[PRP] To the North (Flidais and Eldrin) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:24 pm
Flidais smiled softly at the compliment, her eyes holding a soft, warm light to them as she listened to him speak. It had been a long while since she had last enjoyed company as much as she was currently enjoying his. Though she heard the confusion in his voice, the mare decided it was best not to press him on the matter. Some things were best left untouched, some things were best left to ponder on one's own, and it wasn't her place to pry into things.

"It always pleasant to meet another traveler who follows the heart." She returned his smile, her eyes closing momentarily as she gave herself a moment to think. "It is rare to find others who understand the call to constantly wander. Many believe that you must have destination in mind, but I find that tiring. It's more fun to go where you please, and you never know what you'll see when you do. I find travelling with a destination in mind clouds the experience... You may miss something wonderful if you focus too much on one place."

Emerald eyes lit up at his question, and she quickly dissuaded his worries. "Oh no, I'm quite content. The fire and your conversation are comfort enough. Your offer is sweet, though, thank you."

The mare observed him with patience, hoping that he would accept her offer to repay him for his kindness. Flidais perked up at the mention of a daughter, the memories of her own children bringing a smile to her face. Her own foals had grown now, off doing their own things in the great wide world, and she missed being a mother. She gave a nod of her head, curls bouncing with the movement. "I'd love to meet her. It has been a long while since I taught any children, and they are often enlightening in their own ways." Flidais made note of how Eldrin's disposition seemed to change as he spoke of his daughter... and she couldn't help the warm gaze that came over her. "You care for her very much," she spoke gently, "That's a wonderful quality. She is lucky to have a father such as you."

The mare gave a light laugh at his words, a playful look of her own resting on her features. "I hope the spirits don't pull as apart too quickly. I've never been one for teasing." Flidais relaxed a little more, feeling the pull of sleep at the edges of her mind. She shook the feeling off, wishing to converse with Eldrin for as long as she could. "That sounds wonderful. I would love to have such skills in case I happen to end up in a similar situation, minus your presence." She gave a small nod of her head. "I was, luckily, taught how to do so. Though it can take me quite a while to get one going, so you may know more than I do. Wouldn't that be quaint? The teacher becoming the student," she laughed lightly.

The mare noticed how Eldrin seemed to tire, and she felt the pull of her own exhaustion grow. The mare settled down to sleep for the night, humming gently. "I think, perhaps, the spirits are pulling me to sleep for the night. If you're to teach me how to survive in the mountains, rest seems to be in order. Though talking to you has been wonderful, I think we'd be far too tired if we stayed up much later." She curled in on herself, getting comfortable before closing her eyes, the hint of a warm smile on her lips. "Goodnight, Eldrin."

StrawberryRoseTea
I felt like this was getting a bit long, so in the next post I can set it up so Flidais can propose the whole herb hunting business c:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:08 am
User ImageEldrin noticed and appreciated when Flidais chose not to press him about his momentary confusion. He suffered from odd pangs of feeling and confused thoughts occasionally but it usually wasn’t more than just a nuisance. It was even more annoying when others acknowledged those moments and he had to try to make sense of his oddness to appease their curiosity. So for her choice to not question it he was eternally grateful.

He was, however, very pleased to hear that she found it pleasurable to meet a wanderer like herself. As she spoke of wandering without destination he nodded along in agreement.
“My wandering isn’t always fun but I do agree that going as you will when you will is very liberating. And sometimes you can find many wonderful things while wandering. This cave for example.” He gestured with his rack to the dwelling they were currently enjoying occupying. “I would never have found it had I been looking for something else.” He chuckled. “Though the cave itself seems to be fond of company at the rate that it keeps presenting itself to those that need it.”

When she turned down his offer for a mat he merely nodded. “If you change your mind feel free to just help yourself. My current home is your current home.” He found himself wanting to go to any length to ensure that she was comfortable. He didn’t want to be pushy though so he didn’t press the offer beyond that.

The buck’s heart felt lighter as she smiled warmly at the mention of his dear Aldora. A smile spreading across his lips as she not only agreed to meet with her but even seemed to be excited about the idea. He chuckled warmly at her compliment. “I’m not sure I’d call her lucky for having a wanderer as a father but I do love her very much. There’s almost nothing I wouldn’t give for her happiness.” While he wasn’t around her as often as he wished he could be Eldrin treasured every moment that he did spend with his ‘winged gift’. He was again struck by how perfectly the meaning of his daughter’s name suited her.

Eldrin couldn’t help but laugh about the idea of the spirits teasing them. He’d never thought about the forces of the world being playful like that. As she agreed to his teaching he found himself satisfied that she would stay with him for a little longer at least.
“Yes quite quaint.” He mumbled in agreement as sleep pulled at him. He had already half drifted off by the time she settled herself and bid him goodnight. He woke himself just enough things to return the sentiment, “Goodnight Flidais.” Before he drifted entirely off to dreamland.

When Eldrin woke the next morning it was early. It was still dark, not that that was much indication of the hour this time of year. It was usually dark. He lay in silence for a moment trying to discern what it was that had awoken him but was met with only the sound of Flidais’ sleeping breath and silence. Silence. The storm had broken! Eldrin rose gracefully and quietly not wanting to disturb he sleeping doe. He stirred the fire and added fuel so that she would wake to some warmth. Then he turned toward the mouth of the cave and wandered out into the predawn world.

The snow was nearly up to his belly and he had to force his way out of the entrance of the cave. This was going to be some day to learn about winter mountain survival. Struck with the thrill of unbroken snow glistening in the glow that was just beginning to lighten the sky, Eldrin couldn’t help but kick up his heels and run a small circle. There was always something satisfying about the world blanketed in white. He huffed a laugh at his own antics and turned back into the cave to find his guest and himself some breakfast. They were going to need it.

WC: 672

“HoneyTeaTree”

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff