View Results

longaps

Relentless Gaian

33,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:40 am
Halloween is sneaking up on us. Personally I will be at work like I am 4 times out of every 7 years but that is to be expected when you take a job that makes you work until 10 pm Monday through Thursday.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:10 pm
This is the first year in 12 years that I have not worked on Halloween or Thanksgiving.  

LimeyFish8

longaps

Relentless Gaian

33,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:21 am
Sounds to me like your days off have changed a lot in twelve years. I am lucky (or unlucky depending on your point of view) enough to say that my schedule hasn't changed much in 30 years.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:25 pm
They have changed. I am happy to be going back to school, because I don't have any faith that I will ever be able to support anyone else being a cook. It's been a long road and a long a** fight, but I'm there and I'm out. It really sucks living off of the system, I need the work. Going from 50-60hr weeks to maybe 14hr weeks is the worst. On top of that, I moved back to NYC for this program. I was out. People don't get out of NY. It is so expensive. I had to come back because I got into this great program; only I never got in, my culinary school credits disqualified me.
Probably why I'm back on Gaia, looking for something to do in between my three chemistry classes, because I need to maintain a good grade average, so I can't go back to my old job.  

LimeyFish8

longaps

Relentless Gaian

33,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:24 pm
I know few people who came here to Cali from NYC. They never like to talk about their time there while I personally have never been further east than South Dakota, Kansas, Oklahoma nor Texas. My bucket list includes seeing Lady Liberty, Disney World and the Atlantic ocean someday.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:08 pm
It is very different than the Pacific, I drove down US-1 at one point from Seattle until just north of LA and it is stunning how different oceans can be. Down south in Florida it is this tropical wonderland, in the Carolina's there are all these barrier islands and the water slowly gets darker. Up north I like the ocean best in the winter because it is just so beautifully bleak. Except Brighton Beach/Coney, that is a summer must do because the Russian ladies are out selling these potato stuffed pastries for $1 a piece and the cross pier is pretty awesome in the summer.  

LimeyFish8

Poll Guild of DOOM

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff