Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:22 pm
User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:50 pm
The lions had been cuddled up for most of the green visitors time within the pridal lands. A much paler lion had been watching with curiosity at the event and was wondering who the visitor was. Koios was nosy. He and his best friend had always been this way, but usually he didn't act on his curiosities and let them fizzle out. This time he didn't seem to convince himself away.

Finally. Koios marveled as the green lion, a stark color difference from the typical colors of the pridelands, wandered alone. Alone was what he had been looking for. Alone meant he could basically interrogate the individual, though he had to remind himself, he was not a guard. The lowly hunter (though lowly by his own standards) was reminded that he hadn't really done much with his life - choices he'd made, no one else had made him become a hunter. Ah well.

"You there." He called out. His voice was calm, cool, but curious. The green lion turned around to face him casually. The bag he'd been carrying swung a small amount and it was there that Koios' attention was drawn - what was kept in the sack.

Ali`dido wasn't alarmed by the sudden call out. His golden eyes took in the lion standing a short distance away from him and wondered if he'd offended him in anyway. Though from what he understood of the culture so far it was very unlikely. "What can I do for you?" He offered. He raised a paw and slowly touched the bag that had continued to sway from his movements. Once it had settled he let his paw fall back to the ground and adjusted the way he stood.

"What's your name?"

"Ali`dido. Yours?"

"Koios."

The exchange happened quickly. Koios had barely had a chance to swallow the name of his new found companion. "Where did you come from?" He asked, curiosity creeping up again. He didn't have a moment to hesitate on the question. "I don't come from here, but I don't really have a place to come from." The answer wasn't what Koios had been looking for. It had only worked to produce more questions.

"Well I knew you didn't come from here." The pale lion did what he could to not be offended by the silly comment. "So you don't have a home then?" He queried. "That isn't what I said." Ali smiled a wry grin that made the paler lion narrowed his eyes. "You're so full of riddles." He grumped at the lion and dropped his rump to try to mentally puzzle things out. "I'm just playing, Koios." Ali sighed softly as he responded to the lions sudden negative attitude.

The green lion made the decision to approach his company and sit with him a moment. "Haven't you had someone tell you a joke before?" There! A jab to the ribs that Koios felt himself barely able to ignore. "Of course." He said and worked his jaw to help control the sudden rage he felt. Ali watched the lion try to control himself and nearly grinned just for successfully enraging one of these calm individuals.

"Okay. I'm sorry."

He apologized. To which Koios tried to laugh off his emotion. "Are you traveling?" Deciding to change the subject was probably the best choice he could have made. It was clear that the topic of a home would get him no where, though he still wanted that bit of information. For now he couuld be sated with the traveling notion.

"Yes, that's the plan."

"Where do you aim to go?"

"The coast."

Another quick exchange. Koios was enjoying how brief the sentences were kept. He could totally be a guard. The lion, suddenly feeling a jolt of pride, puffed his chest up a small amount. "What does the coast have for you?" He asked. The curious thoughts he had were for a purpose. He knew the lioness the green lion had chosen to stick around with. The lioness was his best friends sister - how could he not feel protective? Though he'd never actually spoken with Yai..

"The coast has a number of prides." He offered the answer. It was vague and though he was tempted to not go into any details he decided to share a little more of himself. "Ever since I was a cub I'd decided to travel." Truth be told he hadn't decided that until he was an adolescent, but the stories told to him as a cub had been enough to spark the interest. "My parents had always wanted a home. Somewhere they could call their own and feel safe with their family." His smile grew a might sad. "This is why I said I don't come from anywhere." He admitted casually, waving a paw in the air to dismiss the sudden look of shock on his companys face.

"My parents were the ones that bragged about a pride that had hundreds of lions. Then there were the coastal prides, even one with drums and musical talents." There were many more he'd heard mutterings about since then. "So when I became old enough I decided to try and go and look at some of these options." Koios was bewildered by the choices. "So you left your family alone to seek out a home?" He queried with a slight tilt of his head. "So you aren't staying?" He asked curiously.

"No. I won't be staying." He admitted. "Yai is already aware that I'm a world traveler. If that is your concern. Though I don't see the family resemblance." It looked as though the lion was offended by his comment, but not as sincerely as he had been before. "I'm not a direct relative, just my best friends sister." He tossed out the statement casually.

"Ah. Well I'm off to see her again this evening. I'll tell her you say hi." Ali said with a smirk and stood. "No need too, she won't know who I am." The statement sounded much creepier than he had anticipated, but he decided to let it go and the pair of lions took their leave from the conversation.

Koios was leaving with more questions than answers.

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

[IC] Pridelands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas