[ORP] Hope in the air (NOBLES) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:44 pm
    Shiloh looked as if he had more to say, but Melany was moving. The tone of her voice cut him deeply, embedded into his chest like jagged steel poles, and he braced for it. He waited for the swift slap, the punch, the beat down—it was only belatedly that he remembered she couldn't harm him, not while he was a part of her Court, but it didn't matter in the moment. Instead she spoke again, clearly, enunciated each syllable.

Mercy.

"M-Madame I—thank you, I—" Beel's long fingers dug into his shoulder sharply and it stopped him, his voice catching in his throat. Jeremiah was the one who spoke next, and Shiloh watched as he went to Alexis' side with ill ease.

This entire meeting had transformed into a train wreck, but no one had died. He wondered if that was truly a pro or not. He watched the exchanges met around the Court, Melany's final words, and then her inevitable pass out back into the girl who was nothing like the Spinel Lady.

His chest hurt. Between this and the information on the paper and Lady's tear streaked face and Rabbit in all his despair and Alexis, poor ******** Alexis, stripped of their powers—and Ezra with his voice cracking, and—

"Shiloh." Beel shook him a little.

"I-I," He shook his head, "R-Right, yeah." He righted himself as Hart departed with Melany. He made a conscious choice to stay away from her. He wanted more than ever to reach out again.

What was the Spinel Lady's goals? Why was she willing to listen? Why did she relinquish her control the way she did to return back home? Vessel left a sour taste in his mouth.

"One thing at a time..." He was murmuring more or less to himself. Beel of course heard, anyone within his earshot would. "I want to see this Court made right, but I want Melany to be alright first."

Beel nodded, "I know..." Something about the timbre of his voice was... sad. Upset.

Shiloh sensed it.

"Thank you," He told his fetch, "For handling yourself the way you did."

Beel was silent.

"I want to help you too, you know." He told him quietly, "I can't help you reclaim your humanity, you know. That's something mental." He tapped his own head, "But if I can get you back your skin, then I will."

The fetch dipped his head.

"I guess this meeting is... over." He sighed, shoulders slumping, frame heavy. He went to fix the mourning veil back in his hair, appreciating the window it blocked for his eyes. "Unless anyone has any other questions. I think we can at least agree to hold future gatherings not at Court." He paused, "But uh... I won't blame you if you don't want to come." He was only trying to include the tithes and the fetches. He supposed he saw how well that went.

When Mercer spoke to him, he regarded him... in a rather stoic way, his posture deflated like a balloon absent of air. "Mercer. I hope you can excuse me for a moment." His head dipped. He was obviously so, so, so tired. "I, um." He rubbed at his eye underneath his veil. "Sorry." He needed a moment of respite, a place to breathe, something. He felt weak running off like this, but...

"Lord Mercer, Shiloh is tired." Beel said swiftly as he cut in, "I'm sure you can find room to talk later." He nudged his patron and Shiloh only nodded. "There's quite a bit on his mind."

Shiloh did take a moment to address Silk however, "I'm sorry it turned out to be more of a mess," he said quietly, "But thank you for your insights. Mercer, I'll speak with you later about, about..." He sighed, hand clenching the charter, the fingerprint results.

There was a lot to think about.

shibrogane

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE

daekie

cibarium

The Semblance of Unity

Smerdle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:51 pm
"Find whatever respite you can," Jeremiah replied. "I don't expect to converse about any of this now." Gather our wits. A nod was given before he let out a breath after glancing to the finger print results. "We'll speak later."

There was no judging at all, nothing but wanting the young man to find whatever rest he could.

"Lord Bennett," he called to Rabbit, "I would like to speak with your tithe." Then to Temperance, as he was clearly respecting Rabbit as her patron. "There are things about your fetch that you need to be made aware of." There was a brief pause. "It would be a private discussion."

It honestly required privacy.

shibrogane

Melancholies

iloveyouDIE

Daekie

The Semblance of Unity

cibarium

Smerdle

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:06 am
He caught Melany's transformation in his periphery, the proof that she was an innocent girl underneath not doing a lot for his mood at the moment.

"I'm fine," he whispered back, smiling a smile that touched no other part of his face. He pat at Temperance's hand on his shoulder like an awkward child with his first pet. "Thank you." Rabbit rose smoothly, inclining his head at Jeremiah.

"Please do. Just make sure she gets back safe. And... take care of Alexis." He had said he'd rather be without power entirely than keep up the killing and torture, but he hadn't meant for it to go like that. Stolen, without reluctant permission or warning. Well, much warning.

And then Rabbit left the room at a near glide, magic steadying his steps. He ignored everyone else who had come. Even Ezra. And especially the fetches.

azuredreams
Daekie
The Semblance of Unity
erryone else
sad dad loves you

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:56 am
It took a very long time for Alexis to respond to anything -- they were listening and watching, very passively, but a few times they opened their mouth and closed it again. "...Sorry," they eventually said, very quietly -- it was hard to tell if it was aimed at Jeremiah or Rabbit or Shiloh, and they watched Rabbit go with half-lidded eyes.

They felt sorry for Melany, they thought. Whatever girl was under that glamour of the Lady. Some version of them, a very long time ago, had done this to her - had been complicit - and they didn't understand why people acted like it hadn't been them. A lack of memories or knowledge didn't preclude you from consequences. Just because they weren't the them native to this universe didn't mean it mattered, after all.

Their fingers canted up, delicately, and held Jeremiah's there on their shoulder; and then they were quiet and still again. If Temperance, if Jeremiah -- if anyone asked them to leave, they'd leave, they'd find their way home somehow, but -- they didn't want to go alone. Not yet.

azuredreams

all yall

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:43 am
Rabbit was clearly not fine, but didn't he always lie about it? She watched him go, rising as well. Then she turned to Jeremiah and Alexis. It was strange how much smaller Alexis seemed without their fierce appearance.

"Do you want to see Alexis home? I can wait somewhere around here for you to return?" She frankly had no idea what he wanted to talk about, but it made her palms itch. And she wasn't sure she wanted to have whatever this conversation would be with Alexis present.

azuredreams
daekie
smerdle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:41 pm
"We can speak of it later in private," Jeremiah replied, blinking when he felt fingers around his. His gaze fell to Alexis then, something nameless twisting in his gut. His fingers were cool but without thinking turned and gave Alexis's a slight squeeze back before he looked back to Temperance. "While I can get Alexis home immediately, I may have to speak with Nasir and Wil about this."

Alexis was not in a good shape and despondent. It was possibly the worst shape he had seen them in in a long time.

"They'll be taken care of," he said towards Rabbit and watched the other Noble glide away. His own attention flicked to Fell but it was a quick glance and nothing more.

The Semblance of Unity

Daekie

Smerdle

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:04 pm
Alg watched the goings on silently, face set into a distressed frown. He wasn't much help in the way of getting people home but at this point he was used to Jeremiah's popping in and out with a thought.

He drifted to his husband's side, gave Alexis a concerned glance, and found Jeremiah's free hand with his own. Their fingers linked and squeezed and when they met eyes a mental message passed to his husband, as well as a swell of affection through their linked hands, "Do what you need to. I'll see you at home."

The professor then gave both the Mercer fetches a glance a nod and made his way out.

azuredreams

errybody else still around

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:47 am
"Alright. Where do you want me to wait, then?" Or at least that's what she thought he was suggesting. She could... probably find a book somewhere. Maybe.

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:59 pm
Jeremiah's fingers squeezed Algie's back and, for once, there seemed to be things muted from the silver-haired man himself. As if he was keeping things tightly reined in. "I'll be home as soon as I can," he responded back in kind mentally. Perhaps that was, of all things, the most useful thing they had discovered.

A mental communication.

He watched as Algie let go and leave, his gaze flicking back to Temperance once he was no longer in sight. "If you are not opposed, Fell and Adze can lead you to our demesne. If not, I can meet you in one of the open gardens within the Court. I do not wish to intrude upon Lord Vaughn's domain without his permission."

... and he had already left. Jeremiah's fingers squeezed Alexis's again, eyes cutting to them and looking them over. "I'm taking you back home, alright?"

iloveyouDIE

The Semblance of Unity

Daekie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:35 am
Temperance's eyes flickered to Fell and Adze. "I will wait in the northern garden, then." She wanted to talk to Shiloh again, too, but perhaps it was best to simply leave. She nodded, then, skirt whirling around her, turned and made her way out of Shiloh's demesne.

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:05 am
Alexis murmured a quiet noise of consent, eyes cast down to the ground; it was clear they'd heard Jeremiah and agreed with him, but anything further was up to debate, and they seemed unlikely to clarify. But their fingers stayed clasped over his, gentle; and maybe that was enough.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:45 pm
Jeremiah gave a short nod to Temperance, glanced once more around the room, then made sure his fingers were clasped by Alexis and in a blink was gone with them.

He would be back but only after he delivered Alexis to somewhere safe.

Daekie
ur RP start is coming

The Semblance of Unity
u got urs already, lol

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
ashdown