Tags: Contests, Friends, Gold, Polls, Spam 

Reply Entertainment Discussion
how can you make a movie out of this?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

videogame movies usually suck
  but they are never "straight to DvD" suck quality.
View Results

sgt.Frosty

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 11:08 am
so I just found out they are making a movie adaptation of "rampage" that old arcade game where you just go through levels destroying buildings as one of 3 monsters.

and dwayne johnson is in it, the only "depth" I can guess about this story is "lab experiment gone wrong that releases monsters or mutates people into monsters and now we have to kill said monsters"

instead of following the even more shallow story of the game, which is "get back at the company that mutates us by destroying all of their global facilities"  
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 11:46 am
Pixels and Wreck it Ralph were like the only good video game movies... Note I'm not counting Silent Hill or Resident Evil because I watched the movies before knowing that they were based off of games.

Rampage doesn't even really have a point to it, you destroy buildings. Whoo.
How do they even make a good storyline around that?

On a side note I had a lot of fun as a child with that Rampage World Tour game on the N64. A.B0T and I would play it a lot. It did get repetitive quick though...  

Qwertea
Captain

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500

sgt.Frosty

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:03 pm
Dogoda
Pixels and Wreck it Ralph were like the only good video game movies... Note I'm not counting Silent Hill or Resident Evil because I watched the movies before knowing that they were based off of games.

Rampage doesn't even really have a point to it, you destroy buildings. Whoo.
How do they even make a good storyline around that?

On a side note I had a lot of fun as a child with that Rampage World Tour game on the N64. A.B0T and I would play it a lot. It did get repetitive quick though...

silent hill actually came pretty damn close, despite the fact that pyramid head had zero relation to anything in the movie(he was in for fan fair), and i'm not too knowledgeable on resident evil, but I'm no fan of the entire series as a whole anyway

and I still play rampage on occasion, only beaten it about 8 times though  
Entertainment Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff