Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:57 pm
User Image

Freedom. It was a strange concept to Tisiphone, one she contemplated as she wandered around her new 'home'. She had to make her own choices and find her own way to her goal.. she had gone North and soon found herself in the Pridelands, and joining had been easy. Too easy.. but she was quickly learning that this pride was possibly larger than its reputation and even more stupidly accepting. She was grateful there was no way for everybody to keep track of everybody else and no formal welcome ceremony..

Not that Mittere would take special notice of her. If Mittere looked like Mors, then Mors, Alekto and maybe even Megaera would be noticeable. Tisiphone had a distinct advantage, and she found the perfect pride to use it in.. it would be impossible to search a population this enormous in passing, so here she was, a Pridelander.

For now.

In her few days in the pride so far, she frequented busy areas of the pride and participated (clumsily) in as many hunts as she could.. but she barely spoke to anybody. From the outside, it looked like she simply had trouble making friends.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:16 am
User Image With so many lions in the pride, it was easy for anybody to get lost. Madaha, even with her bloodline, found it even moreso easy. Her markings were common enough, as were her colors. She was thankful for it, for how much it helped her just... Vanish.

The downside was that she couldn't remember who was who, which could become problematic for a healer. The rust-brown lioness let out a sigh, eyes closed as she walked. Why did she decide to become a healer?

A crash not too far away of a lion into some bushes, followed by the panic of a pair of voices fishing the crashee out of the bushes reminded her. Her dear, accident-prone mate, always getting injured. If there was one family Madaha could identify in a heartbeat, it was anybody related to Hadaya.

One lion she couldn't identify was a pale purple and white lioness. Head tilting, a smile slowly spread across her face as she approached. "Hello there! I don't think we've properly met before! I'm Madaha, who might you be?"

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:24 am
She would make a very poor spy indeed if she didn't manage to keep track of all of her surroundings, especially when she was being approached. Tisiphone met Madaha's gaze and smiled politely when she walked up to say hello.

"Pleased to meet you, Madaha," she answered brightly, "My name is Kalypso."

Shortly after leaving home, Tisiphone had made a decision on if she ought to use her real name or not while traveling. It wouldn't mean anything to anybody, but she never wanted it to mean something to anybody. She would likely change it again when she left.

"I haven't been here very long but I can tell you must be old blood," she guessed, still smiling, "You look like you fit right in."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:36 am
For a moment, Madaha's ears went back. Old blood, indeed. Like many lions, she could trace her family history back to Ahadi. Of the lions who could, and knew it, the majority traced it through his younger son, Mufasa. Madaha was one of the startlingly few who could trace it through the older son, Taka. From descriptions her father gave, passed to him by his own mother, she was his near-spitting image, while named for her grandmother. She personally knew neither lion, nor did she want to live up to some kind of legacy.

Her ears shifted back forward, smile returning. "Some old blood, a lot of new blood... My mother was born a rogue and my grandmother was also a rogue." While her blood was more rogue than Pridelander, though, she was born and raised here. This would always be home, and it would always be part of who she was. "It's a pleasure to meet you, as well, Kalypso. If I may ask, did you join from another pride? We've recently had an influx of lions joining from outside, it's hard to keep track of everybody!"

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:43 am
It didn't take more than a glance to know Madaha had exactly none of the traits that Tisiphone was keeping an eye out for, but her comment about rogue blood was interesting. She did look a great deal like the royal family, or what Tisiphone had been able to pick up about them so far, but there could be other blood hiding in there. The thought made the task before her all the more daunting.

Six years.. how many unknown generations could have passed in that time?

"No, I was a rogue," she answered, smiling sheepishly, "And not a very good one, I was happy to find such a welcoming pride. I've already been learning a lot having so many skilled hunters to watch and help."

And that.. was actually the truth. It had been a calculated decision but it didn't take long for the lioness to realize she needed to work on her hunting skills if she wanted to survive alone.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:52 am
"You're not taking hunting advice from Kushindwa, are you? Because he's probably one of the worst lions to teach you how to hunt." Bless his soul, he TRIED, but he couldn't really hunt to save his life. If he'd been a rogue, Kushindwa would probably have starved by now! "How he hunts ANYTHING successfully, I've got no idea..." She let out a sigh, frowning a bit as she looked over her shoulder. Indeed, there were Bluu'kirembo and Arudaina picking twigs out of the pale grass-colored mane off in the distance. Madaha's gaze returned to Kalypso, smiling again. "Not that there's a shortage of hunters and huntresses to help you. We're all happy to offer help with hunting!"  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:02 am
Tisiphone was genuinely taken aback by the question and declaration of Kushindwa's incompetence. Madaha seemed so friendly, so sincere.. and Tisiphone had no real experience with lions like that. Even Facio, who was pretty transparent in his training efforts, had been hiding something when the time came to leave. Unfortunately for Madaha, the purple lioness was left guessing that the other must not be particularly bright.

"M-maybe," she said with a light laugh, "I haven't been able to catch everybody's names. You're not the first to introduce yourself, but you're the first to really stop and chat."

She looked over behind Madaha when she glanced that way, guessing it was one of those lions she was talking about. Likely the clumsy one getting the help.

"Are you a huntress, Madaha?" she asked.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:16 am
Perhaps her honesty was a BIT blunt. But it had to be better than lions finding out first-paw just how chaotic it would be with Kushindwa hunting with them. She'd never seen him walk in a straight line before.

The topic shifted, ever so slightly, and her ears went up. "Me? Oh, not for a while now. I'm a Healer! It seemed a good idea to have some around the pride, especially with how many lions there are. Not every hunt is successful, after all, and no hunt is without risk." She shifted, glancing now in the general direction of the Elephant Graveyard. "Or in case hyenas attack..." They made her, in a word, nervous. Maybe it was very old prejudices talking, who knew for sure? She only knew that they were much more direct competition than leopards, cheetahs, and wild dogs. For whatever reason.

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:20 am
A healer? That was very interesting. Tisiphone wouldn't have any clue where to start with treating an injury except cleaning it.. she wondered what there was to learn about that but shook the idea off. She wasn't hear to learn a new skill, however intriguing.

She looked off in the direction of the Elephant Graveyard at the comment about the hyenas, sensing a history there and wondering if it would be worthwhile to ask about it. She decided to play it safe with an easier question.

"Do they attack often?" she asked, "Nobody has mentioned the hyenas.."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:29 am
Madaha hesitated, "Well, no.. But Simi warned us about them once, and my father's always told me they're dangerous and untrustworthy. He never had a good experience with a hyena..." Which if anybody had ever known about the history her grandfather had with hyenas, they'd find ironic that Taka's only living son disliked the beasts. "They also steal food from the lands, and kill more than they can eat..." She was just stating facts, after all. Right?  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:32 am
"Oh, interesting," she said, keeping her eyes off in the distance thoughtfully. One of her meals between here and home had been a the result of minor conflict with another scavenger.. but one hyena had been easy to take. Many would be harder, but there were so many lions here.. were they disorganized? Chaotic from lack of structure? It wouldn't be that much of a surprise..  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:40 am
Before Madaha could say anything else, she heard a series of yells before another crash of brush carried over the grass. She cringed, ears folding back as one eye pressed closed. "That sounded bad... I'm sorry, I'm going to have to go make sure they're okay. Bluu'kirembo and Arudaina are convinced they can get Kushindwa hunting properly. I hope we can talk again, Kalypso!" Turning, the rust-brown lioness went to tend to her mate and friends.  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:49 am
The crash drew her attention away from the distant Elephant Graveyard and she nodded to Madaha before looking past her to the lions that were causing the ruckus. So that did make Kushindwa the clumsy one.. the other two were far more interesting. She noticed they both had spots and one looked almost purple.

Unfortunately, her own purple was probably not connected to Mittere. She didn't remember her mother but looking at Facio, it was the best guess on that..

She watched Madaha and her friends for a few minutes before getting up and walking off to find somewhere else to watch other lions from. Being in a pride was strange, everybody she met was strange..

Fin!  
[IC] Pridelands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff