azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:44 pm
Jeremiah's lips twitched, though just slightly. "It wasn't the magic that changed me, Wil. That was a person with magic. I could have resisted, of course, I could have fought back, but then there would have been a chance you'd be speaking with someone who definitely is not me. Unless you're going to go the path of Nobility, I would never be concerned that magic is going to change you."

He let out a breath before sighing, shaking his head at Wil. Venting he could understand but it was in his nature to try and fix things. This was not, of course, something to fix. Venting.

"Burying your head can lead to worse results, Wil. Not always but there are the rare instances where things go haywire because you've pushed them aside. This magic we have, it doesn't always like to be ignored. It can make itself known." Then he was quiet of course, lips pressed together into a thin frown.

"An entire world is gone, people I loved and cared for ceased to be and replaced by people who are them but not quite. This is what waits for me, for Alg, for any of us who are Nobles and will meet the next cycle if we don't put an end to this." It wasn't an answer to his question but it was not one easy to answer.

"Happiness in all of this is not easy to come by," he finally said, "but I find it sometimes. Mostly it's ..." A sigh. "Hope. I live on hope. Hope and my husband." Perhaps that was telling about Jeremiah in a way, a reveal of a softer underbelly, but it was there all the same.

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:42 am
"So that was a lot of words for a 'No'," Wil blinked. He was hearing Jeremiah and he wasn't being difficult but he didn't absorb overly verbose speeches very well and Jeremiah had a tendency to give too much information at once.. at least for the blonde.

He wasn't looking for information. Just specific answers for specific questions.

"I haven't given up on staying happy just yet," He specified, "Because happiness and hope can go hand in hand you know, not just Hoping to Be Happy."

The young man gathered Bud up who had turned into a bit of a limp sleepy noodle after running around a while and warg practice. He held him like a baby and petted him.

"And Nasir's happy too. And that's what's important. You said if we got involved it would be bad, but then we got involved and now you are saying that's bad too," He looked back at Jeremiah and then simply shook his head.

"You're worrying about the world. Maybe that's why you aren't happy. I'm just worrying about me and Nasir," He seemed to stand slowly, always taller than he seemed to be when he stretched, until he sunk back into a hunch like the slinky he was. "Just do me a favor and watch out for him at that meeting..?"

Wil, lacking the reassurance or real answers he wanted, seemed to be done with the serious discussion.
azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:23 pm
"It's a complicated subject, so it tends to make me very wordy." Jeremiah looked at Wil a moment and then shook his head. "I could explain, as it's not hoping to be happy," it was, in fact, two different things, "but I'll spare you and break it down that: my happiness is Alg."

It was the easiest way to explain it.

Then he was giving Wil a perplexing stare because of 'if we got involved it would be bad and then they got involved and it was bad'. How was that-

Jeremiah did not want to explain it. Not in the slightest. Not to someone like Wil who was sleepy and while astute, did not necessarily understand all that well. He wanted happiness with Algie. He wanted to be able to go home and not worry that things would suddenly end, he wanted lazy weekends, he wanted to just exist with his husband.

Instead, he dealt with things like this and fought hard for the moments of happiness.

"If you want to continue to be happy, for Nasir to be happy, stay on the outskirts. Don't get drawn in." A breath escaped. "I'll keep an eye out for him at the meeting. If things go haywire, though I doubt they will, I will get him out immediately."

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:16 am
"It wasn't our choice to get drawn in, at least I didn't choose being magic.." And he still thought it was a fluke considering. Though the evidence of him being here, of him being able to connect with Bud, were irrefutable.

Wil recognized the feeling that his happiness was tied with his husband's but Wil and Nasir's was more than that. They were pretty happy with life, not defined by each other but with eachother. There was happiness to go around. He was a little sorry the Chief didn't have that.

"So is the Professor happy?" Wil's brows lifted curiously, lips curling slightly but then he shook his head again as if it were an invasive question and that the other didn't need to answer.

"Forget it. Thanks though.." He then seemed to simply stop, look around, and fall into some sort of silence.

"So like.." He scratched his head sleepily and yawned, a tilted baseball cap with cat ears moving with the scratching on his head. It read JUICY in rhinestones but was backwards, "Can you help me get out of here?"

azuredreams
hes the worst

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:20 pm
Jeremiah, for a moment, wanted to say something. To go 'another you made that choice for you' but he said nothing instead. An eyebrow was raised at the question about Algie but he merely stared.

It was invasive and it was not something he would answer.

There was a roll of his eyes as Wil switched gears but he nodded. "I can, in fact, take you right to your front door if you'd like."

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:17 pm
Wil was slinging his backpack onto a shoulder and juggling his small baby bundle of ferret. Bud's hood on his small hoodie had slipped over his eyes and he seemed to have fallen asleep.

Like father like son it seemed.

"How gentlemanly.." Wil smiled, teasing but gracious, "Just back to town anywhere is fine." Though he was supposed to pick up some things for the house while he was out so it would save him a walk...

"Or the market works..?" He perked at saving himself some extra travel. He approached and then offered out a sleeping fuzzy belly, "Have you met Bud?"

azuredreams
so lazy

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:19 pm
Jeremiah could not resist scratching a finger along Bud's belly. "I've heard about him from Algie but not formally met him." His shoulders rolled before he sighed. "Which market, Wil? As long as I've been there, I can get you there in a blink."

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:05 am
Bud yawned very cutely and opened his eyes before grabbing Jeremiah's finger in his small hands and nibbling it. It wasn't mean biting, more like attention craving.

"Oh.. umm.." Wil pulled out his phone which was useless here. He didn't remember the intersection because his personal navigation was always based more on visual cues. "The one at the corner by your husband's shop." He clarified.

It was right by the campus and not far from their house either. The blonde then smiled bright and lazy, "Thanks."

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:37 pm
Jeremiah's mouth curled up at the corner, unable to resist the fact that Bud was being rather cute. His finger wriggled in the ferret's grip as his eyes flicked to Wil's face.

"Just say when," he told the blond. "I've been there more than a few times so it won't be a problem." There was even a small alcove that was secluded they could move to.

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:04 pm
Wil shifted a bit, just enough to make sure that Bud was secure on his lead (even though he was back to napping now). He glanced around idly, bored looking, at the surroundings to make sure he had all of his things.

"When." He said smartly to Jeremiah with a lazy smirk.

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:10 pm
The word was barely out of Wil's mouth when Jeremiah moved them. In fact, they were in Ashdown by the time that smirk fully formed. It was a darkened alcove in one of the quieter sections of the market. Totally one of those places that more unsavory types liked to frequent.

Jeremiah slid his hands into pockets, an eyebrow raised. "Unless you've got any other questions for me, I'll be popping back over."

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:23 am
Wil barely exhaled before they were there in the alley. He felt a slight chill being close to the other man and only shivered because he had been running warmer lately and didn't even need sleeves most of the time so he was living in tank tops.

"Thanks.." Wil adjusted his cat eared hat, spun it so the JUICY sparkled in front and the only thing keeping it on his head was his mass of hair. "Have fun I guess. That place isn't my scene.. aesthetically it's just mud."

It wasn't the beauty he looked for in his art so he wasn't much a fan of the other side. Perhaps he just hadn't been to the right places.

"See you.." He raised a hand, taking a step before he swung his bag around and gingerly placed Bud inside to take his nap.

azuredreams

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:58 pm
"Clearly you've not been to the right places. There's at least two that I know of that could blind your eyes with the color vibrancy." His lips twitched. "I'm only slightly exaggerating.

"Take care of yourself and Nasir, Wil. Give me a ring if you need to speak about something," Jeremiah shook his head at the blonde, fingers flicking in goodbye before he was gone again.

iloveyouDIE
wrap on your post?

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 2:11 pm
"Two in a whole town is pretty crappy odds.." Wil laughed a little, but he did keep it in mind. He needed to find a reason to be interested in this magic stuff. More than simply wanting to keep Nasir company. Maybe he just needed to look a little harder.

But that was work.

He'd probably spaced out when he lifted his hand in a delayed wave. Jeremiah was already gone.

azuredreams
le end

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items