Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[ENROLLMENT] Von the Mist Hunter - APPROVED

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:31 pm
DEUS EX MACHINA PERSONNEL FORM

The Hunter

Name: Lexington Vondrasek-Laurent
    Nicknames: Pending RP

Category: Mist

Personality:

+ Astute
        + Adaptable
        + Mindful
        + Inspired
        - Untrustworthy
        - Disconnected
        - Unnerving
        - Melancholic

The Weapon

Name: Cxzne'Khyewcz  (basically unpronounceable)
    Nicknames: Malicious, Mal
    Type of Weapon: Urumi
    Former species of weapon: Crow Harpy

Personality:

+ Persuasive
        + Perceptive
        + Supportive
        - Malicious
        - Manipulative
        - Hypersensitive

Why did your human character choose to become a Hunter?
    Joie de vivre describes what Lexington would assume was an intrinsic part of life quality. He saw this joie de vivre in many people, many places and many activities outside of himself. And certainly nothing about life suggested the dull inanity that he often knew - the posh Parisian parlors were a train ride away, Belgian chocolatiers at the length of a long walk, and native German food and drink surrounded him in his border town. He knew all the tourist sites. He knew some of the exciting little secrets of which his friends often whispered.

But life was a pane of glass, a fractal image beyond his touch. Joie de vivre was a turn of phrase, a trick of the tongue, a myth.

So when he heard tell of a world in stark contrast to his Aachen home, when he learned that he need only die in this life to join that one, he agreed in half a breath.

Perhaps joie de vivre was not as elusive as he thought.

Weapon Ability

Blood Curse [The Tainted Fang]: Malicious lives for pain and torture. This ability utilizes charge to cause previous unhealed injuries to bleed over time.

Physical Description:

Eye Colour: Hazel
    Hair Colour/Style: Black, long bangs and sides with short, cropped back.
    Skin Colour: what is the sun
    Clothing Style/Colours:

White/Gold Coat: Sleeveless, reaches the knee, open
        Scarf: Red
        Clothing Colors: Black, red, gold, neutrals
        Style: Tribal Goth

Extra: When not in use, Malicious becomes finger armor on Von's left index.
    References: Face (w/ gold eyes) - Hair

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:08 pm
Hey, just letting you know that my hunter's going by the name of Lex, and he's pretty well known, so you may want to consider changing your character's name to avoid any confusion! smile  

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:33 am
switched nicknames! wasn't sure if your lex's first name was exactly the same (and i'm not well-versed in navigating tih to find any kind of character masterlist) so if there's still conflict, let me know.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:35 pm
Approval pert things~!

Looks good for most part, however the history/reason is no-go :C

Hunters come from exceptionally normal backgrounds, and often struggle with their ability to see shadows. A person who's family is littered with suicides is certainly possible, however the level which is described is alarming and would have been an exceptionally well documented part and cautionary point for Von's entire life-at the first signs of any form of mental instability or possible depression, he would have been tested and if not outright put on medication.

That said, without knowing where Von was raised, it would not be possible that he would have been able to visit bars or cabaret theaters.
His hunter recruitment is also slightly odd- Hunter recruitment is often done when someone is at their lowest true, but the person wouldn't be a 'regular' at an airport diner as hunters use portals. They might approach and make small talk and manipulate the conversation, but the phasing here comes off as if they spent many days on site- hunter recruitment is mostly done covert, and very much in a manner to manipulate the situation to get a person to agree.

I would suggest toning down the exceptionalism of the suicides and keep in mind, if your hunter had a 'linage', they would have also have been recruited once 18 or older. The 'breeding program' was only a thing shortly lived in the past generation of hunters. For a line to exist, children would have been conceived/born logically prior to a hunter's recruitment prior the last generation.

FEAR attack: The injuries would just need to be existing ones/ones not yet healed for this to work. Can't magically open old scars and such is all so just clarify on this.

Not approval pert: Just keep in mind when he gets his urumi that he will likely be hurting himself a LOT due to it's exceptionally dangerous level of self harm and the required training needed to effectively wield!

That said if you have and questions or need help just ping~!

Strickenized

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:37 pm
MISSED THIS BUT also approval pert is that his eyes won't actually be gold- they'll have to be normal humans eyes, though contacts can be worn!

Strickenized
sorry double quote

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:50 am
Hello Vamps,

Thanks for the crit! Here's a list of changes:

• Rewrote hunter reason
  • Clarified FEAR ability

For the eye colour, I am getting mixed signals from other TiH documentation. This source was what I used to fill out the profile. It states:

Hunters are 100% human, and thus have human features. No wings, claws, etc. are allowed for Hunter characters! Skin colors must be in the natural range; hair/eye color can be any color of the rainbow!

It does not state a requirement for hair dye or contacts to achieve unnatural colors. Skin color is the only noted feature controlled for in the natural range. Is this information outdated? Was it supposed to specify only natural hair and eye color unless augmented with dye/contacts? Please advise, and if necessary, I will change the color.

istoleyurvamps

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:15 pm
Hi there!
Idk if I'm allowed to give crit but uh, I think its fine if he uses "Lex" as a nickname imo.
I have a hunter named Jake Cross and I know recently there was another named Jacob Knight that used Jake as a nickname and... honestly it's a super-common name lmao u can't really control names @ hunters.
WEAPONS on the other hand....
(That list needs to be updated imo....)

Also @ uh, eye colour/hair /SLOW STARE AT MY LOSER
I THINK as long as it's explained aka hair dye/contacts I think it's fine idk why it's... such a big deal. /shrugs
It wasn't until like, recently I was able to explain why he was so abnormal lmao

IDK IF THIS HELPED AND I AM SORRY IF I AM HINDERING @ QUEST ADVICE BUT UH, just my two cents DON'T KILL ME ;;
/ollies out  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:51 am
Strickenized

The form itself its mostly intended for the use of artists- as a GM however, it's just my job to make sure it's both understood and acknowledged that under that unnatural hair or eye color, there is a normal human eye/hair color. A lot of hunters wear colored contacts for whatever reason, just as many dye their hair, (in fact, most trainees often suffer a month or three of the dreaded nude roots which is actually pretty fun to rp around).

So again, they might not actually be gold, but wearing colored contacts is perfectly fine - so his art can/will have him with gold eyes. Sorry if I wasn't very clear on that.  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:19 pm
iStoleYurVamps

Thank you for the explanation!

Colored contacts require a certain amount of effort and vanity not often indulged by this character, so I changed eye color to hazel.

@[A.V.]; Thank you!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:47 pm
//Deus Ex Machina Entry Form xx.xx.xx

//Name:
//Gender:
// Entry level: Trainee
//Status: Rapunzel
//Clearance: Approved for entry
(( OOC: Don't forget to drop off certs HERE ))

Strickenized
History and traits look good to me! A very quick note about battle: usually a Hunter's FEAR SHIELD (their weapon's natural protection) helps against extremely severe wounds until their HP hits 0, it is entirely up to you and the other rper how you want to interpret this in battle!

+ You are good to go!

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out