Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
Bardic Circle

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mina Beltara

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:25 am
This is something that I found months ago on LiveJournal and can go along with the "Three Word Stories" thread. It's also a great way to learn about other guild members interests and what they have on their shelves. You might even be intrigued enough to want to pick up one of the books to read yourself.

Directions:

1. Take five books off your bookshelf.
2. Book #1 -- first sentence.
3. Book #2 -- last sentence on page fifty.
4. Book #3 -- second sentence on page one hundred.
5. Book #4 -- next to the last sentence on page one hundred fifty.
6. Book #5 -- final sentence of the book.
7. Use the five sentences as "inspiration" for a paragraph.
8. Name your sources.

-----

Twisting around on his galloping camel and glimpsing the pursuing Bedouin resolving into form within the dust cloud stirred to life by their own pounding mounts, Neville Hawthorne spared precious breath to curse the day Alphonse Libermann had come to Egypt. He laughed as he rode, his sister by his side, crouched low over the withers of her own mount. "Speaking of believing, would you believe she's still calling me?" "Ahhh." In the end he'd earned them both.

The Buried Pyramid by Jane Lindskold
The Iron Grail by Rober Holdstock
Industrial Magic by Kelley Armstrong
Renaissance Faire by Andre Norton and Jean Rabe
The Duke's Ballad by Andre Norton and Lyn McConchie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:40 pm
8. Name your sources.

The unusual events described in this chronicle occurred in 194- at Oran.

Stories can be retold
Until they are polished smooth
I give my heart to you in this story
Because my heart has no end.

The mist that drifts away at dawn, leaving but dew in the fields, shall rise and gather into a cloud and then down in rain.

Do, however, do the breathing preparation that I have in chapter 13, "Magic-Preparartions" section.

To this urn let those repair
That are either true or fair;
For these dead birds sigh a prayer.

Life in itself is like any other state of consciouness, it is never correct to assume that since you are awake you are at peak consciouness. It goes to say which self-imposed reality is the reality which actually exist. Do our dreams exist? Do we experience them, do well have emotional attachment toward them, these mental patters and colors? Iit is strange to think that any of us would not believe in the power of though since I could sit here typing this looking perfectly normal to my roomates and then start crying over something tramatic that happened to me as a child (strictly as an example)... my roomates, they wouldn't know what was wrong and since their own peace has been distrurbed by the image of me crying they react in two ways. Ignore it... or become apathetic to the situations, and to actually inquire to what it is that makes me sad. But this begs the question, if the latter are effected by emotions in such a way, are they too as senstivie as I and in turn my expressing myself... would this just be feeding their own neuroses?

Sorry bit of a long paragraph. Sorry if it makes no sense.. it was whim of the moment.

The Plague by Albert Camus
Blinking with Fists by Billy Corgan
The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran
Wicca for One by Raymond Buckland
Skakespeare Complete: The Phoenix and the Turtle by William Skakespeare  

Aloyseus_Wolf

Aloyseus_Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:40 pm
8. Name your sources.

In the late summer of that year we lived in a house in a village that looked across the river and the plain to the mountains.

All the green shoots will burst forth, and the buds will begin to blossom, the colorful crocus and hyacinth, the glorious fragrant narcissus: flowers will open their lovely mouths to drink in the strong bright sunshine, to smile in the freshening rains, and grow sweet with the sap of spring.

The High Priestess ends her dance by laying down her athame on the altar. She and the Maiden help the Oak King to rise, and they lead him, still blindfold, to kneel before the West candle.

A living body contains different types of pneuma. 'Cohesive pneuma' holds it together, 'vital pneuma' animates it and 'rational pneuma', existing onlyin creatures which think, gives it a mind.

Whatever your feelings about the Qabalah, may your search for inner wisdom and understanding be fruitful, and may you come to a self-realization that nurtures both your own individual expereince and expression and that of the planet as a whole.

A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway
The Pagan Book of Living and Dying by Starhawk
The Witche's Bible by Janet and Stewart Farrar
The Black Arts by Richard Cavendish (don't attack me research purposes only)
The Elements of the Qabalah by Will Parfitt

Religion in itself has one purpose: to make people better people and more connected with their spirit and the spirits around them. People who go to war in the name of religion might as well as be atheist if they belive religion is based on petty pride.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:46 pm
During the third millennium BC there were people in Greece who did not speak Greek, or any language related to it. There also was a much greater involvement in the wider economy with the aim of extracting better returns from the landed estate. The necropolis was known in the mid-nineteenth century from the work of Carl Lepsius and from loose sculpted and inscribed blocks that found their way into museums, but some of the most important discoveries of recent times have been made by the joint expedition of the Egypt Exploration Society and Leiden University, headed by Professor Geoffrey Martin. On the other hand, as we have seen, the 'messinic' messages claimed for both the Egyptian and Martian scenarios do not bear scrutiny. For anthropology would plead in vain for that recognition to which its outstanding achievements in the realm of theory otherwise entitle it if, in this ailing and troubled world of ours, it did not first endeavor to prove its usefulness.

The Rise of the Greeks by Michael Grant
The Scottish Nation: A History 1700-2000 by T.M. Devine
Ancient Egypt by Lorna Oakes and Lucia Gahlin
The Stargate Conspiracy by Lynn Picknett and Clive Prince
Structural Anthropolgy by Claude Levi-Strauss

Mina Beltara

Quadadiddle
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:51 pm

The last hour of Eddie's life was spent, like most others, at Ruby Pier, an amusement park by a great gray ocean.

But that being said, I hold this truth to be self-evident: no one, while eaitng dinner, should be forced to watch a fellow human being get his nose broken.

We only confused the little girl all the more by flailing our arms in different directions.

I was left in the dayroom with them.

For a moment, he thought he heard a woman's voice... the wisdom of the ages... whispering up from the chasms of the earth.

Uhh.. dont flail your arms in a day room when someones getting his nose broken, and the goddess is telling you you're going to die in an our in an amusement park????

Mitch Albom - The 5 people you meet in heaven
David Klass - You don't know me
Dave Pelzer - The Privelage of Youth
Anonymous - Go Ask Alice
Dan Brown - The DaVinci Code

If I could recommend "Go Ask Alice" to you all, it's a great book. It's actually a diary of a teenage drug user.. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll throw the book across the room because you can't believe how the plot twists around for a surprise ending.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:38 pm
Hermetic

The last hour of Eddie's life was spent, like most others, at Ruby Pier, an amusement park by a great gray ocean.

But that being said, I hold this truth to be self-evident: no one, while eaitng dinner, should be forced to watch a fellow human being get his nose broken.

We only confused the little girl all the more by flailing our arms in different directions.

I was left in the dayroom with them.

For a moment, he thought he heard a woman's voice... the wisdom of the ages... whispering up from the chasms of the earth.

Uhh.. dont flail your arms in a day room when someones getting his nose broken, and the goddess is telling you you're going to die in an our in an amusement park????

Mitch Albom - The 5 people you meet in heaven
David Klass - You don't know me
Dave Pelzer - The Privelage of Youth
Anonymous - Go Ask Alice
Dan Brown - The DaVinci Code

If I could recommend "Go Ask Alice" to you all, it's a great book. It's actually a diary of a teenage drug user.. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll throw the book across the room because you can't believe how the plot twis

ts around for a surprise ending.

I also recommend "Perks of being a Wallflower." same premise  

Aloyseus_Wolf

Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas