Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:37 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The days seemed to grow longer. Vitha knew that part of it was the sun, part of it was the heat, and part of it was her mind. She could tell that something was going to happen soon; she didn't have the vision to peer into the future, as she knew others had, but the itch in her bones was starting to become unbearable. She had to change something, and she wondered if it had originated from her dreams.

She stood on a small rock, watching as the sun's rays pierced the evening clouds. The sun would soon set, and another night of wrongness would settle over. Was this related to her father; was she finally inheriting the need to wander, to gather stories and tell others of misfortunes of woe? Wandering seemed like something she would fail at; the lioness wasn't the keenest hunter, and depended on the safety of the pride to keep herself alive. She wasn't an idiot when she saw her father return with new scars along his hide.

She needed to do something. So she would turn to the first lion she found, and would ask them if they felt the same. She just had to pinpoint exactly which lion she would approach first.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:36 pm
User Image

For Matope, daily life was pretty boring. He was young enough that he had avoided all major conflicts, he was unaffected by the politics of the pride and his job was one of the less dangerous, less social things you could do around here. And he was rather content that way, being quietly in the background of the goings-on. At least, he had never considered another way. In a busy pride with so many lions, it was extremely easy for a laid back lion to get comfortable.

He was headed back home after an afternoon spent out and about around the borders, the only thing on his mind being to pass along some observations about a herd he had seen in an unexpected area. Normally, he had no trouble ignoring those around him but standing on her rock, Vitha was hard to miss.. and his looked right at her, though he made no move to stop or investigate.

Strange, he thought.

Safaia

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:01 pm
As soon as she locked eyes with her victim, she had that 'a-hah!' moment in her brain. Clearly there was something about this lion that made him notice her, look at her; it swirled a strange part in the back of her mind. The lioness was no seer, but she always assumed that the storytelling aspect she picked up from her father helped her read others better.

"Hello," she said in pleasant greeting, careful to keep her tone soft but friendly. She probably looked a bit strange standing on top of a rock, but with such a large pride, sometimes it was easier to pick strangers out of a crowd if you had a height advantage.

"I hope you're not too busy to talk for a moment," she said with a sly smile. "I am merely looking to ask a few questions from some of my fellow pride members."

Ecavi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:04 am
Matope groaned inwardly at the look that the lioness gave him when their eyes met. There was something about the situation, being called upon by a stranger like this.. but then, he wasn't really busy and he would never go out of his way to be rude.. so that left a polite default. He offered a small smile and stepped closer so they could talk without shouting.

"Hello," he said, his tone devoid of any enthusiasm but his expression toeing the line of curiosity, "I'm not busy, is everything OK?"

He didn't recognize her, though that was hardly a feat around here. He wondered if the Messengers were running some strange kind of campaign around the pride, but.. somehow that felt unlikely.

Safaia

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:03 pm
"Perfect, thank you." Vitha offered a polite nod to the handsome male before her, blatantly ignoring the fact that he didn't look too interested in what she had to say. Sometimes, the polite customs that Pridelanders were raised on seemed to guide their paw towards being overly kind to each other.

"Don't you feel like there's something off?" she asked, keeping a brief pause to let him ponder her question before continuing. "There's an uneasiness in the air. I've found a few others that feel it, but they didn't realize it until I asked them about it."

Now, the black and white lioness only hoped that she would be able to counter whatever he would spit back at her; disbelief, calling her insane, or just indifference. The last one was the hardest to deal with, and usually the most impossible to transition over to her understanding. She hoped that he wouldn't be indifferent...please to the sky above, she prayed.

Ecavi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:17 pm
"Uhhh..."

Was there an uneasiness in the air? How did one tell? Matope went about his life without thinking about what was in the air unless it was absolutely undeniable and going to affect him. He certainly felt uneasy now, but it could be from being asked odd questions by a complete stranger and not necessarily noticing something that had always been there.

Was she crazy? She didn't look how he expected a crazy lion to..

He gave her an openly suspicious once over before settling on the only reasonable response to her question.

"Why?"

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:24 pm
Vitha glanced around here and there, though it wasn't super obvious or awkward. She genuinely believed what she was feeling, and was hoping to get a few others to help her out.

"I know its a rare belief here, but do you believe in a god? Or multiple gods?" A touchy subject, and one that she felt like her mother may smack her over the head for even asking. Her father would tell stories of gods, but she hadn't believed them fully. Not until that one night, a long while back.

"Because I've seen it. Only once, but I'm scared it'll come back." She was keeping her tone deeper now, to make it a little harder for random passer-bys to just overhear everything she was saying.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:36 pm
Somehow, the question of gods got his full attention. Matope didn't believe in omnipotent beings who governed life, death and everything in between from afar but based on an assortment of common knowledge and known experiences around the pride.. well, it was something he believed. And once she said it, he couldn't help but realize a enormous pride of peaceful lions would indeed be the perfect target for some divine shenanigans. They weren't vulnerable to much else except natural disaster. Politics were so quiet here and war never came, the hyenas did their best but never got too far...

"You're saying we've attracted a dangerous god?" he asked, sounding doubtful but looking concerned.

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:48 pm
Vitha's eyes widened as she stared at this lion. How did he put one and one together to make two so fast? So easily??

"Perhaps you have felt something without realizing it," she breathed. "Yes. Yes we have. And I fear that if we just sit here as a whole, terrible things will happen." She picked at the earth in front of her, deciding her next course of action. She had never had someone pick up the situation so quickly, and so she was even more unsure of what to say to him next.

"The course of action we must take is to appease this god, to keep him out of our lands. My name is Vitha, and I hope that you will help me figure out how to help save these lands."  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:54 pm
Matope paused a moment to consider if now he was the crazy one. She seemed far too surprised that he believed in gods and understood what her fear had implied, and that was enough to make him doubt himself.. but he was not without his own superstitions and he was willing to entertain the idea that this was a possibility.

It couldn't hurt to try something, right? Mattering on what it was she intended to do about this..

"I'm Matope," he said, "Not sure I'm pleased to meet you, Vitha.. what do you think we should do?"

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:01 pm
"I'm pleased to see you keep your mind open, Matope." She gave him another good look, keeping his face within her memory. With such a massive pride as the Pridelands, and so many families connected, she didn't want to make the mistake of thinking she was talking to him in the future and then it wasn't actually him. She had made that mistake before, and never wanted to do it again.

"The first step in the plan is to gather those that either have felt something, or are open to understanding what is brewing on the horizon. I assume that half the concept of a god's existence is the belief that is fueled into them. How can they exist if we don't' believe? Clearly there's more belief outside of our homelands to sustain them. If we are able to gather enough souls together to believe, perhaps that can appease this creature and it will pass over us."

SHe shifted a bit, trying to sum up the early parts of her plan so he would join her. " For part two, it may take more than that...."

She rambled on, careful to admit that she believed sacrifice would be needed, but nothing more than preybeasts to satiate an unknown hunger. For prayers and compliments to be bestowed, and a cry for understanding to please leave these peaceful lands alone. She wanted to keep it sane, respectful, and above all else, something that would never manifest; to be called crazy, but avert a crisis, was her end goal.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:11 pm
As much of a pain as it sounded to try gathering followers to the god that had been drawn to the pride, it was an entirely reasonable suggestion. Appealing to such a creature's pride was likely a good way to get on their good side, what would be the point of being a god without worship? Belief and acknowledgement were one thing, someone seeking to cause trouble must want more..

So, however reluctantly, he nodded. As much as he kept to himself, he was sure he knew a few lions here and there who were open-minded believers.. and as a scout, he'd have to start watching more carefully for less obvious trouble..

His mind wandered here and there as Vitha went on about the plan but his interest remained aligned with her goal throughout what he did pick up between his own planning. They could figure out a worst case scenario later, for now he could take a modest but cautious approach.

And hopefully they would indeed prevent a crisis.

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

[IC] Pridelands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas