Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[prp] where oh where has my little bug gone (leila + horace) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:48 am
"Biscuit and Nugget," he mused. Then, after a moment, he spoke. "Want me to help look? I've good eyes as long as I keep my glasses on." Horace smiled a little.

"I'm pretty sure you'd know if something dire had happened. You'd feel it." He didn't know that, but it sounded plausible and magical. "Wait, can you do the look through eyes thing to see where they are?"

cibarium

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:47 pm
"Technically," Leila answered. "But I don't think either of us were anticipating a situation like this, and things between us were already shaky because of the alternative universe business." She shook her head. "I haven't been able to see anything yet," she admitted. "So I'm not sure if I need help or a break."

She sort of hated having to take breaks sometimes.

the semblance of unity

cibarium
Crew

Noob

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:03 pm
"Ah, yeah, aliens." Horace nodded. He wasn't sure entirely what to say to that, but still.

"Maybe a break would be good? If you get too exhausted, it'll be even harder to try finding them. Enlist other people... can you put up flyers here - would that work?"

cibarium

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:18 pm
Instead of answering to those ideas, Leila squinted and shook her head. "No, I mean a break from thinking about it at all." She sighed harshly, and her shoulders hiked up as she sagged down with her palms against the seat of the bench. "Sorry. Not really in the mood to take suggestions, I guess. The nap was a good idea, though."

the semblance of unity

cibarium
Crew

Noob

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:25 pm
Horace studied Leila for a moment, almost shivering against the cool wind of this alternate Ashdown. His own bond with Nugget wasn't terribly strong yet, but he would still be sad if the little bat had gone missing. He couldn't imagine how it felt to Leila. If he'd been into touching, he might have awkwardly patted Leila's shoulder.

...Perhaps it was best he was touch-averse.

"There's a mental exhaustion, too. Naps are great as long as you aren't the type to wake up angry after. I sometimes am." He drummed his fingers along the bench. "If you want to head home, I am look for a door for you?"

cibarium

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:36 pm
"I meant your nap," Leila clarified with a little sniff. "I mean -- yeah, I could probably use one, but... here's the thing." Her hands lifted in a broad gesture, which she stared through for a second before looking at Horace again.

"Maybe I'm wrong on this count, but I think magic only does a little of the work," she said. "It puts the possibility there. You and Nugget are doing the rest. But it can be hard to think about what you're doing together at the same time, so... might as well do nothing to start out with, right?"

That probably made no sense.

the semblance of unity

cibarium
Crew

Noob

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:32 am
"Oh," he said. His nap.

He looked at Nugget. "I mean, I guess you're right. Like it takes a while to bond with regular kinds of pets, too. Though Nugget already clings to me a lot." Just as clingy as his human, Horace thought wryly. "Maybe I should stop... trying so hard? I dunno." He shrugged and glanced over at Leila. She was keeping it surprisingly together for missing her own little animal buddy.

cibarium

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:31 pm
Leila smiled a bit, and shrugged. < Beats me. > Then she blinked a couple times and said, "Didn't mean to send that. Sorry, I'm a psychic hazard."

the semblance of unity

cibarium
Crew

Noob

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:48 pm
Horace blinked several times.

cibarium

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:11 pm
< !!!!!!!! holy s**t !!!!!! >

New.

Psychic.

Friend.

the semblance of unity

cibarium
Crew

Noob

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:20 pm
< I just started doing this.> "But I don't think I can do long sentences or anything. And sometimes, I don't know if people hear me." He paused. "Oh god, what if they do hear me?"

cibarium

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:40 pm
"They might not have noticed...?" Leila offered unhelpfully. She didn't sound very convincing. "I've had psychic powers for almost a year and they still don't make total sense to me, so I can't really say. Just don't go around sexting people with your brain."

Unless they consented to being mind-sexted. That was a thing.

the semblance of unity

cibarium
Crew

Noob

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:54 pm
"I definitely thought about someone's a** at them. Ugh." Horace the tortured soul. "But I don't know if it was-"

cibarium

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:07 pm
Leila had an amused and exasperated look on her face.

< I have too much experience on this exact topic, > she confessed. There was a sincere if overly humbled overtone in the message. But she couldn't leave Horace hanging, and so, with a moment of careful thought, she prepared herself to enlighten her friend as best she could on the finer points of psychic a** observation: when to tell if they got the message and what to do about it if it was unwarranted and unintentional. "And from what I've learned, the first thing to keep in mind is

the semblance of unity
ftb :3

cibarium
Crew

Noob

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items