Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Side RP Board
I hear Johto is nice this time of year. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:37 pm
"Sure, go ahead and underestimate the tankiest Pokemon ever. Go ahead," Xerser said with a smirk.

He had a point. Though it was taking fairly constant poison damage, it still stood strong, looking as if it had only taken a moderate amount of damage. It even shrugged off that Supersonic like it was nothing.

"But enough messing around. Seismic Toss, Chansey!"

"Chaaaan!" Chansey cooed before charging at Palaeo with all the speed it could muster, planning to grab and then throw it with all her might.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Crap," Sayara huffed, struggling to come up with a strategy in this already one-sided battle. "Sweetie, just use Synthesis, okay?"

"Ohhh no, you don't!" Keiko growled. "Natalia, Peck again!"

Chespin was able to heal quite a bit of its wounds, but with no Coba Berry to shield the blow this time, it was forced to take the full brunt of Natalia's attack, ending up with slightly less health than before.

"There, that should do it. Now, give it another Dark Pulse." Hitaro told Zorua.

"Yeah, let's see you hit me with it," Rala broadcasted telepathically before using Double Team to practically dance around the Dark Pulse that Zorua fired.

"Jeez, evasion moves?" Hitaro asked, rubbing the back of his head. "You're really not from around here, huh?'

"Why?" I asked. "Do Johto trainers generally ignore perfectly valid moves? Or is that just Goldenrod trainers?"

"Don't get smart with me, ~/~hole!" Hitaro shouted suddenly.

"What's the matter?" I retorted without missing a beat. "Afraid to think?"

Hitaro growled at that, but said nothing.

"This thing is weak as crap," Hitomi complained. "Just use Double-Edge!"

"Aw, crap," Abby whined. "Try to dodge it, Angeal!"

"I got a better idea, Boss!" Angeal exclaimed, unfazed by the pony that was charging toward him. "How about I just nullify it's speed with EARTHQUAKE!"

You know the story by now. The move he actually used was Sand-Attack. At least the sudden sand in its eyes made it's Double-Edge miss.

"Aw, yeah! Critical hit!" Angeal exclaimed, a fire in his eyes from the excitement.

"You used a status move, dumb~/~," Chaos griped, apparently tired of the Torchic's antics. "It took damage from recoil, not the move. ~/~."

"Don't tell him that!" Absinthe demanded. "If you tell him that his moves are crap, it'll just ruin his self-confidence! You gotta let him believe that he's using good moves, even though they're garbage."

"...how's that supposed to make me feel better?" Angeal asked, feeling dejected despite Abby's intentions.

"They're cheating," Hitaro spoke out, getting the attention of his crew. "They're not following tournament rules. They're just using whatever they please. There's no point in holding back, anymore."

"Tell me about it," Sayara frowned.

"Uh, yeah, there is," Xerser spoke up. "You guys wanted to get better at tournament fighting, and using the rules as a handicap against people that go all out is the best training there is. So don't just give up like a loser. Stick to the plan."

"It's a pain, but I do want to be better," Sayara huffed.

"Crap. ...fine," Hitaro relented.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:09 pm
"Hate to break it to you but that title belongs to Shuckle. Those Bugs are unbreakable." Lykas retorted with a small laugh. This guy really thought Chansey was the best defensive Pokemon out there? "You're aware that Chansey are, collectively, physically frail, aren't you?" He asked before looking back to Palaeo. "Another Drain Punch."

The Vibration Pokemon was grabbed by the violently pink Egg Pokemon before he could get himself moving and found himself being spun in a wild circle, pounding away at the blubbery nanny Pokemon with fists aglow with Fighting energy all the way up until he was hurled back toward the ground.

Even with the health absorbed by the punches and the Aqua Ring adding to it, Chansey's poison was enough, at last, to leave the amphibian out cold, however. "Hmph. Leave it to the cowards to just try and weather their opponent's attacks and chip away at them." He muttered to himself as he recalled his Pokemon and pulled another Pokeball from his belt to replace him. "Ready, Okeanos?" He asked as he released the Clawitzer from it's ball.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:55 pm
"Crap, Chansey's looking warn out," Xerser cursed under his breath as he watched Chansey wobble from weariness. "If only Eviolite hadn't been knocked off. Chansey, use Soft-Boiled!"

Chansey tried to obey, but without an egg in its pouch, it was unable to heal itself. It kept pulling from it's pouch, but retrieving nothing.

"Crap. Knew putting it there was a bad idea," Xerser sighed. Even though the move was wasted, it had been made.

"Keep trying, Zorua," Hitaro ordered, setting the Dark-type to spam Dark Pulses.

"Get close and use Draining Kiss again, I told Rala, who was able to dodge Zorua's attacks despite several of her energy clones getting hit. Fortunately, Zorua wasn't able to keep spamming Dark Pulse after it fainted.

"You've got to be kidding me," Hitaro huffed, withdrawing Zorua and letting a Crabrawler out of its ball.

"Crap, gonna hafta risk it," Sayara huffed. "Use Seed Bomb, sweetie!"

"One more Peck, Natalia!" Keiko yelled.

Natalia charged at Chespin, and despite taking a Seed Bomb to the beak, landed a hit on the Chespin that caused it to faint.

"Oh, Chespin! Ooh, it's okay, just come back,"Sayara said, looking worried as she recalled Chespin.

"I'm going to make you pay for that," Sayara glared as she let a Swinub out of it's ball.

"Try another Wild Charge, Blitzle," Hitomi asked, the electric horse neighing as it built up electricity.

"Come on, Angeal, you can do this! Give it another Flamethrower!"Absinthe cheered.

"I don't know that move," Angeal answered solemnly.

"Sure, you do!" Abby argued. "You just gotta believe you ca-"

"I ain't believing ~/~!" Angeal yelled. "I ain't gonna be lied to no more. My power might be weak, but it's MINE!"

With that, Angeal rushed toward the charging Blitzle before leaping up and aiming his talons at it. "Eat Scratch, ~/~!" Angeal crowed, his talons sinking deep into horse flesh as the Blitzle crashed to the floor.

"Oh, what?! Bullcrap," Hitomi protested.

"So, that's what a real critical hit feels like," Angeal said stoically. He would have been smiling if he had lips instead of a beak.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:56 pm
TerashiLeonGoken
"Crap, Chansey's looking warn out," Xerser cursed under his breath as he watched Chansey wobble from weariness. "If only Eviolite hadn't been knocked off. Chansey, use Soft-Boiled!"

Chansey tried to obey, but without an egg in its pouch, it was unable to heal itself. It kept pulling from it's pouch, but retrieving nothing.

"Crap. Knew putting it there was a bad idea," Xerser sighed. Even though the move was wasted, it had been made.

Lykas shook his head. This Chansey was unlike anything he'd ever seen before. Capable to taking physical attacks better than any he'd ever had the displeasure of actually battling before but incapable of generating a new egg to use for it's signature healing move? A very strange Pokemon, indeed. Probably had a lot to do with that trainer, though.

"Okeanos, let's finish this. Crabhammer." Before the shrimp could move, however, the mystical, floating stones Chansey had laid out on the field earlier converged on him, stabbing at his carapace with dangerous precision. It was clear they hurt but they hadn't done that much damage, he didn't think. Rock-type moves weren't super effective on Water-types most of the time, after all.

It took only a moment more for Okeanos to break himself free from his stony prison, followed by a rapid charge to Chansey, water pulsating through it's launcher's rear nozzle and ratcheting it's speed up as high as it xould get in the short distance between them, where it landed a giant-rocket propelled claw in the Egg's Pokemon's face.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:47 am
Xerxes sighed as Chansey took the Crabhammer and fainted. "Come back," he said, withdrawing the Chansey and its Eviolite.

"You're up Gourgeist," Xerxes said, letting a rather large Gourgeist out of its ball. "Give it a Seed Bomb!"

Gourgeist summoned a circle of plump seeds above its head, and then let go, causing gravity to push them to the ground around Okeanos, each one bursting into Grass energy when they collided with the ground.

"Alright, Swinub, let's finish this quick!" Sara growled, letting the Swinub out of its ball. "Use Stealth Rock to weaken her other 'mons!"

Swinub complied, scattering rocks across the floor Keiko was standing on.

"What the-" Keiko muttered. "Try using Confusion this time, Natalia!'

Natalia fired some twisted Psychic energy at the Swinub, that hardly seemed to be affected by it despite definitely getting hit by it.

"Alright, hit it with Crabhammer," Hitaro said, apparently getting tired of Rala's shenanigans.

"You should be able to deal with this thing using your Psychic moves," I told Rala, who seemed to agree.

Rala saw another of the energy copies fade due to Crabhammer before firing a Confusion at the foreign 'mon.

"Not gonna lie, kinda curious about where you got THAT Pokemon, but it can wait for after the battle," I said.

"Thanks for your help, Angeal," Absinthe said earnestly, happy to have won her first real Pokemon battle. "And... sorry for-"

"No, that was my bad," Angeal admitted. "I appreciate that you were trying to be there for me. I just... didn't want to delude myself any further. I'm sure I'll be that strong eventually, but I should be able to accept that I'm not there, yet."

"Heh, that's pretty mature of ya," Chaos smirked.

"Yeah!" Abby agreed. "So... should I put you back in your ball, now, or..."

"...give me a minute," Angeal said, shaking his head and looking up at me and Rala. "I wanna see how HE fights."  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:02 am
Lykas was a bit relieved to see Chansey go down, honestly. That thing was tougher than he wanted to admit it had been. However, when the replacement showed up, he realized he just might be screwed. Had he even brought any Pokemon that weren't weak to Grass-type moves? He hadn't really been planning on battling today so probably not.

Regardless, his best bet was to just try and power straight through and hope he was able to brute-force his way through this. He had a kid sister watching to show off for after all. "Okeanos! Look out. Use Dark Pulse." He instructed. Okeanos nodded and, rather than immediately attempting to dodge the incoming attacks, tiny legs making swift movements difficult, at best, he took aim and blasted the seeds he could hit out of the air with the the stream of darkness that coiled in upon itself as much as it projected toward it's target. At least it's Mega Launcher ability made the attack more potent than normal to compensate for what power was lost in the initial self-defense maneuver. Which had failed, he noticed, when one of the seeds skimmed passed the beam and exploded beside him, cutting the beam off, abruptly when it caused him to jolt away from it due to the sheer concussive force. Hopefully he'd managed to actually hit Gourgeist before being stopped. He hadn't been sure , too busy defending himself to see if he'd hit the enemy or just it's offensive.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Side RP Board

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas