[PRP] A little bit of fail [Karpos x Hadaya]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:28 pm
Karpos was still a relatively new member to the pridelands but it hadn't taken her to long to get accustom to her new mode of life. Doing her hunteress duties wasn't much different from what she'd done in her previous pride. Only, she didn't have to pay as close attention to where she was going which was pretty nice.

Today she was out on her hunter duties tracking down some good sized zebra. She'd been tracking a small herd for most of the day. The right opportunity to strike had not yet presented it self. Seeing as she was on a solo hunt, the lioness would not dare attempt to spook the herd and risk self harm. No, she'd wait until one of the weaker zebra broke away from the herd and then strike.

However the sun was starting to cast shadows indicating that the day was almost over and she'd burnt most of her time waiting around for nothing to happen.

Frustrated, the lioness crept a little closer. And a little more closer. Closer still the lioness slinked not really sure why she was doing this except that she was frustrated. There was no real plan formed only the desire to not have her personal inner pride challenged by a failure. So closer she slinked.

Snap.

The zebra's ears shot up and the group bolted in a few random directions. Karpos also shot up doing her best to avoid a few wayward hooves to her face.

"No no no no no no no!" She ran and then she was leaping. Her claws made contact with a low hanging branch and the lioness managed to pull the rest of her body up with her. She looked like a scared kitten hanging from that branch. It was not one of the finer moments a lion could have.
Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:37 pm
Alpaca Chobi

Hadaya was used to life in the Pridelands, taking things slowly and enjoying the peace and quiet it brought. He was thankful for that calm, as it kept his visions from popping up too much, and he was able to sleep quietly at night and live happily during the day. Or, in this case, sleeping quietly during the day, too.

It had taken some doing, but he'd managed to climb up a tree and park himself in a high branch, a perfectly carved nook for laying down on his back and looking up at the leaves above. He had his hands curled against him, his tail curled around the branch as if he could help himself that way if he fell.

He did not notice the other lion, who was quietly hunting and thus not easy to spot, until she was scrambling up into his tree, and he jumped with a yelp at all the sudden noise. Clinging to his nook, he hauled himself over so he was draped over the branch, able to look down and see the lioness, and the zebra running off across the plain.

He blinked, used to the site. He'd never been a very good hunter.

Grinning sheepishly, he cleared his throat and risked waving a paw at her.

"Having a bad hunting day?" He asked, though his voice lacked any mocking. If anything, he sounded like he understood the whole thing. Which he did, all too well. Having the God of Failure as your dad tended to lead to things going wrong, he found. But he'd also learned how to take it in stride.

Mostly.

Lithiasaur

Snuggly Knight

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:59 pm
Lithiasaur
thank you for being patient with meee

Karpos was struggling to hold on. She'd slip only to quickly adjust her self and hug tighter on to the branch. This was proving to not be an easy task partly because of her panic and partly because of her shame. Part of her wanted to let go of the branch. The zebra's were now well scattered but the lion didn't want to land on her back.

Then a voice. It took a moment for the lion to register what was being said to her.

"I'd laugh." She replied, "But I might die if I let go of this branch. But HEY that might be funny in on its own." It wouldn't. That would suck was what she was really thinking.

"Mind giving me a paw?" She adjusted her grip once more digging her claws deeper in to the wood.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:09 pm
Alpaca Chobi

Hadaya nodded his head, moving very carefully to wiggle his way toward the struggling lioness. He was not too sure, yet, how he could help, but he was determined to try. That was one thing that had always been with him, even when he was a cub and life was way harder than it should have been. He just wanted to do good, even if things were stacked against him being successful.

"I won't let you die," he said, assuredly. He managed to reach her, moving to, very gently, take the back of her neck in his teeth and maybe give her a tug up toward the higher, sturdier branches where he was. Unfortunately, they were not as sturdy as he would have liked.

The branch he was on snapped, and he tumbled forward. He let go of her on instinct, but still bumped into her as he fell out of the tree and he knew she would be falling too. So he did what any clumsy, but well meaning lion would do, and used himself as a cushion as best as he could.

He hit the ground first, landing flat on his stomach and knocking the wind out of himself, but not moving or trying to roll away until he felt her land on top of him. If there was any air left in his lungs from the first hit, the second one finished the job, and he dragged in a ragged gasp.

"Are you... okay?"

Lithiasaur

Snuggly Knight

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:41 pm
Lithiasaur

Everything had happened in such a fast flash that Karpos hadn't had time to have her brain register everything. Perhaps that was a sign of shock of perhaps she could have been more on the alert side. Regardless, the lion now found her self perched upon this males back which was actually quite comfortable. She was quick to hop off of him despite that comfortable soft feeling.

"Why are you asking if I'm okay?" There was a tinge of panic in her words, "You took the brunt of that fall. Are YOU okay sir?" She did her best to investigate the state he was in with out being too invasive but from where she stood she didn't see anything obvious other than the fact this male was now squarely on the ground on his belly.

"Here let me help you up. That was quite a fall," She offered him her paw. Her features mixed with gratitude and worry.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:53 pm
Hadaya huffed, blowing some the grass and dust on the ground up with the action. It was sort of a laugh, but mostly a grimace of pain and an effort to get some air back into his lungs. He sat up, with her help, when she was safely on the ground, though, and offered her a warm, reassuring smile.

"Oh, I'm pretty used to that sort of thing," he said leisurely, hiding his desire to run behind the nearest tree and whine, with yelps, about his aching body.

But that was not a very impressive thing to do, and he had worked pretty hard on his image here in his home. He did not want to go back to being the sissy who was prone to falling over all the time: he much rather wanted to be the strong male that was prone to falling over all the time. But at least he was nice about it, and took it in stride?

"Falls and bad luck tend to follow me around, so I think this whole thing happened because of that. Which I hope was not the case, because then I'll feel very guilty until I find a way to make it up to you." And whenever he tried to do something nice for others, it had a habit of ending up wonky and silly. He smiled, though, and chuckled despite himself. "My name is Hadaya. It's nice to meet you, though maybe next time I'll try avoiding the falling out of a tree part."

Lithiasaur

Snuggly Knight

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:21 pm
Lithiasaur

"That sounds awful," Karpos couldn't help but chuckle as she spoke. The image in her head was too comical though in a very endearing way and she could not hide the joy she had thinking such a thought of the male falling over.

"I wouldn't say that was your fault though at all. I happened to trigger that event and dragged you in to it with my mess up." She gave him a sigh, "But you offered your assistance and I don't think I'd be as tough as you are now about taking such a fall. Thats a real talent to be so durable. I'm not that durable."

It took the male offering his name for Karpos to realize she had not even given the male that pleasantry yet. Granted, there had been reasons why introductions weren't the first to happen. Life and death reasons but Karpos had been raised to be polite so she felt her heart sink a little. Call it a form of social anxiety politeness if you will or over awareness for when pleasantries were necessary but what ever it was it had the purple lioness panicked on the inside.

".. o..." That wasn't what Karpos had intended to say but when she opened her maw it was all that came out. Her maw and her brain were disconnected and the circuits were having trouble getting those motor skills back online. Wide eyed she stared for a moment.

"K-karpos." Finally it came out. "I hadn't realized we hadn't introduced our selves. You must think I'm so rude," Feeling defeated she looked to the ground and gave a longing sigh. Inwardly she was scolding her self for the rudeness.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:03 am
Alpaca Chobi

Hadaya looked puzzled for a moment as the female seemed to forget how to speak. Had he said something wrong? Maybe she knew a Hadaya and had bad experiences with the name, so now she was not comfortable around him?

Why would he assume something like that? Sometimes his brain went to weird places when he was worrying about others liking him. He supposed it was because anything that could happen around him usually did, and it was generally the worst, weirdest thing out there. So he tried to be able to imagine anything happening at any given time.

It helped him be prepared for things exactly 0 times out of 10.

But he still tried.

When she did manage to say her name, though, he smiled warmly and realized she was just feeling bashful. He knew awkward all too well, and understood how tough it was to speak to others sometimes. He only got good at it because he kept falling on them or some other silly thing.

"That's a very nice name!" He offered, though he felt that was probably a silly compliment, and made a face. "I mean. I like it. Well, anyway, I don't think you're rude: we were a little busy, after all. Don't worry about it!"

Lithiasaur

Snuggly Knight

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:44 pm
Lithiasaur

Karpos let out a sigh of relief hearing that the male didn't find her rude. Some times it was hard to tell for her. Social anxiety could have been a bigger part of the way she worried about how her manners came off.

"Oh that's a relief," She looked down at her paws for a moment. " I really don't like being rude.... Yeah I suppose those events had my mind else where. Glad they didn't end up way worse." There was a half smile on her maw now.

" Seriously though, hopefully I don't do that again," Her features had turned quite serious. She really didn't want to have to put her self or another lion in harms way like that for no reason.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:07 am
Alpaca Chobi

Hadaya smiled at her and chuckled, looking perfectly at ease now despite the hazards of the day so far. He tried not to let things stick with him any more, taking to heart a lesson he had learned so long ago about letting water roll off his back like ducks. Or... something like that. Did the ducks do the rolling?

He didn't know much about ducks, really.

Her serious expression made his ears fold back a bit, and he watched her for a moment, not sure if she was mad at him or not. She seemed to just be upset for what happened, which was understandable, and he did not want something like that happening to her again, either. He nodded his head and looked as kind as he knew how, clearing his throat.

"Well, for as long as you're around these parts, I'll do my best to make sure you stay safe here. This is a good place, with good lions, and I would hate for you to get the wrong impression of it all. And anyway, the day can only get better from here, right? I think so, anyway."

Lithiasaur

Snuggly Knight

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:19 pm
Lithiasaur

The lioness perked up a bit hearing Hadaya say he'd do his best to protect her.

"I believe you with how well you broke my fall," She gave him a half cocked smile. It was meant to be a friendly jab but in truth the male really had saved her from a terrible fall and she was grateful for that.

"Well if the pride is full of good lions like you then I think I have no other choice but stay. And I agree," She shook some of the dust off of her from the whole ordeal, "Things can only get better. I suppose that makes sense."

There was a brief pause. She was gathering her thoughts.

"Hey so if you don't mind.. could you show me back to the den area? I hate admitting this but.. I could use a nap after that ordeal."  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:58 pm
Alpaca Chobi

Hadaya laughed, mostly at himself, though he did mean what he said. So long as he was around, at least she would have a comfortable pillow to fall on! True enough, he might also be the one to blame for any falls that occur, but that was just the risk one took when hanging out with him. The goofy seer titled his head to the side, swishing his tail behind him in amusement.

"Take some time to figure this place out, by all means. If you like it after the shock of falling out of a tree wears off, then I think you'll be very happy here! And of course, I would be very happy."

He got up quickly, though, nodding his head and moving to stand beside her, as if he thought she might need some support. She said she was a little tired, not falling off her paws exhausted, but he was a very polite and worried sort. He could not help but want to do everything he could, if someone needed even a slight bit of help.

"The dens are this way. You can rest in mine, if you'd like! It's plenty big enough, and I've got some furs that are very comfortable. Though, there's this nice rock outside that I like to use for sunning and... er. Well. I'll stop babbling and just show you." He smiled, walking slowly and guiding her through the lands he called his home.

Lithiasaur

Snuggly Knight

[IC] Pridelands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces