Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:39 am
Liam stomps over towards the top of the stares and inspects the scorch marks on the floor.

He makes a disgusted sound.

He turns, looks around, and stomps over to Marcus.

"The ******** going on, man?" he asks. "You see anything?"

istoleyurvamps

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:17 am
“ONE ward isn’t enough! It’s going to protect you best because you’re the epicenter!”
He shot back to the offended hostess, who was listening at least to someone. If you’ll consider putting down more, I’ll try and get Mister Mercer.”

He turned to Temperance, their Temperance.

“Can you, would you hold on to my waist? I don’t want to fall if I do this wrong, but if you need to, let go. Promise.” He said firmly.

He paused and then added something. “And do not remind me of falling into the lake…” He brandished a finger at her

As soon as she had her hands on him, hopefully enough to keep him from being dragged into the rift as well, he’d try yet again to grab Jerimiah and pull him free.

The Semblance of Unity

silverah

shibrogane

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:14 pm
Jamie Delacroix | 25/25
    +1 to Persuasion
    -1 to Combat

You. The word hit him like a firm slap on the back, the way an overzealous uncle might greet someone, shortly knocking the wind out of him. "M-Me?" he stammered, gaze darting between everyone else gathered near the stage. Then he closed his eyes, he breathed, he remembered that this wasn't the first time they'd been under pressure like this.

Just because things were escalating—and quickly—didn't mean Jamie couldn't handle it. He'd grown a lot since that first full moon.

"Okay!" he told Liam, who was already moving away, then added, "I'll be right back..." and took off toward the bar. 'Under the ones,' he kept telling himself in his head, 'It's simple, Delacroix, stop overthinking.' And it was relatively simple once he found the right button. Smashing no sale popped the register open and beneath the stack of singles his fingers hit metal.

Grabbing the key, he ran back to the stage, holding it out for whoever knew what to do with it. It was silly to feel good over such a small task, but he did. "I got the key!"

Silverah

shibrogane

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:27 pm
"Liam!" There's a flash of uncontrolled panic in Sibyl's eyes, one she muscles back under control. The other-Jamie and other-Shiloh have made their way to the center of the dance floor with other patrons: Dana is drawing sigils in lipstick on the floor, nose wrinkled with something that's either disgust or irritation. That shade of deep blood-red can't have been inexpensive.

Mika takes the key and rucks her sleeves up as far as they'll go. "Be right back," she says, and exits stage left.

Temperance grabs onto Zac, and Zac tries to catch Jeremiah--

--only to be pulled in after him by the inexorable force of Jeremiah's uncontrolled freefall--

and on Jeremiah's next pass from ceiling to floor, he is still there, but Temperance and Zac... are not.

endejester
u out 4 now
The Semblance of Unity
u out 4 now
Melancholies
saedusk
the results of ur keygrabbing will happen on my next post :3
Smerdle
iStoleYurVamps

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:29 pm
    Oliver Beaumont // 22/22
    +1 to Persuasion
    -1 to Combat

Oliver looks between Shun and Jeremiah and Shun again, but it doesn't really matter. He opens his mouth to speak and there's a sudden pressure in his head and the oh no never makes it out. The noise lets off. The flash is blinding. His head throbs.

“You don't see the giant ******** hole in the ground?" he says at Shun, perhaps a little too harshly (he's panicking, but what else is new). Suddenly there's two people trying to yank Jeremiah out, and then they get caught up in the rush and fall in too.

Except, they don't come out.

“Holy <********> He's speechless and shellshocked and forcing his legs to move towards the stage, face still leaking blood, vision still blurred. He nearly trips over Dana in the confusion, but his mind is set on finding Shiloh—his Shiloh—and his Jamie. People are drawing satantic sigils. The world is probably ending. At least let him die with people he actively knows.

Shiloh Beaumont // 23/23
    -1 to Combat

Jamie's trying to reason with the Queens and there's other people talking and then there's an explosion; Shiloh doesn't panic, not really, not in any overt sense. It's like watching everything through a slow motion lens. It's almost peaceful in its catastrophe; gentle in its downfall. The pressure is mounting again but hey? It'd just repeat. Or they'd die. But then they'd likely repeat again anyway.

Well, Jamie would. Maybe Oliver.

Actually—

Liam calls out to the two of them but Jamie's the one who acts (had he been that unfocused?) and suddenly he's alone (or as alone as he can be with all these people on stage). He watches his friend like a hawk until he feels a familiar nudge at his side, and only then does he turn to acknowledge his twin with a fleeting sense of safety.

“This kind of sucks." he tells him with a sad sort of smile.

“A understatement." Oliver shoots back, but he's a good sport about it. As good of a sport as you can be when there's an unknown number of bombs planted in this dinky little bar.

Either way, it felt terrible to be this useless. Sure he had his plants, but what could they do in a situation like this? He tried to ignore the vines squeezing around his hands. He swore under his breath.

Instead, he dropped down to the floor where Dana was situated “Hey, anything I can help with?" he knew he had a lot of magical talent; his status as a noble afford him as such, it was just so unfocused. The vines were crawling out around his neck now, searching and hungry and scared. Shiloh's face remained calm—mostly. Mostly.

Shibrogane

saedusk

iStoleYurVamps rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:36 pm
Getting up on shaking legs, Marcus was trying to figure out what had just happened. He'd been focusing on the entry, wondering when it would happen, if he could do anything then pop! The light and sound fried his nerves. He was glad it wasn't the bomb but then, what was that? It wasn't like what happened before and the pressure was still around them so just what had happened?

Liam's approach was met by a bewildered Marcus who was still a tad bit shaken."I, well, there was nothing then a sort of.. firecracker? I don't know." It sounds stupid and he knows it. In the back of his head he wonders, thinks it might have been him, but he was sure he didn't cause a bomb, much less any type of explosion.

"I- alqaraf." Zac and Temperance both vanished into the void. They were gone. Swallowed up and- Marcus began muttering a string of curses in arabic eye looking back from Liam to the gaping hole that current had taken two of the Ashdown crew and held one alternative Jeremiah.

Finally, they settled on Liam,.
"What the hell were you planning on doing?"

Silverah
with a -1 to boot :'3

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:03 am
Liam seems terribly unconvinced by Marcus's fumbling - if anything, the cover story alarms him more. "Why the ******** would there be a firecracker in the bar?" he demands, his voice shaking with... is it fear?

It's fear.

He seems torn between going and investigating the explosion and confronting Marcus, and winds up just kind of standing halfway between the two and groaning in disgust.

"What do you mean, what am I planning on doing?" he asks. "The bar's full of strangers, we've got an active ******** bomb threat, I can't find my boss, and something just blew up - and... are you sassing me?!"

He turns uncertainly in a circle, mutters, "fukcing hell." The bewildered misspelling is audible.

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:44 am
Dana holds out the tube of lipstick. "Can you check my work," she says, "and--um--we're going to need more bodies. Temperance?" The nurse looks over to them, surprised, even as Mika is hustling back in, a box in her hands. What she pulls out from within the cardboard is about the size of two fists and glows from within with a strange violet light. It pulses in time with the writhing edges of the rift. She puts it in the middle.

"It's lucky we have so much time," says Mika. Dana nods, stiffly, as Jamie and Shiloh--the eighties versions--sit down by each sigil and add their own notations.

Before any of them can finish, the pressure reaches its crescendo and slams apart, a burst of heat and light and noise--

and they're brought about to the beginning again.

Marcus Lacroix
iStoleYurVamps

Nazriya Ravnholm & Isobel Penrose
Ephebe

Rabbit Vaughn
Smerdle

Oliver & Shiloh Beaumont
Melancholies

Jamie Delacroix
saedusk

Lily Babineaux
AMItotic