Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AMItotic
Crew

Nebulous Trash

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:58 pm
"Yeah, it's all good," Lily responded, rubbing at one of her eyes as she looked over at Zac. "Still kind of...jet lagged or whatever, couldn't find any mascara, sooo welcome to my real face." Lily's real face was a little less pale than her made-up one, and had small splotches of acne if one bothered to look too closely.

She nodded slowly at Liam's advice, perking up when she heard a familiar phrase. "Oh, um, is that the one with the, like, guy who cuts hair and then kills people? The...demon barber guy." She didn't wait for his confirmation, and just nodded to herself. "One of my buddies was super into it. Liked the whole Tim Burton thing." Lily looked at Marcus, then shook her head. "Nah, we just kinda hang in the same crowd. Small world, you know?"

She glanced past Liam to Jamie, and her expression went blank, glancing back and forth between her packmember and a familiar blonde. She wanted to say something, to reach out, but as long as Shiloh was there her hands were tied, and so she bit her lip and forced herself to look away. Her input wasn't wanted in that situation, so the best thing she could do was to pretend none of it had happened.

endejester

Silverah

saedusk

melancholies

iStoleYurVamps

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:33 am
For a second, she startled. Then, thinking quickly, she smiled at Liam. "Do you? It's not the only thing I've changed, but I find it's growing on me." Temperance tugged on a strand of her hair. This was... quite obviously Liam, and not their Liam, as nauseous as the phrase 'their Liam' made her. He knew her, and Jaime, and Zac had introduced Lily and... maybe it'd be safer to pretend this all.

She looked at the others, then back to him. "You've drawn quite the crowd. Asking about your protest? Though I've met a few of them about town." She gestured to Zac and Lily, then stepped forward, taking the card from Zac.. To be honest, Temperance had no idea what the protest was about. And she didn't dare respond to Marcus' question; it would give things away. "Ah, thank you." This was to Zac. "When can I pick it up?"

"Thursday - what did we have on Thursday?" Her mind spun in circles. This was harder than she thought. Temperance could always say 'oops thought that was Friday' if Liam gave her another weird look. Fake it til you make it.

silveraih
endeijester
amiitotic

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:13 am
In any other situation, Jamie wouldn't have shied away from Lily. Far from it, he would've shown her the confrontation between her and Shiloh didn't mean he loved her any less. She was still an important part of his life, she was still family, and the only thing that stopped him was the way Liam addressed him and her and the sudden choice between two very awkward situations.

All he could chance for Lily was a small smile, not realizing she mistook Oliver for Shiloh, and then his attention was back on Liam.

Back on Liam who seemed to know him when Jamie had absolutely no idea who he was or what they were apparently doing on Thursday, if that invitation had been meant for him at all. It was all very confusing. What he should've done, mostly likely, was tell the truth, was mutter I'm sorry, have we met? What he did instead, all awkwardness and non-confrontation, was go along with it just like Temperance.

"I-I've... got time. I think," he said, looking to Oliver to confirm. He didn't exactly want to be left 'alone,' even if the invitation wasn't extended that far. As he stooped down to pick up one of Zac's cards, he made what sounded like an offhand comment in reference to Marcus, "Hopefully the weather will, um, hold up 'til then."

AMItoticccc

Silverahhhh

The Semblance of Unityyyy

Melancholiessss

endejesterrrr

iStoleYurVampssss

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:27 pm
Liam gave Lily an odd look, then took a step away from her and towards Temperance. "Like... the Peewee's Big Adventure guy? No. It's a musical. On Broadway. Sondheim. Angela Lansbury."

He looked over at Temperance, brows furrowing. "No," he said, "I - weren't you just wearing scrubs?" He glanced down at the ACT UP sign he'd left leaning against the fountain. "I mean, probably wiser to ditch the sign, with the cops around..."

He seemed like he wanted to back away from Temperance as well. "The thing," he said, looking uncomfortably at Lily and Zac and Marcus. "At the place. Jamie. Who's your friend?"

Saedusk

Amitotic

the semblance of unity

Melancholies

endejester

istoleyurvamps

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:49 pm
    Oliver was baffled. More than baffled. Though he scarcely recognized anyone here, he definitely didn't understand the connection between Jamie and this... obvious stranger, even though the man seemed to know him in some way.

He wondered if this man knew Shiloh in some way, though he also doubted it. It wasn't as if he had made any comment on his face, which the twins had obviously both shared. “It's Beaumont." Oliver spoke smoothly, missing the awkward glance from Lily. “Oliver Beaumont." his smile was impassioned, but genuine. “It's a pleasure. And you are?"

It seemed to be the question that everyone was thinking, just not asking. If anything, the young man seemed to be very uncomfortable, very—or at least he was uncomfortable about "The Thing", which if his protest sign and demeanor was any indication, was probably illegal. Regardless, he put himself between Liam and the growing crowd, offering a hand out for a cordial shake, a gentle distraction from the current situation.

Saedusk

AMItotic

Silverah

the rest of u

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:08 pm
She laughed. "I don't wear scrubs all the time! I brought extra clothes." If Liam called her out, she could say she'd been playing an elaborate game.. out of.. um, boredom, maybe. "And yeah, I'd, um, ditch it. They might decide to do a sweep for lagging protestors."

When he looked around, Temperance did too. So he didn't recognize them... He was nervous. "Right," she said. "We can talk about it somewhere more private?"

silverah

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:13 pm
Foot to foot, Marcus swayed back and forth as he displaced his weight, blue eyes watching them all thinking to why the shift in tone. Gathering after a protest wasn't the smartest thing, nor was the fact that a few of them weren't exactly looking like picture perfect citizens.

He smiled at those he didn't know, namely everyone really. Being a recluse was not always to the man's benefit.
"I am sure my employer will understand if I took some time off for a later date. He's been very kind about my situation. Paperwork is never the most quick of things." Vague, he grabbed one of Zac's cards, tucking it neatly into his coat pocket. They also seemed to be making passing introductions. That was good.

That however, did not mean he'd be introducing himself. He felt like he was interjecting.
"I-" He looked around again, voice subdued. "I am afraid my memory is hazy. I don't recall where to go." He rubbed the back of neck and looked at the ground. He knew the feeling of eyes on him, of people looking. He got it enough with his hair and skin in certain parts of town.

And after protests dispersal. One sent off, any gathering was subject to scrutiny.
"Remind me?"

Silverah

+ all of u he is idek  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:53 pm
Liam narrowed his eyes at Marcus, his teeth on edge. "No," he said, grabbing his sign board and tucking it under his arm, the words ACT UP peeking out from beneath the sleeve of his peacoat. "I don't think I will."

He looked toward Zac and Lily, flashing them a brief, tight-lipped smile. "I hope you enjoy your time in the city," he said. "Please give my regards to Broadway."

He looked to Temperance and took her hand in his, pulling her towards Jamie and Oliver.

"Are you a... a relative of Shiloh's?" he asked. "I mean. Dumb question."

He glanced at Jamie. "I'm not sure we have room."

Endejester
ur excused

AMItotic
u too

istoleyurvamps
Liam thinks ur a narc

the semblance of unity
act cool

saedusk
u too

melancholies
and u

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:51 pm
As before, Jamie didn't know what Liam meant when he said what he did. Room for what exactly? It felt increasingly wrong to lie like this with each passing second. At the same time, he had to wonder what the odds were of this particular person knowing someone named Jamie who looked enough like him that no red flags were yet raised. This whole situation was very, very disconcerting.

Was it possible to tell the truth now, though? Would there be consequences if they tried?

"I..." almost immediately he hesitated and it was hard to look Liam in the eye when he continued, "would really like to stay together. I-If we can."

Silverah

Melancholies

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:21 pm
Temperance did not jerk back her hand, even though she wanted to. She let herself be pulled by Liam, even though she didn't really want to... because this was in the pursuit of finding out what was going on. With her free hand, she gave Zac and Lily a little wave.

"I'll be by the bookshop later. Don't, um, sell my book until I come by, okay?" She looked at Jamie and Oliver... they were the ones from her time, right? Right.

"Liam, can't we squeeze one more? I don't... I don't think it would hurt any."

endejester
meet u later

amitotic
u too
silverah
saedusk
melancholies

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:47 pm
Liam made a face. "Since when are you an expert in how many people my partner's spare bedroom can fit?" he asked Temperance, but his expression was quizzical - almost like he thought it was a joke.

"You'll have to clear it with Renard," he said, turning to Jamie. "It's not really my call. Anyway. Thursday night."

"The wake," he said. "At Andromache. Or did you forget?"

The Semblance of Unity

Melancholies

Saedusk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:05 pm
    “...his brother, actually." His smile was somewhat tight lipped as he awkwardly pulled his hand back. Regardless if his shake (and question) were overlooked, he got his in and his answer anyway. Liam, huh? At least that's what the women called him—Temperance, Temperance... he'd do well to remember it.

Still, lying didn't really make him feel much better, since Liam was obviously mistaking them for someone else... still, it was concerning that he found Jamie and Temperance so believable... and of course, then Shiloh's name came up. There was too much coincidence.

“I do thank you for the opportunity regardless." he was cordial and amiable, eager for a potential contact in this era. He still wanted to tell Liam the truth, but it might have to wait for their own mission's sake.

Alas

He looked between Temperance and Jamie again, stepping back from the conversation. Wake? Andromache? Who had died?

Silverah

The Semblance of Unity

saedusk

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:48 pm
She wrinkled her nose in a playful manner. "I'm an expert in everything," Temperance said teasingly. It was kind of shocking how easy it was to just lie about all of this. She wondered what that said about her character. No good things, she imagined, feeling kind of slimy. More importantly, Renard was here, too. She wasn't surprised. They were, after all, the dubious duo.

Suddenly, Temperance remembered exactly what ACT UP was about. That, the year, the wake - maybe cracking jokes wasn't exactly the best thing for now.

"Nice to meet you, Oliver. Today must be a day for new faces." But his face was so similar to Shiloh's, who apparently existed here in another form as well. It was all too full of dippelgangers and alternates selves and Temperance needed to have a good, long sit-down to process it all. She looked towards Liam. Where was Andromache? That was the name of some kind of character in Greek mythology... Or some kind of place. Of course it was - but where?

"What time and where are we meeting? There? Sorry, it's just... been a long day." She sighed. As if that could explain her questions.

saedusik
melanchoiies
siiverah

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:26 pm
Liam looked concerned - perhaps more than was necessarily appropriate from Temperance's perspective. "7:30," he said. "At the bar. Are you feeling alright? If you don't think you'll be alright on the train..."

He trailed off, fingers clenching around his sign board.

He looked over at Oliver and Jamie. "You know the way home - could you make sure Temperance gets home alright? I have to get back to the office."

He reached out, patting Temperance gently on the shoulder. "Get some rest."

Melancholies

Saedusk

the semblance of unity

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
ashdown