[?] They took your clothes (???) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:23 pm
"I am not that version and you have explained nothing!" Temperance straightened and stepped back, her eyes darting for a moment. "I am tired of being forced to make decisions without any information whatsoever! I have already told you I would revoke when and only when I have enough information. Why isn't that good enough?"

She swallowed. Rabbit wasn't home, was he? s**t. Oroh?

shibrogane

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:44 pm
"Because I am tired of waiting," said Ezra. He slammed one hand on the table. "You are a tithe and I am your patron's patron. I created you and you will obey me."

It didn't seem right that he would be able to reach her, so far away from the table, but his grip seared her right wrist anyway. Like a stove reaching out to touch her, and no ability to pull away. He dragged her back over, stepped behind her. "You brought this on yourself," he said. She couldn't move away, and he didn't even flinch at any of her attempts. Ezra felt like he was aflame, like his skin was blistering and his flesh beneath cooking. Like he might split apart at any moment, too charred to stand.

He pressed her thumb into the paper at one of the junctures of the lines. There was a searing pain, one that lasted for heartbeats upon heartbeats. Then he let her go, stepped back to his side of the table, and snatched up the paper before she could even get a good look at her thumbprint as it shone in her own blood. "That's done with, then," he said, catching his breath. "And you won't tell Bennett about this. That's an order, tithe."

The Semblance of Unity
EZRA'S DESPERATION
Temperance now lacks her right thumbprint, and is severely burned on her right wrist. She cannot reveal just what passed between her and Ezra in this thread, or that Ezra intends to approach others. Should she try, her right hand will begin to burn again; the pain will be such that she will be unable to speak for the duration. However, in return for this, Temperance has gained a boon. Choose one of these three below:
1. Infracaninophile - In a situation where Temperance is outnumbered or in imminent danger, all of her attempts at magic will be twice as powerful as they would be otherwise. In addition, all of her healing effects will prove twice as efficacious, and their range will also be doubled.
2. Heraldic Clairvoyance - Temperance can sense nobles and their powers, as well as if they have a current tithe. To her, nobles have a specific tactile aura, which varies between nobles. (This means she has to touch them to get a read on them.)
3. Papers, Please - Temperance can detect secondary presences and mental effects inside other people around her, such as Melany and the Spinel Lady. Any geas-like spell is also detectable, such as Jeremiah's truth-teller geas or the noble geas. This registers to her as seeing a ghostly overlay of the other person or caster's face over the presented body. This power takes effect immediately. Quote shibrogane should you wish to use it in a thread.

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:11 pm
"I create myself," she spat out and tried to move away, but his hand was suddenly around her wrist, dragging her closer. Temperance tried to jerk her hand free; his fingers were like fire.

She tugged again, but her efforts made no difference. "Let go of me!" There was pain, horrible pain and the scream caught in her teeth and would not come out. Temperance forgot to breathe. Then it was over and she stumbled back, wrist weeping angrily.

She could have laughed with the ******** irony of it all. Ezra wanted to break a magic forced on someone and he forced others in the doing. It was hard to think past the pain. She needed... she needed to clean it, to... to... petroleum gauze, to... Temperance blinked, eyes watering fiercely.

"You're just as horrible as you've.. you've made me out to be." Her hands were both shaking. "P-please leave."

shibrogane
what a gnarly scar itll be LOL. Gonna go with:
Infracaninophile - In a situation where Temperance is outnumbered or in imminent danger, all of her attempts at magic will be twice as powerful as they would be otherwise. In addition, all of her healing effects will prove twice as efficacious, and their range will also be doubled.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:26 pm
Ezra didn't even bother to say goodbye. He had what he wanted. Now he was out of there.

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items