Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:08 pm
A crow raspily called out from a quarter mile or so away. It was eerily on cue, as if it was because it had thought Preacher's melodramatics were funny. Eve waved to the girl in a silent cue to start walking in the direction of the noise.

"If that's what's you decided, then it would be a little more likely to happen in regular Ashdown, right?" the werefox offered in reply. "Maybe only because of your choice to do nothing. On this side, however, I think those choices have just enough more weight to them that it can make that possibility closer to a guarantee. And that's even without the positive attitude."

She smirked again. Clearly she was teasing a little.

the semblance of unity

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:02 am
Preacher rolled her eyes. "We can't all be made of sunshine and flowers." She started walked with Eve. "I dunno, the idea of just willin' stuff to happen seems fundamentally silly, y'know." A twig cracked under her boots. It was much warmer here than in Ashdown and her cold bones appreciated it. Hadn't someone said it was all flip-flopped, season-wise? Or something.

"Can you do magic junk?"

cibarium

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:46 pm
"I'm a shapeshifter," Eve reminded Preacher, with a proud grin. "Technically speaking, I'm part magic. By the way, getting bitten by a moonwalker does turn you into one. In case you were wondering." She imparted that knowledge incredibly casually, as if she were talking about where to buy crafting supplies.

"If you're asking to see fireworks, though, you're out of luck. I'm not inclined to flashy displays of power."

the semblance of unity

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:43 pm
Shapeshifter, smapeshifter, she thought. "Yeah, I know gettin' bit does that thing - just like the movies. Arma... Lily told me." Lily was cool. All shapeshifters were a little weird, maybe, but in different ways.

"Dun worry, I'm not 'bout to go round askin' to be bit. N' that's too bad - I like flashy stuff. Big bangs and s**t that makes your opponent go 'what the ********'." She stuck her hands in her pockets.

cibarium

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:24 pm
"That's the kind of stuff you'd like to do, I take it?" Eve guessed, interested. "As far as you going off looking for someone to bite you... who am I to judge if you do?"

Was that a double-entendre? Yes. It totally was.

the semblance of unity

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:15 pm
She shrugged. "Flashy can startle n' be effective. There's a place for every type, y'know?" Preacher shot Eve a suspicious look.

"Well, I ain't gonna, so there." The double entendre had, for once, flown over her head.

cibarium

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:10 pm
"Of course," Eve agreed. "It's a good starting point, too. Wanting to do something gets you a few steps closer to actually doing it, flashy or not."

They'd caught up with the crow, which was perched smugly on a tree branch.

"Did you know crows have a sense for magic?" Eve crossed her arms and leaned back to peer at her 'friend.' "I'll bet if you walk under that branch you'll end up back on the other side."

the semblance of unity

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:20 pm
"How d'you know?" she said, but her mind said 'what if this is a trick'. "Aren't you comin' with - ya come go on in first."

cibarium

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:56 pm
"Doors to and from Other Ashdown aren't always literal doors," Eve explained. "And crows like showing off about finding them. If you insist, though -"

She stepped forward and vanished.

It wasn't very flashy.

the semblance of unity

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:08 pm
Reluctantly, she followed. And it worked. Preacher might find Eve later, in the standard world. Maybe.

cibarium
fin?

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items