Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:24 pm
Fionn's scent was something like the scents of a river, something painfully familiar the more she delved into it and yet it was also comfort.

"Good," he said softly, "now tell me something you can smell. Something that's carried here on the wind. Perhaps off of the crow?"

cibarium

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:31 pm
It felt silly to sniff at the air, but Eve did. And then she made a displeased face.

"Smells like I'm going to have a talk with someone about not leaving food out around the house. Even if it's in Other Ashdown."

There was an aging bowl of cereal with milk in the dining area. It wasn't pretty.

ashdown whaler

cibarium
Crew

Noob

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:32 pm
"I wasn't going to say anything," Fionn chuckled softly. "Can you sense the difference now, sister? The way things light upon your senses? How everything is carried to you in some way?"

cibarium

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:36 pm
"It'll take time until I can speak so philosophically about it, but yes. Thank you." Eve reached over, offering a hand in gratitude if Fionn would take it. The significance such a gesture must have had among moonwalkers in other cycles wasn't lost on her.

ashdown whaler

cibarium
Crew

Noob

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:43 pm
"I will warn you that this is a bane as much of a boon," his voice was soft, looking down at her hand and then back to her eyes. "Here it isn't so bad but back over there? It will likely be overwhelming until you adapt.

"It will stay long after the full moon fades." Fionn gave her a sad smile then, holding his hand out over to hers. It rested there, as if it was touching, but would wisp away if she tried to grip it.

cibarium

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:51 pm
Oh...

The joy that was clear in Eve's face was extinguished the instant she pushed her fingers forward and found them touching nothing instead of twining with another hand. She'd wanted so badly to touch him, and truly connect with him as 'pack,' and hadn't really noticed how much she had wanted it. As she saw her brother's fingertips wisp and dart away from her own like minnows in a pond, she knew for sure this would be impossible.

"Is this the only time I get to see you?"

ashdown whaler

cibarium
Crew

Noob

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:57 pm
"I don't know," Fionn admitted, "because these things are often confusing but I wanted to see you, sister, and perhaps help you.

"Which I have." The other fox leaned forward and ghosted lips against her forehead before he leaned back once more. "What you have learned is possible, pass on to your pack. Guide them, Eve, and achieve what I could not."

See this end.

He would stay with her a bit longer, enjoy the feel of having pack close once more, and then he would be gone.

cibarium
    congratulations et consequences

eve has unlocked (for herself and for other moonwalkers) the ability to have her enhanced senses during all phases of the moon! this is normally a beyond stage ability but she has unlocked it early with the assistance of a former moonwalker!

for the rest of your quest, eve will experience and need to adapt to having these enhanced senses at all times. go forth, moonwalker, and share what you've learned.

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff