Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply News with a Christian perspective
70 Nations Will Gather In Paris To Discuss The Future Of Isr

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:52 am
January 15th: 70 Nations Will Gather In Paris To Discuss The Future Of Israel

BY MICHAEL SNYDER/ECONOMIC COLLAPSE BLOG DECEMBER 29, 2016

On January 15th, representatives from 70 different countries will gather in Paris, France for an unprecedented global conference. The stated goal of this conference is to promote a "two-state solution" as the way that lasting peace will be brought to the Middle East.

Read more: link  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:31 am
Two verses come to mind:

• Revelation 11:1-2 (NIV)

11 I was given a reed like a measuring rod and was told, “Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, with its worshipers. 2 But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months.

Who are those gentiles? It could be the Ishmaelites/Arabs (as opposed to the Israelites and those grafted into Israel?).

And that conclusion reminds me of:

• 1 Thessalonians 5:3 (NIV)

3 While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

Perhaps thinking, "we've finally reached peace", not realizing the wrath they've provoked and then suddenly "attack and catastrophe" galore. However, this verse is referring to when Jesus returns in the clouds (what was described in chapter 4 of that same letter to the Thessalonians). Comparing that to Matthew 24, it does say, "Immediately after the distress of those days [...] Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven [...]" Matthew 24:29-30. I know the abomination that causes desolation, mentioned in verse 15, could be referring to the Maccabean period and that pig sacrifice to Zeus in the temple, but clearly Jesus didn't return then in the clouds, so whatever Jesus is referring to by "the abomination that causes desolation" in Matthew 24:15, immediately after which Jesus shows up in the clouds, must be something else. I'm excited though if His return is just a few years away (or less surprised ). Third temple needs to be edified A.S.A.P. though for Revelation 11:1-2 to even be a thing (altar, courtyards, limited access to an edified and functioning temple).

cristobela
Vice Captain

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:04 am
cristobela
Two verses come to mind:

• Revelation 11:1-2 (NIV)

11 I was given a reed like a measuring rod and was told, “Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, with its worshipers. 2 But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months.

Who are those gentiles? It could be the Ishmaelites/Arabs (as opposed to the Israelites and those grafted into Israel?).

And that conclusion reminds me of:

• 1 Thessalonians 5:3 (NIV)

3 While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

Perhaps thinking, "we've finally reached peace", not realizing the wrath they've provoked and then suddenly "attack and catastrophe" galore. However, this verse is referring to when Jesus returns in the clouds (what was described in chapter 4 of that same letter to the Thessalonians). Comparing that to Matthew 24, it does say, "Immediately after the distress of those days [...] Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven [...]" Matthew 24:29-30. I know the abomination that causes desolation, mentioned in verse 15, could be referring to the Maccabean period and that pig sacrifice to Zeus in the temple, but clearly Jesus didn't return then in the clouds, so whatever Jesus is referring to by "the abomination that causes desolation" in Matthew 24:15, immediately after which Jesus shows up in the clouds, must be something else. I'm excited though if His return is just a few years away (or less surprised ). Third temple needs to be edified A.S.A.P. though for Revelation 11:1-2 to even be a thing (altar, courtyards, limited access to an edified and functioning temple).

Also:

Zechariah 14:1-3

The Destroyers of Jerusalem Destroyed
Behold, a day is coming for the LORD when the spoil taken from you will be divided among you. For I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem to battle, and the city will be captured, the houses plundered, the women ravished and half of the city exiled, but the rest of the people will not be cut off from the city. Then the LORD will go forth and fight against those nations, as when He fights on a day of battle.

Zechariah 12:3

It will come about in that day that I will make Jerusalem a heavy stone for all the peoples; all who lift it will be severely injured. And all the nations of the earth will be gathered against it.

Zechariah 12:9

And in that day I will set about to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.  
News with a Christian perspective

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games