Reply ashdown
[PRP] running back (kaleb & nasir) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:55 pm
That admission struck a chord, it was an echo of exactly how Kaleb felt approaching magical situations.

"I don't feel like it should be happening to me either," he said softly. "I'm not special, or changed in any way, or... deserving of anything. I'm just the same dull person I was before I came to Ashdown, it feels like this sort of uniqueness should have belonged to someone else. Like maybe it's just a mistake." As he spoke his shoulders slumped slightly, as though he wished it really had changed him.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:47 pm
Nasir reached forward, though it was slowly so that Kaleb knew it was coming, and put a hand on his shoulder. "You're kind of special though? I mean now? Probably before too but ..." His smile was lopsided because, well, he believed everyone was in some way.

"You got magic in you now and you're not alone. So, if you want to like practice or something, you could hang out with me? 'Cause this happened for a reason, I'm sure, we just have to figure it out."

Grey Dragon

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:28 pm
"I don't have anything to practice though," Kaleb admitted, in a tone that suggested he still might not be qualified for the 'special' title. Or for hanging out with cool people. He did think Nasir was pretty cool, and a super nice guy, and that sort of assessment always made Kaleb feel like he had to part ways before the depth of his insecurity became visible.

"Still... Thank you, for the offer," he finally added.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:31 pm
"You're welcome." That smile was still in place. "I still am learning the ropes myself, so ..." It never hurt to learn with someone else and practice.

Nasir looked at the time and then back to Kaleb. "Wait- am I keeping you from something? Studying? I can totally give you a ride if you want. I've got to drive back towards the campus so it's probably on the way." In case he was thinking it would put Nasir out of his way or something.

Grey Dragon

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:28 pm
"No, I wasn't doing anything in particular, I can study any time," Kaleb insisted quickly. He wasn't underestimating the statement either, when one lacked as many normal leisure activities as Kaleb did, it freed up a lot of time for accumulating knowledge.

Still, if he refused the ride it might seem a little rude, especially since Nasir had already said it was on the way. It would definitely be rude to say no and then ask for walking to the very same place... Kaleb was forced to agree to a very normal thing that very normal people did all the time.

"That would save me a bit of time, thank you," he replied meekly.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:30 pm
"It's the least I can do since you saved me from losing my wallet." Nasir smiled and moved to stand with a small stretch. "I'm just glad I can help in return, honestly."

It was true, Nasir would have felt really weird if he had not been able to do something. Though he at least understood that Kaleb was probably a little meek because he did not want to put anyone out of the way. "Just give me an address and I'll plug it into google maps and we can get going."

Grey Dragon

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:10 pm
Nasir had a genuine and friendly attitude about him, and it was easier than expected for Kaleb to follow his lead and accept the favour.

"Just the college would be good, or near the library, I can't get much reading done at home this time of day," he replied with a timid smile. That compromise would hopefully satisfy both of them, Kaleb would be dropped off in a good place, and Nasir wouldn't have to go too far out of his way to do it.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:57 pm
"The college is actually relatively close to my house, so I'll run you by there." Nasir was absolutely genuine because all he ever wanted to do was help. "I'm parked right outside here, so no having to traverse places to get to it."

He was smiling as he tilted his head towards the door that lead outside. Nasir was ready whenever Kaleb was.

Grey Dragon
we can fade away on your post and get another RP going for kaleb's quest if you want!

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:06 pm
Kaleb slipped off the bar stool, and gathered his bag closer to his body in a nervous gesture he wasn't even entirely aware of. There might have been no easy cure for his shyness, but at least this encounter would end on a positive note.

Without a word he followed Nasir's lead out of the restaurant.

azuredreams
Done! ^o^

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas