[PRP] bond building (ollie & nasir) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:31 pm
    "Nah, I have it under control." He smiled a little at that as he disposed of the napkins, his socks making quiet thuds as he wandered around the linoleum kitchen. He hesitated briefly before plucking the teapot out, his fingers splayed awkwardly as he fumbled with the tea pouches in the drawer. Still, he was doing it, and he wasn't asking for help at that. "But thank you."

Instead he went to speak, the kettle and tea in wait as he lingered around for the water to boil. "I did always wondered about that. With the purge happening, I couldn't help but imagine that... perhaps that played a part in it. Obviously we know some of the Nobles survived, and with the death of everyone else the geas was effectively irrelevant." He sniffed, "Sans pointing it at the surviving Nobles I guess. It enabled them to keep one another in check I suppose, but we all saw how well that went."

He meant the whole 'my brother getting kidnapped and tortured' thing.

"Plus, Shiloh's spoken to me about how Nobility cannot directly harm one another. With Moonwalkers being... keepers of the peace, I guess, there could've been some responsibility there too. We're strong if properly trained—stronger than an ordinary human anyway—and stronger than an undifferentiated still. We could theoretically police other Nobles where the existing Nobility couldn't, and the purge clearly disrupted that also." He looked towards Nasir, "But you know, with the Spinel Lady and the old incarnation of Ezra gone or under wraps, we hopefully won't have to worry about that anymore either."

Oliver sighed.

"There's only the matter of the cycles and the current cage and our intrusion upon this world. If the Spiritbound were contained because their power threatened the stability of the cage, then it might be a tool to look into from that end... if I wanted to pursue a less petty route." He smiled, though it was still a little sarcastic, still a little s**t-eating. "And with the new Charter, I think the influence of the Nobility is knocked down a peg too. It brings us all a step closer to equality, and... maybe gives me an opportunity to make something out of this curse." He gave his weirdly sensitive hands another once over.

The teapot started to sound, "Are you alright with earl grey? I have spiced chai too in the cupboard."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:25 pm
"Spiced chai?" Nasir preferred earl grey more in the evenings but that was neither here nor there. "... but I think you're right about all of that. It's what I think too. That the Spiritbond might be the answer to helping put an end to the cycles and the cage and maybe do something about the curse aspect of being a moonwalker, maybe even about how ... Trouble's not going to live as long as I do." He frowned, a hand resting against his scarf and the small flying squirrel that was tucked away and sleeping.

It was still a sobering thought that anything happening to Trouble, even a natural death, could prove more than a little hazardous to himself.

"Nothing wrong with a little petty motivation in with the rest either. We're not always, you know, supposed to have noble," Nasir made a face, rolling his eyes a bit at the inadvertent pun, "purposes- not entirely. We're only human."

Melancholies

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:12 pm
    "Spiced chai..." Oliver moved to retrieve the appropriate tea bags. He was silent for another moment then, his hands working awkwardly, but he persevered through it.

Finally, he spoke up again, "You're right though, we are only human." He wasn't looking at Nasir, he was still pouring out the water into cups so it could steep. "Magic can be such an inconvenience. I'd fancy turning it into something I could use as a tool." And suddenly he laughed out a sharp, short ha! "The spiritbound necromancer. Isn't that a title?"

He gave Nasir a cheeky smile.

"I'm tired of being taken advantage of. My brother wants the cage dismantled, and for that matter, so do I. I think most of us do." The bags were dipped into the water. "I'd like to accompany you to the warg library at some point. To that end..." He looked to the side, almost bashful, "If you'd like to investigate the were facilities, I'd be more than willing to grant you admittance. If we're really to pursue a higher purpose, then it would be appropriate to acquaint ourselves with the others trades accordingly."

"What do you say?" He extended his hand. Wasn't there something about making deals with death that ended in...?

azuredreams

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces