Welcome to Gaia! ::

Odd One Out

Back to Guilds

The sweet little slice of Gaia reserved for the bizarre, twisted, and/or bored. 

Tags: Random, Debate, Discussion, Chat, Competitions 

Reply Main Forum
That "Jump" Moment

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Why is there a poll here?
  Because I said so!
  No, I said so!
  VELOCIRAPTORS!!!!!!
View Results

Sincerely Metalhead
Crew

Omnipresent Genius

6,125 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:37 pm
I just thought this would be a fun topic!

So, the "jump" moment, as I have heard it called before, is when you take a total leap of faith and take a huge step in life that you or anyone close to you was not expecting you to take.

For example, I recently joined the AmeriCorps because I was spinning my wheels in the job hunt because my state sucks like that (Even though I still love it) so I took my leap of faith and wouldn't you know it, I'm one interview away from moving and helping the homeless and potentially catching escaped Velociraptors! Exciting times!

So that's what I mean by the "Jump" Moment. Share some stories. You don't have to get super detailed if you don't want. Just a fun convo topic. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:07 pm
Hmm, not sure if this counts, but...

I met a guy who was all red flags. My friends thought he'd be a bad investment, I was nervous about how my family would feel about it... He was going through court with an ex, he was 4 years older... But I really liked him and knew that even though there was a chance I'd get hurt, I felt he was worth the risk!

And now we're engaged ^_^ And I didn't get hurt.

It always felt like a bit of a leap of faith, to trust that a relationship with a rando I met at a bus stop would work out. Haha  

Funkyblueeyes
Captain

Sincerely Metalhead
Crew

Omnipresent Genius

6,125 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:39 pm
Funkyblueeyes

I met a guy who was all red flags. My friends thought he'd be a bad investment, I was nervous about how my family would feel about it... He was going through court with an ex, he was 4 years older... But I really liked him and knew that even though there was a chance I'd get hurt, I felt he was worth the risk!

It always felt like a bit of a leap of faith, to trust that a relationship with a rando I met at a bus stop would work out. Haha

Yeah, that counts. Trust jump! At least he wasn't whispering about the robots coming back with a tin foil hat!
Right? eek  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:45 pm
Sincerely Metalhead
Funkyblueeyes

Yeah, that counts. Trust jump! At least he wasn't whispering about the robots coming back with a tin foil hat!
Right? eek

I cannot confirm nor deny these allegations.  

Funkyblueeyes
Captain

Sincerely Metalhead
Crew

Omnipresent Genius

6,125 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:14 pm
Funkyblueeyes
Sincerely Metalhead
Funkyblueeyes

Right? eek

I cannot confirm nor deny these allegations.

eek
So the robots are coming...
GAME OVER, MAN, GAME OVER!!!!!!!!! gonk  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas