Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply @Home
Lore Question - The One Sin and Balmung

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Soraki

O.G. Elder

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:45 pm
One, I understand Gaia (and probably this guild) is dead. But I dont want to make a new account to ask somewhere else and not really in a hurry.

I'm trying to make a Lore video for YouTube and I came across something that bugged. By all means I could be wrong but I thought I heard or read somewhere a loooong time ago that originally: Balmung received his wings only after Orca declined them.

Now while doing my research for this video I can't seem to find that connection anymore and have no idea where I got that idea from. I understand canon is: Balmung landed the last attach on The One Sin and thus received the wings as a prize for release the 'angel'

Is the first event I mentioned where Orca was supposed to get it, true in anything? I know its been revised to be the latter but it would be a cool trivia thing to throw in my video but I need to make sure that in something somewhere, (ie. games, novels, manga, anime etc.) that that was mentioned at least once.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:07 pm
In .hack//AI Buster, it is stated that Balmung and Orca entered the event as a duo. However, Balmung got MVP status for the killing blow and was given one special character edit as a reward. Using this edit, he obtained his wings. Their titles are actually from the community, based on this poem posed on the BBS by a character in AI Buster:

: Damage done to the evil shaped one,

too massive to compare.
Balmung of the Azure Sky,
Orca of the Azure Sea,
together they gallop at full speed.
In the depth of my bosom,
your names shall remain.
You are none other than
the descendants of Fianna.

KawaiiAsHell

Fatcat

@Home