Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply News and Important Thread Archive
Thirteen Years of Snagging

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

THIS. IS...what again?
  SNAGEM!
View Results

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:05 pm
User Image

Another year another birthday for ole Team Snagem! On March 28, 2004 our roleplay was founded on a forum, far far away (the former official Nintendo forum, NSider). While Snagem might be way different than its original format we have kept the same spirit alive that makes Snagem, Snagem. A focus on an engaging plot and an ever evolving story.

We have seen many people come and go. Numerous characters created and their stories told. Many stories told of varying severity to the world of Snagem. And a lot of fun has been had.

I like to think of Snagem as not so much as a roleplay, not a hobby, but a group of close friends creating a world for us all to enjoy together. Lots of us have been apart of this group for a majority of the years it has been around, and as such we have grown up with it. Even those who are newer than others have made a special place in Snagem and put a piece of themselves into it. Snagem does not exist on its own. Snagem is nothing without the people who make it what it is. We are all Snagem and Snagem is us.

There will come a day when the last post is made, the last story told. I don't know when that day will come, and some times I hope it never does even though that an end is always inevitable, however until that days come we will all nurture and watch Snagem grow. Bit by bit we will contribute more and more to this world we have created, open up new doors for us to travel through, to escape to a place like no other.

We are Snagems, this will always remain true for us. A Snagem does what they want. A Snagem sees the world through their eyes and no others. We are Snagems, and this is our world to snag.

This, is Snagem.

-----

[Challenges and the Like]

History Challenge!

A lot of us have been here for a long time, our characters holding histories that reach back years. As such there is probably a lot of details about your character no one knows about anymore, why don't we fix that in celebration of the team's anniversary? Write a summary of your character's complete Snagem history, it can be of any length and detail that you wish. Snag Tickets will be rewarded based on length and detail. All historical summaries will eventually be included in a thread detailing the guild's history.

Give Back to Snagem: Make a Mission!

Come on, it's the team's birthday! Why don't you give back to her? Try making a mission for her as a gift! Simple, just...make a mission, post it here, and wait for it to be approved and posted to the Mission Locker. Everyone who does receives Snag Tickets based on how good it is.

???

Coming soon. (Tonight, hopefully.)

-----

[Anniversary Mission]

A Group of Failures

Well this is interesting. Do you remember the Pyre Cult? Team Rose? The Stone Society? Team Samurai? What about Team Eolith? A certain Absol? Well guess what, they, and others (that you can think of, non-main series canon) are back! Kind of. Numerous enemies (and one formerly 'ally') have banded together in order to topple Snagem once and for all. For years they gathered together and in some crazy region I've never heard of, some place where there are almost nothing but hybrids? I don't know, sounds made up to me so take it with a grain of salt. Either way, they have formed a group they dubbed Team Snag Back, funny huh?

Team Snag Back has fused together the various mantras and creeds of the losers that make it up. Their leader, the Absol we used to loan people out (I'm not kidding) found an old half eaten Rainbow Pokeblock in our sewage system and can now speak very broken English. Apparently years of being loaned out has made him an evil tyrant, the group a sort of semi-religious eco-friendly cult of personality around him with a focus on accumulating valuable minerals (while wearing a weird fusion of medieval Japanese wear and futuristic style garb). Who knows what else they believe.

Together they were able to find a small Zapdos Heart and a damaged Chi Converter. I don't know what they are planning to do with the Zapdos Heart and Chi Converter (provided it works), any target or plan could be thought of considering everyone in that group. All I know is they are planning something to get back at Team Snagem. While I don't think they are too much a threat we can never be too careful. Find out what Team Snag Back is up to and stop them.

-Objective:
---Stop Team Snag Back from getting their revenge on Team Snagem.

-Opposition:
---Team Snag Back grunts of various kinds. Highly religious Fire users. Hyper eco-minded Grass type using ladies. Stone fanatics that mostly use Pokemon from outer space. Ninja parodying teens with various Poison and Bug types. And even scientists obsessed with archeological finds that use Ground and Rock types. And more. (If you remember other old 'teams' and groups, throw them in too. Non-main series canon.)

---Various iconic members of the groups that make up Team Snag Back. Bonus points for remembering them!

---Supreme Leader of Team Snag Back, Seer of Tomorrow and Angel of Light, Absolius...an Absol that can sort of talk. I think he can Mega Evolve...kind of, it ain't perfect.

-Pokemon: You may snag any first stage unevolved Pokemon of any type of kind that reflects one of the teams/groups that make up Team Snag Back.

-Rewards:
---Snag Tickets of various amounts based off of content.
---Snag Emblem highly likely.

-Note: This mission is intended to be funny and be used as a trip down memory lane. You don't have to show all the old teams listed, especially if you don't remember them. You can even throw in old characters that are no longer used anymore, anything to make it more humorous and enjoyable. Have fun with it!

-----
[The Snag Raffle]

For the celebration period of Snagem's anniversary we will be having a raffle. As you might have noticed you can earn Snag Tickets in various ways in this thread. The tickets can be used to enter the raffle to win the following item. Depending on entrants several raffles may be held. Drawing starts no later than April 14th.

Current Raffle Prize:

One Mega Stone of Choice

or

One Z-Crystal of Choice

[More Ways to Get Snag Tickets]

Every now and then I'll hide Snag Tickets through the guild to find or give you guys a puzzle or some other way to earn tickets. Be on the look out for those. From now and until April 14th all Team Missions and solo missions will reward Snag Tickets in addition to their normal rewards. Those who make at least five posts of substance in the guild a day also receive a Snag Ticket for that day.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:34 pm
A Safari Hunt

About a week or so ago while checking off the amount of coffee we wanted to purchase this month for the rec room, someone may have added an extra zero in the amount of pounds we ordered. This is where you come in! Since we're a little strapped for cash, we've taken to lancing (read: selling out) our skills to help a client from Saffron City in hunting down and catching a strong trophy Pokemon for them in the Fuschia Safari Zone. It's up to you to guide and protect an otherwise useless and defenseless dentist.

But there are a few complications.

The client in mind has a few rival dentists who are all trying to one up each other for the yearly dentistry convention. It's a real thing. You're going to need to sabotage the other competitors (who have no doubt hired muscle to do the same thing as you) while ensuring the client who's hiring us manages to catch something really impressive.

On the other hand, you may feel the need to help prevent the disruption of the Safari Zone's ecosystem if you feel like taking a smaller paycheck. I'm sure the warden of the Safari Zone Baoba and the Fuschia Gym Leader Janine will be more than willing to compensate us for helping to keep the local Pokemon out of harm's way.

Objective:
--- Help the client catch a powerful: Kangaskhan, Tauros, Dragonair, or Chansey.
--- Keep similar Pokemon out of four other dentist's hands by any means neccesary.
OR
--- Prevent any capture of rare Pokemon by the five dentists. Though be warned: they may try to gang up on you.
---Optional: Catch an older but very aggresive Scyther to return to Baoba.
Opposition: 
--- 4 mercenaries if you help the client and 5 if you don't, who each use about 3 primarily Rock, Ground, Dark, and Fighting types such as Graveler, Houndoom, Machoke, and Nidorino and Nidorina.
--- If you help the client, you'll be tracked down by a Gym Trainer who thinks they can stop you. They use a Venomoth, a Koffing, and a Hypno.
--- Any Safari Zone Pokemon who you so much as look at funny.
--- You're guarenteed to be attacked by an older Scyther who Baoba has named the raptor of the plains. She likes to stalk the fields and attack any trainer in sight, using a combination of Fury Cutter and a Metronome which she found lying around.
--- Any small time trainers who think you're getting in their way of being the very best. They use mainly 2 Pokemon of the Normal and Poison types. Rattata, Spearow, Nidoran, Venonat, etc.

Pokemon:
--- You may snag or catch one Pokemon but no keeping the Scyther.

Rewards:
Helping the client:
--- 8 Snag Coins.
Stopping the dentists:
--- 2 Snag Coins, and if you capture and return the Scyther a choice between a Leaf Stone or a Sunny Day TM.  

Tsuki the Fated Wind

Predestined Winner

7,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Explorer 100

RCCaughtem

Interesting Guildsman

5,200 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Married 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:00 pm
13 Years of Snagem. And as of writing this, 13 Years as a Snagem. I've seen it all. All our sucesses and failures, our moments of great unity and our moments of almost falling apart at the seams. I have been through it all. New member, rocket up the ranks to become a Co-Leader that inspired many. Falling slowly down the ranks of Leadership until I was a normal member. Watching my character grow, change, restart and change more. Watch my new character arrive and go through several revisions. A gaining of friends, a loss of others. I have lived and seen it all as a Snagem. Snagem went from a group of people, to friends, to family.

Here's to many more of these along this long and twisting path.

THIS.IS.SNAGEM! LIVE FREE AND SNAG HARD!  
News and Important Thread Archive

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games