Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:38 pm
Quote:
“I am most certain that neither of you are listening to a single word I am saying right now.” Lotan grumbled good naturedly as he eyed the mares and their faux whispered conversation. “Nevertheless, I feel it necessary to point a few things out. Even if you choose to disregard them, which I am rather sure you will. The first being, that I have every confidence in you ladies, and your ability to defend yourself and evade true danger.”

He stomped one large hoof to emphasize the point, glancing over his companions before considering the other strong mares that had become dear friends. Ars was on the small side –though most of them were, at least compared to him- but a fierce kalona that could and would defend herself… as well as make any who dared threaten her deeply regret it. Aside from the winged feline and the odd Boneblossom mare that were currently pacing at his side, there was also Dyani, a dainty Flutter mare with a fierce will and spirit.

Quote:
“Now Tatyana, I am certain he did not mean it as it sounded.” Helle murmured, flicking her faunlike tail and adopting an expression of concentration. “Of course, it sounded like something of a dare, don’t you think Tatyana? Like he was saying that we certainly wouldn’t dare seek out a certain Lady, and tell her what mischief he has been up to. Which, I suppose is a valid point… After all, I have heard some rather daunting tales about her.”

Quote:
“Have you now, Helle?” Tatyana sidled closer, giving her best expression of keen interest and then shot another shark-like grin at Lota as though warning him to be very, very afraid. “I do wish you would share some, perhaps it will make the journey go by faster. Not to mention the added bonus of reminding Sir Lotan just exactly what is waiting for him should we decide to go forward and speak to the lady.”

Quote:
“I seem to be surrounded by strong, independent ladies.” He pointed out. “As is evidenced by the beautiful examples standing beside me, whether you choose to abuse me or not. Of course I have faith that you would be well, that you could handle yourselves and whatever dared to cross you. But that does not mean I want you to, as I would rather there was no need. Can you not understand why I would ask that you remain safe and away from all of that?”

Quote:
“See now, Tatya?” Helle nodded stoutly. “There he goes, explaining it. He really just wants the best for his friends, which one could argue is all that any of us want. At least, those of us that are good friends. It’s sweet, though a bit misguided. He should know that if he’s in trouble, we’re going to come stick our noses in. We can’t help but do otherwise. Still, I won’t argue against bringing Ars along, she’s certain to be helpful in such a situation.”

Quote:
Tatyana sighed, all ire draining away and her overall frame deflating a bit. “I know, I know… But still, I do so hate to wait on the sidelines for things to happen. It would be even worse if one of you needed help! Why would I just, sit? That’s not being a good friend, not productive or helpful or any sort of fun at all!”

Quote:
“It would be the last one that you were the most concerned about, I would wager.” Helle laughed. “Cat curious and prone to trouble, adventure and intrigue. Sitting back and watching things unfold would probably be the thing you were the absolute worst at, hmm?”

She pawed idly at the ground, white claws cutting into the earth for a moment. “Still, I think we can promise to stay out of the way unless things seem to be taking an ill turn. No unnecessary risk on either side, as we wouldn’t want you harmed due to our inaction any more than you would want us harmed due to our participation. While there is no ideal answer, at least this would resolve the matter in safety as well as us likely to all survive with selves and tempers intact.”

Quote:
Tatya flipped her ears forward and then back, bright ruby eyes narrowing thoughtfully as she listened to Lotan and then Hellebore. True enough their teasing of the stallion was all in fun, as they were more than used to his noble intentions and somewhat awkward executions. He had a good heart, the best of intentions, and wanted to keep them safe. It wasn’t quite wrapping them up in cloth and stuffing them into a nook, but it felt awfully close.

“Alright, alright.” She capitulated after Helle gave her a speaking look, grumbling and flicking her long feline tail to telegraph her annoyance. “No out and out fighting, no meddling. But, it there’s even a hint -and I mean the slightest hint, Lotan!- of matters getting out of paw, Helle and I will stick our noses in where we darn well please. And you will just have to be grateful, you understand?”

Hellebore Wordcount: 302

Tatyana Wordcount: 291

Lotan Wordcount: 258

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:51 pm
Lotan sighed, loudly and full of mock sorrow, amusement on his face as he eyed the two mares he stood above. "Here you go, putting words in my mouth, I have no doubt if it. Very well, I did step into it, and in broad daylight with eyes wide open. So, let me have it, why don't you?"

"It is very nice that you believe in us." Helle murmured in an agreeable tone. "I thank you for that, I truly do. But still, I think that the way you said that sounded far too much like a dare. Now I, for one, have no interest in accepting such things. Mostly."

"I might." Tatyana shrugged, smiling wide at Lotan. "I do love a good dare."

"I had heard that about you." Helle giggled, flicking her tail happily. "You know, rumor mill being what it is. Amacha likes to chatter, and she trades with Morien, and on and on. Usually she brings me something interesting along with a good story, so, it's always nice to see her. Not just for spying on you when you're not around."

"Unbelievable." Lotan murmured in a flat tone, flicking one of his tentacles to tap at Helle's ear. "A spy! Have you no shame, Hellebore?"

Hellebore Wordcount: 113  

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:45 pm
"I have shame!" Helle countered, stubborn and a little pouty as she attempted to evade the poke of one crimson arm. Lotan missed the first but landed on the second, her reflexes just a hair too slow to dodge the second tentacle that dated out. She didn't mind too much, the touch was light and glancing and her ears heavily furred, so the cool brush of the tentacle didn't register as more than pressure.

Of course, then she had a chance to reflect on what he said, and she frowned thoughtfully. "At least... a bit? I might, anyway."

"Probably not much." Tatya murmured. "Though truly, you rarely do anything that might require it, Sweetling."

The winged Cheshire drifted closer, curling her phantom-fading tail around Helle's crystal-decorated hind legs. "Nevermind it, he's trying to distract you."

Helle chuffed, pleased at Tatyana's support before she spun on the lone stallion with gleaming eyes. "Oh, she does have a point, doesn't she? Silly me, I'd almost let you distract me, too..."

"I? Do such a thing? Surely not." Lotan grinned.

"Mhmmm." Helle murmured in her best doubting tone, though she was smiling up at him.

"As for Sir Lotan, chivalrous though he may be, I am sure he knows better than to stand between the Lady Ars and danger. I have it on good authority that she handles her own very well indeed, and would be most put out at being separated from prey. Those that have earned her ire deserve the full weight of it, and not even Lotan should interfere with that."

The stallion winced theatrically, enjoying the soft laughter it garnered. "All joking aside, my friends, I am grateful to Ars for her friendship. I am also profoundly grateful to fate that I am considered a friend, and therefore spared her fury. But, having said that, any who do earn her ire? They will have to seek shelter far from me, I have no desire to stand between her when she is on a hunt."

Hellebore Wordcount: 215
(Total Wordcount: 328

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas