Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:15 am
"I don't know either," said Pride. "I'm an artist, not a magician. Which... is probably why if you need to look into a different way to make this work, you're probably going to need a magician, or... I don't know, look into some substitution rites from other traditions."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:12 pm
"I can do that." She nodded. "'Cause I ain't killin' what 'mounts ta people jus' 'cause I ain't find another way. 'Sides, Zac told me there was a right lotta killin' already." While Preacher didn't have a problem with eliminating sources of trouble, she didn't want to off Sonny. Now a bird, she could probably do that.

"Ain't there a library 'round here?"

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:33 pm
"That's true," said Pride with a sigh.

He gave Preacher a look like he was confused. "Yeah, I guess so, but that's the Archives. You'd be able to find more and better information in a real-side library."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:48 pm
"Eeehhh," she said. "I thought a magiclike library would have what I needed. I dunno that good ol' Ashdown public lib would have anythin'. But I guess it ain't hurt ta look. 'Less you got a better librar in mind?"

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:54 pm
"It's not a magic library that way," said Pride. "It's... it holds the memories of things which have been attempted before. And if you go in there looking for one piece of information, you'll come out with three other pieces of information that don't link to the thing you're looking for at all. You might find Sunday, but she's useless."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:24 pm
"I mean, wouldn't it be good ta find out whatall people did afore? N' Sunday was alri'. She did tha whole thing wi' tha void so we could try n' fix s**t..." She paused. "Which I guess jus' means we lot came over ta ******** up your world. Sorry."

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:38 pm
"My world?" Pride laughed awkwardly. "You're in my world right now. I didn't change when the world did; I'm the same as I ever was, just without the ability to use magic."

He shrugged. "The things people did before failed," said Pride, "and knowing about the failures could affect your ability to cast the same thing and achieve success. So, I mean, it's your call."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:53 pm
"Ah, I thought it was kinda like 'know ya ********' history so you ain't repeat it'." She shrugged. "And sorry, mean universe, uh... B or somethin'. Y'know. Still ******** it right up."

"Does knowin' whatall s**t afore really ******** up m'chances to, well, not ******** it up?"

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:22 pm
Pride thought about this. "There's wisdom in that," said Pride. "But that's for not-magical things. See, a lot of magic is what you expect to happen. You have to know exactly what you want and somehow spell it out in your spell, and hold the information in mind. Old-style incantations spelled out exactly what they wanted to happen; that and the power of belief caused it to happen. They took forever, like almost entire days, and were almost never successful because you couldn't stop casting without breaking the chain of consequence.

"That was why the schema is such a big deal, you see? Usually, attempts to alter an entire world would fail because it's literally impossible to hold that much information in your mind at once, and casting and keeping every single global consequence in mind would be literal weeks of nonstop casting even with a group of thirteen... Impossible. It was unprecedented.

"But you have to be completely focused. If you're worried about a negative effect that you've read about before, then it's a really, really good chance that negative effect will be read into the spell. So, in the end... I guess my advice would be..." Pride rubbed his chin. "Read up on it if you want, if only to learn what went wrong, if the information's even provided there. But then make sure you counter whatever went wrong in a way you're confident with."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:21 am
"Do I... do I gotta have thirteen people ta help me ******** s**t? Is that a magicial number or some s**t?" Preacher wasn't sure she knew thirteen people. Plus, what if she could get maybe twenty-six or something?

"N' so I either gotta be confident off m'a**, or be knowledgeable to think through it all." She paused. "Mebbe I'm better off confidencin' m'way through." Magic was all bullshit anyway, so surely she could bullshit her way through it.

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:14 pm
Pride gave Preacher a Look. "You know, wikipedia is still a thing on the other side," he said, with some asperity. "Yes, thirteen is magical. It's the biggest prime magical number, actually. Two, three, seven, and thirteen. From there you get into composites. Twenty-six would be pretty ritualistically weak. You'd be better off with thirty-nine. Three thirteens, three threes, and a three in the number itself. So that's fourfold magical."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:31 pm
"Well, sorry fer bein' stupid as ********>. Whatever." Preacher knew she wasn't the brightest goddamn light bulb in the ******** package, but not everybody knew thirteen was some magical bullshit. She fell silent for a moment, clearly debating if she was mad enough to storm away (she was), or if she should stay.

"Want me ta bring ya some clothes n' s**t?"

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:10 pm
"Nah," said Pride. "I'd probably just vaporize them." He flopped backwards. "Thanks for the offer, though. And if you wanna come around and talk again, I'll be here-ish."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 5:22 am
"Sounds damn inconvenient." She snorted, trying to fall back into her normal good-natured self (hah) and shifted back into her mink form. Bullshit land didn't really chuck her back into regular old Ashdown while she was a mink, but she scurried a lot faster as the animal.

"A'ight. I always got lotsa questions about were s**t. Plus, ya could prob' do with checkin' up on, yerself. " And she was off.

shibrogane
ty c:

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items