Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Miscellaneous Threads
2017 Cosplay and Convention Plans Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 1:46 am
angelmage99
angelmage99
Convention Plans UPDATE!

RadCon- A local Sci-fi/Fantasy Con in February. Right now the plan is Sheimi from Blue Exorcist, Hanji Zoe from SNK/AOT, A Gryffindor Student, and Hungary from APH.

SakuraCon- Shiemi from Blue Exorcist, Hungary from Hetalia, Gryffindor Student, Puu from Rave Master/Fairy Tail

Anime Expo
- Hungary from Hetalia, Puu from Rave Master/Fairy Tail, Seri from K Project, and maybe a casual Rapunzel.

Kuroneko Con - What to try and swing this one, but no promises due to going to Anime Expo early in the month.

Kumori Con - Again I may go to this one, but no plans.

Central City Comic Con - If I don't go to Kumori Con.

Cosplay Plans
* Creation only, no previously made costumes.

Sheimi from Blue Exorcist - Done

Renge from OHSHC! - Have most of the fabric.

Gowther from Seven Deadly Sins - Don't know when.

Ice Queen Elsa from Frozen - Have all the fabric. Serger is out of commission and waiting for it to be fixed.

Anri from Durarara!! - need to fix the jacket.

Twilight Princess Zelda from The Legend of Zelda - This is happening because it'll at least be my Halloween costume. Have fabric for the dress and apron so far.

Kero from CCS- May make an appearance at Kuroneko Con, in Kigurumi form.

Yamuraiha from Magi - Partly done, but no plans for an appearance this year.

Seri from K Project- Appearing at Anime Expo with my sister as Shiro.

Angel, Wow that's a very busy schedule. I would Love to do photoshoots of a lot of your different Cosplays. I wish that we lived closer. Twilight Princess Zelda, Queen Elsa, Hungary from Hetalia, anyone from Fairy Tail. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:21 pm
KayaLing
Certain plans have changed for this year! Here's the update:
gaia_star Calgary Expo 2017 (CCEE 2017) - This comic convention has already happened, but I ended up getting a pass to go on the Friday. I was anime Noctis for it and POW! Parade Of Wonders. I also got to meet Moderately Okay Cosplay!
User Image

gaia_star Distant Worlds: Music From Final Fantasy - I'm still being anime Noctis.
gaia_star Otafest 2017 - I'm still being casual KH2 Sora for early pickup. On the Friday, I'm being anime Noctis for the Crossplay Pageant and maybe Master Riku when I see a KH panel. I'm not part of the KH panel, but I still want to be Riku for it. On the Saturday, I'm being high school Noctis. On the Sunday, I'm being KH2 Riku.
gaia_star Animethon 24: - I'm being female KH2 Riku (Rika) for early pickup. On the Friday, I'm being casual Zexion for KH panel. If panel doesn't happen, I'm being KH2 Riku. On the Saturday, I'm being Noct Gar (fishing Noctis). On the Sunday, I'm being Reno.
gaia_star Otafest Aurora 2017 - I'm thinking of doing a FFXV panel. If panel happens, I'm being anime Noctis. If not, backup plan is still up in the air.

I have another update for my 2017 convention status!

gaia_star Otafest 2017 --> It has now passed, but I wanted to fix a few things about my plans for it.
- Thursday: Casual Sora (KH2) wearing Nijuukoo's Sora shirt design
- Friday: Noctis (FFXV: Brotherhood); didn't do Crossplay Pageant because it had time conflict with Opening Ceremonies
- Saturday: teen/high shool Noctis (FFXV: Brotherhood); judge for Husbando panel
- Sunday: Riku (KH2); panel assistant for Male Idol panel and BL panel
gaia_star Animethon 24
- Thursday: female Riku aka Rika (KH2)
- Friday: Noct Gar (FFXV) or Rika (KH2) during day; possibly Camellia Gakupo (Vocaloid) in evening; KH panel isn't happening
- Saturday: Reno (FFVII); Cosplay Contest with my Cloud and Tifa
- Sunday: Noct Gar (FFXV) or Rika (KH2) or do half day for each
gaia_star Otafest Aurora 2017 - Convention isn't happening due to Otafest staff moving Otafest 2018 back to May Long Weekend, which gives them 10 months to plan for Otafest's 20th anniversary instead of a year.

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:31 pm
Isn't it about time for a 2018 thread? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:14 am
OnsenMark

Hi Onsen,

Feel free to start a 2018 Thread and add to it any and all info the our Guild Members would need to know about the con. Thanks.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:06 am
smithers456
OnsenMark

Hi Onsen,

Feel free to start a 2018 Thread and add to it any and all info the our Guild Members would need to know about the con. Thanks.

I can start a thread if I have the time, but it might not be for a few days, at least.(lol work).  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:33 pm
OnsenMark
smithers456
OnsenMark

Hi Onsen,

I can start a thread if I have the time, but it might not be for a few days, at least.(lol work).

That's fine take all the time that you need.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:39 pm
update for me, no longer flying over for sakuracon had an emergency come up.
Still doing anime expo as far as I know  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:35 pm
I'm staffing ROFCon this year; hopefully, I'll have the stuff I need for my Grape-kun cosplay beforehand. sweatdrop  

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
Miscellaneous Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash