Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[HUMAN ORP] The Boar Bar (all humanponies welcome)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
iloveyouDIE rolled 1 100-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-100)

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:46 am
User ImageThe Boar was a staple of the neighborhood (and known for it's giant wooden boar head sign). The owner, Borr, had been a roving biker before he found the perfect building and, with his partner, decided to settle in and open a location to both brew and sell his own beers. The addition of a new cook to draw in the hipster crowd made the place a pretty solid hangout.

And it was animal friendly. Borr's cat Bear lived in the bar and was beloved by all (except people who hated cats I guess).

It was spacious and clean at the insistence of the owner, employing almost everyone looking to make a buck at one time or other. The menu was simple, yet sophisticated (because hipsters) and you'd be challenged to find a better drink menu anywhere else around. The decor was a mix of norse mythology and americana, much like it's owner, and Borr himself was a staple behind the bar.

In fact you weren't often going to find another bartender at all. It was a bit of a joke that he never left and simply slept on a pallet in the back.

Today was no different than any other, smells of french fries and burgers filled the place. Bear the cat sat at the end of the bar by two old men who never seemed to leave and Dane, Borr's nephew, was poking at the jukebox trying to put on anything but Bruce Springsteen.  
and be blue rolled 1 100-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-100)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:52 pm
Freshman year of high school had proven more difficult that Ollie would ever like to admit. The things he had breezed through (or ignored) in middle school now became impossibly difficult. Sitting still for even one hour-long lesson -- let alone a good seven or eight of them -- made his skin itch and his shoulders ache, and the prying eyes and faint jibes of other students meant that he'd been in more than one fight this spring, had come home with a split lip and a determined expression more than once.

Now it was the summer, though, which meant freedom from the confines of classrooms for at least a short while. Now he'd escaped to a world of tromping through the woods, of dips in ponds, of lounging by the card store in the late afternoon. And, for the responsible, a world of summer jobs spent in the oaky kitchen of the Boar, determinedly scrubbing his way through a pile of dishes.

Today, though, things were still quiet enough that he settled at the end of the bar instead, in his apron with his hair pulled back but mussed, squinting while he watched Borr work.

iloveyoudie

and be blue
Crew

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:51 am
Dane picked something newer than Springsteen but still pretty old, The Killers first album, because he didn't spend a lot of his time on music when he wasn't here in the bar. He sidled up beside Ollie and had a seat right as Borr brought them both cold bottles of root beer without asking.

"Quiet day boys.." The older man smiled as the bottled clinked lightly to the bar top in front of them.

"Maybe we'll get working on that store room later?" Typical boss, he was always finding something for them all to do so they weren't too idle, even when there wasn't something to do.

Dane scowled a bit, gave Ollie a look and an eyeroll as his uncle stepped away and instead scooped up Bear the cat in his arm to scratch with his good hand.

"Aren't you back to school soon, Ol?" Dane glanced at a Harley Davidson calendar above the register.

and be blue

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:00 pm
A phone precariously balanced between shoulder and ear, and a toddler resting on her opposite hip, Nena pushed her way into the bar with the confident ease of a single mother that had been a champion at multitasking for the better part of fifteen years now. There wasn't even the faintest break in stride as she readjusted, hoisting Valley up a little higher, and continued on with her conversation seamlessly.

"I already told you, I can't come in tonight. You'll just have to make due without me." A slight pause. "You'll be fine on your own. Yes, I know so." She sounded faintly exasperated, though her expression warmed immediately upon spotting her son at the end of the counter. "Look, I've gotta go. Call if you need anything, but you better not need anything." And with that the phone stowed away and the petite woman was making her way over to an equally small young man. Her now free hand came up to cup the side of his head as she neared him so she could prevent him from leaning away as she rose up on tip toe to kiss his cheek.

"I'm shocked Borr doesn't have you in the back scrubbing walls with how slow it looks in here." Valley was leaning in her arms, reaching eagerly for her older brother.

"Is Kith here yet?" She didn't see her, but that didn't mean the taller woman wasn't in the bathroom.

and be blue

nessihime

iloveyoudie

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

starpatched
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:27 am
A small, pale haired girl with dark eyes leaned over Dane, a thin arm slung over his shoulders.

"Are you bothering people again?" Kashel admonished, eyebrows raised, then gave a wave to the man behind the bar. "Hi, Uncle Borr."

iloveyoudie

beejoux

and be blue

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:39 pm
Borr glanced at Nena and shook his head, "Haven't seen her." But then he waggled fingers and grinned at the baby. He loved babies. And baby animals. And animals. He loved all cute things.

Dane made a face as Kashel draped on him, "You mean like you are?" HIs ex-girlfriend never failed to take the time to bother him just a little. Not that she was overly a bother but it was easier to be cranky with her. It was a thing they did.

"Kas, girlie, how you doin today?" Borr seemed to produce a root beer for her too, seemingly out of nowhere.

"Now that I've got more employees," With Kashel, Ollie and Dane he could probably get that wall scrubbing started, "some scrubbing may not be out of the question." Borr gave all of them winks.

starpatched

beejoux

and be blue

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

and be blue
Crew

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:10 pm
The word 'school' had Ollie grimacing -- a weary kind of grimace, like he was a put-upon adult and not a teenager due for learning. It was something he didn't want to think about, and instead relish in the fact that he still had some freedom left, time when he could move around and not sit at a desk and try not to daydream. Even if that freedom came with a bit of work.

"...if you need me..." He offered it haltingly to Borr, with a nervous little flicker of eyes to Nena as she came in, and then his head ducked so that she couldn't see his expression. "I could work here more, you know."

It was hard to tell if bringing this idea up in a room full of people was a good idea or a terrible one.

iloveyoudie

kuropeco

beejoux

{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas