Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
Art Club ~ [[Open 2059-2060]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:01 pm
User Image
Finneas MacDavis- Grey
GryffindorFirst YearEleven Years OldSingle

Finn could hear the sound of people coming from the open doors to the Art Club, telling him all he needed to know: it was already starting. The First Year was a little concerned when his older cousin never put in an appearance for breakfast, and hoped everything was all right, as it wasn’t normal for Linsey not to be there when she could potentially be with the rest of the family for a meal. They’d agreed they would have at least one meal together as a family a day, whether in the Great Hall or in the Student Kitchens. Finn guessed it was as much for them to be together as family as it was to ensure Ella was eating her fill, as his younger cousin was still too small and waifish for her health.

The Young Lion didn’t think of himself as an artist, he certainly didn’t have the degree of talent his older cousin had; however, he liked the idea of having a club where he could easily spend a few hours building and painting his model soldiers without folks questioning the whys and what-fors of it. He also had a character for the Adventurers Guild he had the necessary bits and bobs to create a model of for the next time they had an encounter and the DM put out a map.

In his haversack, he had his acrylic model paints and brushes, along with a number of figures he glued together recently. He had the parts to build his character in a plastic baggie, with his model-building tools and glue in a small box, and Finn reckoned he could have the little fellow assembled, primed, base-coated, and maybe even inked before needing to pack it in or the day.

Walking in, he immediately spotted Linsey, she was hard to miss in her brightly coloured dress and high-heeled shoes, and Ella was with her. His younger cousin was dressed in dark colours and had her hair up, which was a different look for her, and Finn could tell she was having a hard time of it already. It didn’t help the kid with the camera sounded as though he’d been pounding Mountain Dews and Red Bulls all day.

Finn slid in behind his cousins, tapped Ella on one shoulder, and then said softly in her opposite ear, “Hey, you can hang with me, if you like, Ella.” With a finger he held up a set of noise-canceling headphones, and added, “Besides, there’s biscuits over there, an’ behold, I bring headphones te the party.”

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User ImageFloating free as a bird
Sixty foot leaps it's so absurd
From up here you should see the view
Such a lot of space for me and you

Oh you'd like it
Gliding around get your feet off the ground
Oh you'd like it
Do as you please with so much ease

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:08 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Art Room
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Linsey, Lewis, Sebastian, & Finn
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Art Club
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? So I'm not alone?

Ella felt her heart racing already. There were only a few people, but they were so loud! Her small hands reached up to cover her ears, a frown settled on her face. The door opened again and Ella contemplated making her silent exit. Unfortunately... or perhaps fortunately (she'd figure it out eventually), Linsey's her cousin walked into the room. Brown eyes watched him walk over behind her and Linsey, where he quietly offered her to hang out with him. He even had the quieting headphones Mother Hannah had bought her over the summer. With a small nod, Ella used her sleeve to wipe at tears she hadn't known had settled there. She gave Linsey's hand a squeeze, then followed the redhead a few steps away.

She put on the headphones, feeling a bit silly for needing them in school. Other kids didn't need headphones... wait. She glanced at the older boy (the one towering like a skyscraper), and noticed he also had a set of the headphones on his belt. So... she wasn't alone? But he was talking to other people! That was weird. Ella looked back toward Finn, before her attention was grabbed elsewhere. She carefully took his hand and led him over to a large dragon statue. There was so much detail! How cool. Maybe Ella could learn something similar.

{{Wearing :: New Dress}}
          Graydon Ironshield

Aɴᴅ ɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ɢʀᴏᴡɴ ᴜᴘ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜɪs ɴᴏᴛɪᴏɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙʟᴀᴍᴇ
          Aɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ sᴇᴇᴍ sᴏ sᴛʀᴏɴɢ sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs, ʙᴜᴛ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ sᴛɪʟʟ ғᴇᴇʟ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ
          As ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡʜᴏ sʜɪɴᴇᴅ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ʜɪs ʟᴀᴢʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴘᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ʜᴇʟʟ
          I ᴡɪsʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ, sᴛɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ɪᴍᴘʀᴇss ʜɪᴍ ʙᴜᴛ ʜᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ
          Oʜ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴀᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʜᴇ ᴄʀᴜsʜᴇᴅ ᴀʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs?
          Oʜ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴅʏɪɴɢ ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴᴛ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ
          Hᴇ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴏ ᴄᴏʟᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʜɪs ᴅᴀᴜɢʜᴛᴇʀ
          Bᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴠᴇɪɴs ᴀs ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀʀʀʏ ʜɪs ɴᴀᴍᴇ ᴛᴜʀɴs ᴛʜɪɴɴᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ
          Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ's ɴᴏᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴜʟᴛ. Iᴛ ᴡᴀs ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴜʟᴛ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:25 pm
User Image
Finneas MacDavis- Grey
GryffindorFirst YearEleven Years OldSingle

Finn felt badly for Ella, as he saw her wiping tears from her eyes with the sleeve of her sweater. He fished a packet of tissues from a pocket and passed it over to Ella, as she seemed to need them more than he. The headphones he brought for her would help her handle the chaos which came with the start of clubs, at least he hoped for her sake this was so.

Ella led him over to where the huge dragon sculpture was, and he couldn’t help but be impressed with the level of detail which had been put into it. Every individual scale had been fabricated, and he could see veins inside the membranes between the bones of the wings. “So, this is George,” he commented, as he marveled at the level of workmanship. “By the way, Els, you’re looking at a piece of the family’s stories. George was created by Aunt Hannah when she was taking Art classes here. This was her NEWT project, and it got her an Outstanding. If Linz were to activate the Charms on him, Ol’ George here will move around, fly and breathe fire. Not real fire, of course, its just an illusion, but still, it’d be pretty cool to see it, don’cha think?”

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User ImageFloating free as a bird
Sixty foot leaps it's so absurd
From up here you should see the view
Such a lot of space for me and you

Oh you'd like it
Gliding around get your feet off the ground
Oh you'd like it
Do as you please with so much ease

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:50 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Art Room
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Linsey, Lewis, Sebastian, & Finn
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Art Club
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? The dragon can breathe fire....

After situating her headphones and making sure the sound of the chattering boys had faded, Ella let loose a sigh. She was finally in a bit more of a comforting state. At least her family members seemed to have the forethought to bring a way to calm Ella back down. Once things were calmed, the girl led her cousin over to the dragon statue, where he spoke on it. Apparently it had been made by his aunt... in other terms, Ella's new Mother Hannah.

Mother Hannah had been the one to create the statue, aptly named "George", while she'd been in school. It was a project for her NEWT exams, meaning George had survived for a while. Ella tilted her head, regarding the statuette as Finn continued to say that if Linsey would do a bit of Charms work, the dragon would move, fly, and even breathe a false fire of sorts. Finn asked her if she thought it'd be cool to see the fire, the brunette shrugged. "I suppose so. I've never seen a statue breathe fire." She said with soft words, looking over at her younger -yet taller- cousin. Maybe he knew the charms too... well, probably not, since he said Linsey would have to set up the charms. Or maybe it was something like a family magic... That would be fascinating.

{{Wearing :: New Dress}}
          Graydon Ironshield

As ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡʜᴏ sʜɪɴᴇᴅ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ʜɪs ʟᴀᴢʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴘᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ʜᴇʟʟ
          I ᴡɪsʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ, sᴛɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ɪᴍᴘʀᴇss ʜɪᴍ ʙᴜᴛ ʜᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ
          Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ's ɴᴏᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴜʟᴛ. Iᴛ ᴡᴀs ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴜʟᴛ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:25 pm
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish
RavenclawSeventh YearSeventeen Years OldSingleHead Girl & Ravenclaw PrefectQuidditch CaptainArt & Culinary Club Captain

The Art Club had been a part of Linsey’s life at Hogwarts since the day she smuggled herself into Professor Hawthorne’s Third Year art class as a tiny First Year student. She couldn’t imagine what her life would have been without the club and all the friends she made along the way. It was here she had the freedom of finding new ways to express her passions, and she met such dear friends as Echo and Yari and Milan, and Daphne, and so many others; friends she’d looked up to and admired and wanted so much to be like. Last year it was her sincere hope to be equal to the trust Yari placed in her when she passed the club onto her; now, in her last year, she wanted to leave the club in a great place so Lewis could take it into the future. It seemed almost like destiny to have the son of the club’s founder be the next in line.

She coordinated with Lewis over the summer, discussing what they wanted to do with the club this year, and they divvied up tasks to get the opening of the club to succeed. She was happy to have the help of her friends, given how she was prepping two club openings simultaneously, and last year it about wiped her out physically to make it all happen. She had Ella’s help while she was making her share of the food for the Culinary Club and all the treats for the Art Club. There were batches of different varieties of cookies, brownies, and her homemade fudge to be made. An addition to her plan was making Vargabeles, a sweet Romanian noodle pie she hoped to surprise Ella, and perhaps Serghei, with. At some point, Linsey ended up snuggling with Blannat to take what she planned to be a nap, and it ended up being longer than that.

Her plan for the Art Club room was an exhibit of previous artists’ work, as this was to be a meet-and-greet to encourage new members to join, welcome old friends and provide a media oppourtunity for ‘the Daily Dragon’. She assembled a display showing pictures and copies of magazines, so folk would see the results of the adventure she and Ella had in New York City with Milan and Vera. It was important to Linsey that members new and old could see what could happen if they chased their dreams.

She would also have sample pages of two books she conceived for the club, the first being an artbook showing the work of current and previous club members, which she planned to have ready for mass-sale at the Club Carnivale at the end of the year. The second book was to kept in trust by the club, as it would serve as a record of the club, with a list of members past and present all the way back to Dris himself, along with samples of their art. In the case of both of the books, she was wanting folk to add their own touches, as the books were more about them than it would ever be about Linsey. Like the books for the Culinary Club these were intended to be her valentines and her way of thanking the club for everything it was to her.

Shortly before the doors were to be opened, Linsey found herself hurrying to get dressed and be ready to be the hostess to the party. She chose to wear one of the outfits she’d entered in the teen designer competition in New York, a long, slinky black dress which was inspired one night when she and Dad sat up one night and watched ‘Breakfast at Tiffany’s’, and Audrey Hepburn and her iconic fashions caught Linsey’s imagination, so much so she was frantically drawing out ideas while Dad was chuckling at her. It was that old school class, as she ostensibly was cosplaying her version of Holly Golightly, sans her cigarette holder, d’accord, which garnered the attention of the judges, and earned her a fair bit of attention. Finishing touches such as pinning her hair up in a sophisticated bun, and a pair of four inch high-heeled shoes completed the image she wished to convey.

Only when she realized there was nothing more she could do, Linsey breathed a sigh, and commented, “Well, it’s showtime.” She turned to look over at her faithful hound, who was stretched out on the large dog pillow which was placed there for him. “So, what do you think, boy? We good to go?” The big wolfhound gave a soft ‘woof’ in response. Linsey smiled, and said with a soft chuckle, “I’ll take that as a vote of confidence.” With that, she turned and went over to open the door and set the easel sign out in the hall.

OOC: The Art Club is officially open for the 2062-63 School Year
Username

User Image
                  "All my life I never really knew me till today
                  Now I know why, I'm just another step along the way

I lie awake for hours, I'm just waiting for the sun
                  When the journey we are making has begun
                  Don't deny the feeling that is stealing through your heart
                  Every happy ending needs to have a start

All my life I never really knew me till today
                  Now I know why, I'm just another step along the way "

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2024 12:44 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Art Room
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Linsey & Blannat
xxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Art Club
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? How could I forget my own art?

Lewis was excited for Art Club this year. Linsey had had a ton of exciting plans, and he was ready to help in any way possible. He even told his dad about the books she was making, one to compile all the previous member's work, and Dris took off. Apparently he'd saved a ton of stuff in one of Grandad's closets. They went along and boxed it up nicely, along with a letter from Dris detailing who made what. It was going to be the best gift ever!

At school, he was working hard on getting a project done before the club opening. He tended to have a one-track mind once he was working on projects. He was already covered in paint when his roommate offhandedly mentioned the time. Oh man, he was gonna be so screwed if he was late! Grabbing the box from his trunk, Lewis hurried off. It was a long run, but he ran it anyway. By the time he got to the art room, the box was half-covered in paint. "Hey Linz, I'm so sorry I was super late... well, almost. But I have a gift from my daaaaaa.... what are you wearing?"

He paused in his panic-speech when he noticed she was wearing a super fancy dress. "You look like you just stepped out of old, old Hollywood. Like. Marilyn Monroe times! It's really nice, Linz. I would've dressed up too, uh, if I knew we were supposed to." Lewis glanced at his outfit of a punny tee shirt and shorts, all just covered in paint. Oh right! He had a mission. Finding a free space on one of the tables, he set down the box and started to open. Inside was a letter from dad. "Let's see, it says... Dear Linsey, When I heard you were looking for art from previous members, I knew what to do! Here are some pieces made in the good ol’ days of Art Club, all by different members. Bla-bla-bla.... oh, and a list of all the pieces. Apparently my grandads never throw stuff out, since it's been in Dad's old closet since he was in school.

But here's a list of which pieces are which artists. He reached out and got everyone's permission too. Apparently he still really cares about the club."
                                                            Lewis laughed, knowing his dad frequently asked about the club and wanted to keep tabs on anything. "I think when you actually sell the books, he's probably going to be the first purchase. He's probably more excited than we are." Lewis laughed, then looked over toward his friend. Grabbing his pouch of paints from his backpack, Lewis sighed happily. He had..... forgotten to grab his own art. Oh well, he'd find something to paint on, right? Idle fingers started tracing over his arm, carefully manipulating the still-wet paint that was there as his eyes looked around the room for something to paint.

{{Wearing :: Paint Covered Everything}}
Graydon Ironshield

Sᴏ ʟᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴇʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ I ᴄᴀɴ ᴅᴏ ɪᴛ ᴀʟʟ, I'ʟʟ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴏɴ ᴀ ᴡɪʀᴇ~ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴅᴇsɪʀᴇ
Aɴᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ғʀᴀɴᴋ, I'ᴍ ᴄᴏᴏʟ ʟɪᴋᴇ Sɪɴᴀᴛʀᴀ! Tʜᴇ ᴋɪɴᴅ ᴏғ ɢᴜʏ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴅ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ʜᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴍᴀ
Tʀʏ ᴍᴇ ᴏᴜᴛ, I sᴡᴇᴀʀ I'ʟʟ ᴅᴇʟɪᴠᴇʀ~ sᴏᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ sᴇᴇ ɪɴ ᴍᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ ғᴜᴛᴜʀᴇ
Sᴏ ᴘᴀʏ ᴀᴛᴛᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴ, I'ᴠᴇ ᴘᴀɪᴅ ᴀʟʟ ᴍʏ ᴅᴜᴇs! I'ᴍ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ʟᴏᴏᴋɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ, ɴɪᴄᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ
Aʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɢᴜʏs ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴀʀᴇ sᴏ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇᴀʙʟᴇ ~ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴛᴀʟᴇɴᴛ, ʏᴇᴀʜ, ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴅᴇʙᴀᴛᴀʙʟᴇ
Tᴏss ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴇғᴛ, ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴇғᴛ ɪʀʀᴇᴘʟᴀᴄᴇᴀʙʟᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴘᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴍᴏɴᴇʏ ᴏɴ ᴍᴇ, I'ᴍ ʙᴀɴᴋᴀʙʟᴇ
Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴏᴜᴛ, I ɢᴜᴀʀᴀɴᴛᴇᴇ, ᴛʜᴀᴛ I'ʟʟ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴀʟʟ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ
Wʜᴀᴛ ᴀᴍ I ᴅᴏɪɴɢ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ, I'ᴠᴇ ᴡᴀɪᴛᴇᴅ ғᴀʀ ᴛᴏᴏ ʟᴏɴɢ, ʟᴏɴɢ! I'ʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʟᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʟᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏᴡɴ
Iғ ʏᴏᴜ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴀ ɢᴜʏ ᴀ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ! Hᴇ'ʟʟ ᴏɴʟʏ ʟᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴏɴʟʏ ʟᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏᴡɴ
Yᴏᴜ'ᴅ ʙᴇsᴛ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ I'ᴍ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟᴇᴀᴅɪɴɢ ᴍᴀɴ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:29 pm
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish
RavenclawSeventh YearSeventeen Years OldSingleHead Girl & Ravenclaw PrefectQuidditch CaptainArt & Culinary Club Captain

Linsey was about to open the room up when Lewis burst in, looking as though he’d just run the length of the castle to get there, she was about to tell him it was all right, until he reacted to what she was wearing. She pursed her lip in a vain attempt to keep from laughing good-naturedly as he asked her what she was wearing. “Marilyn Monroe? Well, you’re pretty close, actually I got the idea from Audrey Hepburn; oh my goodness, she was so pretty, and so glamourous. She owned any scene she was in,” she gushed, as she did a graceful pirouette so he could get an all-around look at the long black dress.

This is one of the outfits I created for the teen division of the huge summer fashion competition in New York City that Milan was kind enough to sponsor me for. Not only did I design and create it, I actually modelled it on the catwalk, which was so much fun. I also helped him out by modelling a couple of his creations he entered into the regular competition. There’s pictures on the table for folks to look at, so I guess that makes me part of today’s exhibit. I really want for members of the club to see what can happen when you follow your dreams. I just hope it photographs well for ‘the Daily Dragon."

Her curiosity was immediately piqued by the box Lewis brought, especially after mentioning it was a gift from his father. The Seventh Year’s bright blue eyes grew wide in anticipation and wonder as she saw the precious contents which lay within. She listened raptly as Lewis read the accompanying note. “Lewis, this is magnificent, better than I could have dreamt of. This is a treasure trove. I’ll be sure send back a thank you letter and a tin of cookies…If he wants to be the first to buy the book, I’d be honoured beyond words to be sure…but, we all have to autograph it for him, all of us; can’t be just me. All I am in this project is the curator.”

Username

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 10:26 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Art Room
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Linsey, Meallan, & Blannat
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Hey, there's the kiddo

Lewis nodded along as Linsey corrected him, saying she'd been going for Audrey Hepburn. That made a lot of sense, for sure. "Aaah, right. They were stars around the same time, right? My Papa Milo and Nan love those old movies. Either way, you look.... uhh..." He paused, thinking of the word. "Ethereal, that's it. You look lovely." He sent over a grin, wanting to paint this moment. At the very least, he hoped the Daily Dragon sent in a photographer, but that they focused on her. She looked like a movie star, he looked like a hobo that worked in a paint factory.

He grinned as Linsey said she had made the outfit herself, and that she wore it on the catwalk in NYC. "That's so cool!" She said she had brought pictures, so he hastily wiped his hands on his pants before carefully lifting them. "It looks so good under the lights. And... is that Ella? She looks like a princess. Did you make that dress too?" Honestly, Lewis was beyond shocked that the shy girl had done anything like that, but maybe she was coming more out of her shell than he knew.

Once his gift from Dad had been handed over, Lewis was glad that Linsey seemed so excited. "Yea, apparently he's kept up with the club for a long time. He was there at the carnival that Aria and Milan hosted. I think he spent more money than Mum anticipated, but that's fine. But I do know for sure he loves cookies... and macaroni and cheese. I got my love from him." He laughed, being pretty similar to his dad. Dark eyes looked over when he noticed someone at the door. Setting down the pictures once again, he switched to signing along with his words. "Hey Mea. Welcome in to Art Club. Linsey, this is my cousin, Meallan Heulwen. He's a really good painter, but he prefers watercolors."

Mea sent over a small grin toward the older two kids, signing as he spoke a little louder than most normal kids might. "Hi Linsey! I'm excited about art club. Uncle Dris used to own it, didja know that?" Lewis laughed, ruffing the preteen's already messy hair. He was glad that Mea found a nice place to be, even if he often had to take the role of translator.

{{Wearing :: Paint Covered Everything}}
Graydon Ironshield

Sᴏ ʟᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴇʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ I ᴄᴀɴ ᴅᴏ ɪᴛ ᴀʟʟ, I'ʟʟ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴏɴ ᴀ ᴡɪʀᴇ~ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴅᴇsɪʀᴇ
Sᴏ ᴘᴀʏ ᴀᴛᴛᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴ, I'ᴠᴇ ᴘᴀɪᴅ ᴀʟʟ ᴍʏ ᴅᴜᴇs! I'ᴍ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ʟᴏᴏᴋɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ, ɴɪᴄᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ
Aʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɢᴜʏs ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴀʀᴇ sᴏ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇᴀʙʟᴇ ~ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴛᴀʟᴇɴᴛ, ʏᴇᴀʜ, ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴅᴇʙᴀᴛᴀʙʟᴇ
Tᴏss ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴇғᴛ, ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴇғᴛ ɪʀʀᴇᴘʟᴀᴄᴇᴀʙʟᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴘᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴍᴏɴᴇʏ ᴏɴ ᴍᴇ, I'ᴍ ʙᴀɴᴋᴀʙʟᴇ
Wʜᴀᴛ ᴀᴍ I ᴅᴏɪɴɢ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ, I'ᴠᴇ ᴡᴀɪᴛᴇᴅ ғᴀʀ ᴛᴏᴏ ʟᴏɴɢ, ʟᴏɴɢ! I'ʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʟᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʟᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏᴡɴ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2024 8:42 pm
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish

Linsey smiled sweetly as Lewis complimented her, and she gave him a big hug, “You don’t know how much hearing that from you means to me,” she said to him. When he asked her if that was Ella in the pictures, Linsey nodded, and she confirmed, “It is. She’s always wanted a ‘princess dress’, and I had the chance to fulfill her wish. Also worked out the design for the tiara, after all, you can’t really call yourself a real princess unless you have the tiara to go with the dress. It was also one of the designs I submitted for the competition, garnered a fair bit of interest too. I was so proud of Ella for being brave enough to get up on the catwalk and walk along with me.”

I remember seeing him at the carnival,” she said, and then she listened as Lewis described how his dad had kept an eye on the club over the years, and spent perhaps more money than might have been planned for. She wondered if the other previous club captains did similar things as well. At the mention of cookies and then macaroni and cheese, she said with an appreciative smile, “Oh, I think I can handle making up a batch of my macaroni and cheese for him to go with the cookies. It’s the least I could do for him, after sending this absolute bounty of memories to curate. I'll warn you now, though, Finn and Freya will kill the entire batch between the two of them if I let them at home.”

Shortly afterwards, there was one of the first guests to arrive at the club opening, a young First Year whom she immediately recognized from the Sorting Feast, and made notes of. After being introduced to Meallan, she smiled, and said enthusiastically, “I remember you from the Sorting Feast. I’m definitely going to be interested in seeing your work…Yes, I did. In fact, we were just discussing him when you arrived. Heulwen? You wouldn’t happen to be related to Nora Heulwen, the Hogwarts Head Governor, would you?” Seeing Lewis signing, Linsey added, “Could you two show me how to do that?”

Username

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:35 am
User Image
Racheal Ross-Kinkade
HufflepuffFirst YearEleven Years OldSingle

Rey was walking along with Finn as they made their way towards the Art Club room. The little redhead was heartbroken to learn there were no art classes at Hogwarts, at least not until elective courses became available in Third Year, though this was leavened with the pleasure of learning she’d be spared the childhood vicissitudes of failing to climb ropes, injured hands from trying to catch softballs, and getting red rubber balls kicked into her face in a gym class. Art was her escape from all the realities of her life, and the sketchbooks filled with her drawings and doodles which she kept in her trunk were treasured keepsakes. While she coudn’t take an art class, there was an Art Club, run by Linsey, offering the redhaired waif a time and a place to indulge her artistic bent, and maybe make some friends.

The little redhead was wearing a comfy pair of jeans, and a warm shapeless gray sweatshirt gotten at a thrift store by her old foster family, while what supplies she had got tucked into her school bag. She was a little embarrassed by how meagre her art supplies were, and she wasn’t sure what she’d do if, no, when, she ran out of certain things.

Finn was a rather unusual duck, in that while he had some artistic talent, it leaned towards his model-building and painting, rather than the more usual drawing and painting. His interests in military history manifested in the creation of model soldiers and equipment, and he had a small army of pike-and-shotte Irish Montrose and Scottish gallowglass, who routinely squared off against British redcoats who sought to put down the Irish Rebellion. Finn was a member of the Adventurer’s Guild, and he enjoyed creating various fantasy characters for the games played. Finn was learning how to draw, but he was interested in historical illustrations, like the sort found in the old Osprey books he collected. As a result, some of his … fantasy characters he designed were reskinned historical characters, with the miniatures created from spare parts he kept.

The Second Year Gryffindor was wearing a brick red Gryffindor Quidditch hoodie over a simple Tee shirt and a pair of jeans and trainers, and he was carrying what was actually a large plastic tackle box, which held his modelling tools, glue, paints and brushes, as well as his current projects and spare model parts. After the incident at the train station, he took greater care to make sure Rey found her way around the school, and he escourted the little redhead up to the Art Club for its opening.

I hope this club works out for me,” said the little redhead, as they walked towards the still closed doors of the club room. It was her biggest fear that she wouldn’t find her place here either. Finn told her, in an easy, relaxed tone, “Don’t you worry none, Rey. This is Linz runnin’ things here, you’ll be fine. ‘Sides we’re all here, Linz, Ells an’ me, so it’s all good.”

OOC:
Username

User Image
                  "Precious and fragile things, need special handling
                  My God what have we done to you?

We always try to share, the tenderest of care
                  Now look what we have put you through

Things get damaged, things get broken
                  I thought we'd manage, but words left unspoken
                  Left us so brittle, there was so little left to give "

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:51 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Art Room
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Linsey, Meallan, & Blannat
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Hey, there's the kiddo

Lewis was more than happy to give his friend a hug. "Aw Linz, you should feel incredibly proud. You're a master of like... eleven art forms now. And they're all so grand!" He sent over a happy smile, listening as she explained Ella's outfit. Apparently the rather shy girl had a fantasy of being a princess. "That is adorable. She looks so happy up there. Right next to the coolest big sister, I'd imagine." He set down the picture with the girls again, thinking it really sweet that Linsey did that much work to fulfil the girl's dreams. "Actually... when's her birthday? I can probably paint her in this dress, but in the color of her voice. It's a beautiful color, Linz." He sometimes felt his only real talent was in his art, but he loved to gift it to anyone he could. It made the world a little bit better.

At the mention of Linsey having seen Dris at the carnival, Lewis nodded. "He's 6'8", he's real hard to miss. Unless he turns sideways, according to Papa Milo." He laughed at that, knowing that so far, he was following those exact footsteps on matching weak ankles. But then Linsey said she could make a batch of mac and cheese alongside her fancy cookies and Lewis' tummy grumbled. "Aha, sorry. I've been trained to do that at any mention of macaroni and cheese. Dad's the same way." He laughed at that, thinking it made perfect sense that anyone would happily gobble up the meal if left unattended. Any of the Abrams would do the same.

When Mea had joined, his big ol' green eyes focused mostly on Linsey. He was still very new to meeting people in such big settings, but she seemed like she was friends with Lewis. If so, that meant Mea could trust her for sure. She said she'd remembered him from the feast (which was amazing, because there were a zillion people there!), then that she was interested in his work. He reached into his backpack for his sketchpad, showing the most recent of his watercolor flower paintings.

"Yea! Nora's my Nain's name. My Mam Nani's Mam. She's real good at helping people get to school. She checked in on... um....Rey, I think? while me and Rosa were with our family. I think she's coming to stay with Nain over winter." He said, signing along as he spoke. "I'd be glad to teach you BSL. Brit's Sign Language. We learned for Mea, since he's got extra ears." Lewis sent a grin as Mea turned his head to show off his current pair of cochlear hearing aids. "I can also read lips real good. From across the room usually! It's how I function when my ears stop."

"Or when he turns 'em off just to be a pest." Lewis added, ruffling the messy brown hair once again. He was just glad that Linsey seemed keen to learn signing too. "It'd probably make Sierra's day to see more people signing too. And hey, maybe we can teach Ella for days she wants to be quiet." He paused when he noticed Rey and Finn walk in, sending over a small wave. "Oh hey! We were just talkin' about you, Rey! Well. 'Bout you and Nain... and Winter Holidays!" Meallan sent over a grin toward the redhead, hoping she was still planning to come hang out with their family. After all, Christmas at Nain's house was nothing short of fantastical.

{{Wearing :: Lewis || Meallan}}

Lewis - #E31230
Meallan - #FFA824
Graydon Ironshield

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:25 am
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Art Room
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Lots of Club Members
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Art Club Opening
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Why do so many people talk at me?

Ella had promised Linsey to join her at Art Club, especially since Finn and Rey would both be there as well. Plus Linsey had done a set up with pictures from their New York trip, which meant Ella had to be there too. What she hadn't expected was to be followed by Serghei, claiming he wanted to "see the sights". By this point, the younger girl was pretty convinced that the sight he wanted to see was a certain tall blonde. "Nu înțeleg de ce ești supărat, vreau să vin. Nu vrei să-mi fac prieteni?" He asked, his strong accent evident in the Romanian he spoke. It was significantly more normal for him... even if the whole buddy-buddy big brother thing was very new.

"Nu e asta. Pur și simplu nu-mi place să vorbesc cu nimeni. Ella's soft tones seemed almost sharpened by the harsh accent, but her volume was still quite soft. Serghei huffed.. or maybe it was a sigh. But either way, Ella subtly pulled loose the hairtie that Tàmhas had put there, letting her messy (and now slightly wavy) hair fall down around her shoulders and cover her gaze. She seemed to curl in on herself, which made the taller teen feel no shortage of guilt. Noting that she seemed to have used up all her social energy, he remained quiet for the rest of the walk, just calmly keeping pace with the girl and her tiny legs.

Ella walked to the art room, then stepped in and immediately walked to her sister's side. There were a few others already here, but most of them were younger. Lewis stiffened up a bit, glancing at the small brunette before looking over to the much taller brunette. Thankfully, Lewis was right on match with the older teen's height. "Buna ziua, Linsey. Thank you for having me here." If nothing else, the room was pretty cozy, even if one of the guys there was a mess with paint. Lewis was trying to get over the sharp, yet bloody red color invading his vision. Serghei, on the other hand, was focused on just about one thing in the room. "Oh Linsey, you look frumoasa. That dress is simply uimitoare." His voice was a little soft, not noticing Ella sighing softly.

Ella, it seemed, was doing her own task, looking over pictures on the table and carefully reorganizing them, putting those with only Linsey on top. "Hi Linsey, Finn, Lewis, and Rey. And also, forgive me, I'm not sure your name." Ella's soft tones of lavender blue gently curled over Lewis' eyes, one he was much more familiar with. He'd have to mix up the shade after they broke from conversation. "His name's Meallan. Sorry he didn't respond, sometimes quiet noises skip him. But I promise he's nice.

"Huh? What? Oh. Yes. Meallan Heulwen. I'm a first year Hufflepuff... also-and I'm a Deaf." Ella nodded along, watching both sign. The brunette sank down a bit, hiding next to her sister once more. It was really hard to be sociable multiple times a day. If anyone could, it was Linsey for sure. "Încântat de cunoştinţă. My name is Serghei Antonov. Seventh year Ravenclaw." Lewis extended a hand to shake, but Serghei glanced at the paint covered mess before he awkwardly retracted. "Oh, sorry. I was working on a project."

{{Wearing :: Ella || Serghei}}

{{Serghei 1 - "I don't understand why you're upset I want to come along. Don't you want me to make friends?"
          Ella 1 - "It's not that. I just don't like talking to anyone.
          Serghei 2 - "Nice to meet you..."}}

Ella - #5B92E5
          Serghei - #32CD32
          Graydon Ironshield

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash