Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:58 pm
User Image

After a brief bit of excitement in his world in the form of a stalker (who has disappeared, he noticed) .. Mo'olelo's life was back to his usual routine. He had successfully dodged getting recruited for a hunt earlier in the day and was searching for a friend. He was having no luck so while he wandered, he let his mind wander. Strangely, it wandered back to his youth and the pride and family he had lost. He wondered where his siblings had gone, and how strange it was that he had come here with a friend only to learn they were actually cousins.

It had to be a fairly common theme in the Pridelands, some of the families were so large..

He wondered about his mother, and where she had ended up. Since she was a nanny (he couldn't remember the word for some reason) he had known her better than many had known their mothers. She probably had gone off, looking for more stories to tell and for someone to listen to hers. He assumed she still lived, she had to be younger than a lot of the lions around here..

Distracted, he didn't even realize he had wandered onto a path towards a busier part of the pride.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:17 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"I told you, this is the wrong approach," a firm but quiet voice insisted.

Another voice, the stress almost palpable. "There is no certainty in what you saw; I will not change course now!"

There were two lionesses arguing with one another. It hadn't quite come to full-out yelling or blows, but there were a few other lions milling around that seemed a little wary of getting too close to the pair.

The cream coated lioness was shaking her head, her bright blue eyes clouded with concern. "Vitha. Don't you think that there's a better way to approach this?" She signed, wondering if she was going to get through to the black and white lioness.

"Appeasement and respect is the way to go. Doesn't everyone just want to be respected at the end of the day?" Vitha just didn't understand what Aoife was going on about. What else was there to do, lay down and let bad things happen?

"Yes, Vitha. And I hate to bring it up again, but what I saw just didn't bode well for the future..."

"Hey!" Vitha called out to the passing male, clearly wound up in his own mind. "Do you know what it is you want out of your life? At the least, you want to feel respected, right?" Vitha's voice was soft, hoping to not seem too demanding to the stranger that was wandering a little too close for the black lioness to not reel him in.  

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:34 pm
His ears twitched a few times at the sound of arguing and Mo'olelo luckily noticed the lionesses just before he was spotted and questioned. Unfortunately.. he didn't actually catch much of what preceded the sudden interrogation and was left only considering exactly what he was asked.

"Uh," he hesitated, giving each lioness a strange look before setting on Vitha, "Yeah. Of course."

Was something wrong with him? How did he keep having such strange confrontations with lionesses lately? The other one hadn't been quite so out of the blue but.. still. It almost made him miss Liara, and that had been a lighthearted fling years ago.

How could he remember Liara's name but not what his mother's rank was?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:55 pm
"Vitha, he's not- I'm sorry," Aoife said with a growl, glaring at the black lioness before turning her attention back to the male. "I think she's just trying to win her argument by dragging someone else into it."

"Aoife, everyone will get dragged into this if we don't do something!" Aoife could be seen rolling her eyes again, though her body language was clearly peaceful. Vitha on the other hand was getting frustrated.

"Look, its going to sound a little crazy, but something just doesn't...feel right. Like its too quiet. Peace is good, but this is something other than peace..." Vitha sounded so stupid when she tried to explain her feelings to anyone out loud. She didn't have the benefit of being a known Seer like Aoife; though with how large the Pridelands were, who really knew just how 'known' someone was, beyond the king and his council.

"And I keep trying to tell you, running around telling everyone this is just going to make things worse..."  

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:00 am
Aoife, by virtue of making more immediate sense and looking downright familiar, drew his attention immediately after answering the first question flung at him. But then Vitha said something that was hard to ignore.

Everyone will get dragged into this if we don't do something.

What..?

So he looked back at Vitha, not hiding that he was both concerned and pretty sure she was crazy. He was caught between knowing better than to take every lion around here seriously and the knowledge that sometimes, there would be things to worry about.

Too.. peaceful.. and Aoife apparently agreed, just not about pulling everybody in.

Mo considered opening his mouth but there was nothing he could say that would make any of this better, so he just stared at the two of them. Now, though, his gaze was not torn. He just looked at them like he thought they were crazy.

Safaia

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:06 pm
"Great. Now you've got him spooked." Vitha felt like more of this was on Aoife; she was a little more confrontational than Vitha had expected, even if it was Vitha's fault that this male was dragged into their argument. "I think its better to tackle the problem head on than it is to just pretend like everything is fine. And yet, somehow, that makes me the crazy one around here."

"Vitha...." Aoife grumbled. It was clear that their arguing had just confused and disturbed this lion, instead of him proving either one of their points. 'Look, maybe just telling everyone that walks by that 'something bad is going to happen' isn't the right way to handle anything...even a rainstorm. Let everyone make decisions for themselves. And don't scare them into believing you."

"Oh, like how you say your visions tell a certain story?" Vitha tossed back, feeling cornered. She wasn't much of anyone in the pride, and she felt like because she couldn't claim some distant lineage to the royal line, she wasn't worth listening to. Just another crazy family that wasn't originally from the Pridelands.

"No, but....look. Take a breather." Aoife turned to the poor lion near them, who was clearly paying more attention than he had in the beginning. "I'm sorry about all this. Its up to you if you want to worry or not, but try to not let it get too far under your skin, ok?"  

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:15 pm
Mo looked briefly affronted by the accusation that he had been spooked, but he still kept his mouth shut. He had plenty he could have said, like tackling a problem head on wasn't a problem so much as cryptic suggestion that there was a problem to be tackled. It had a manipulative feel that neither of them probably realized.. though maybe Aoife did.

Actually, watching them argue now, Aoife made the pair of them more disturbing, not less. That she was so calm and in control made the situation somehow more unsettling. When she apologized and suggested he not get too worried, he weighed again the risk of speaking.

If he didn't ask, would he spend his time wondering? What was the worst case scenario that he could imagine? The Pridelands wasn't vulnerable like his home had been, but that didn't mean there weren't other dangers to it. He didn't really have the experience to say what could happen here.

So..

"If there's a problem, this isn't the way to handle it," he offered, looking first at Vitha but speaking to the both of them. If they weren't crazy, and he wasn't convinced they weren't, they ought to know this wasn't going to work.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:29 pm
Though it was Vitha's fault that this male was dragged into the conversation, she was ready to exit it. This wasn't productive to what she wanted to do, which was to hopefully pa enough respect to this negative god to have it pass over the Pridelands with nothing changing. Instead, she was feeling like this seer Aoife was just complicating everything. Why did she have to find out about Vitha's little project anyway?

"If you're going to say report it to the council and the king, they won't do anything," Vitha said with an exhaustive done. "I tried that. They just gave me the smile and nod treatment, and said they would discuss it. If you ask me, that's all the council does. Discuss things to death without actually doing anything."

Aoife scoffed. "So? Its more productive than scaring everyone around you! Vitha, I just ask you to think about the bigger picture. What if what you say comes true because you're making everyone worry themselves bald?"

Aoife didn't really answer the male's question, but she agreed that as long as the council knew, then it was in the right hands. No need to do more, unless directed or asked to do so. She was a strong seer, and she had learned as a young cub to not go running off every time she had a bad vision and alert everyone. Most of the time, it was avoidable, or it wasn't as bad as what she saw. Or they were, in the end, a blessing in disguise. Only if she continuously had a vision did it turn out to be more true than others.

And Vitha? Was not known to see into the future at all. All she had was a 'feeling'.

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:48 pm
"Of course they did," Mo said, rolling his eyes and just imagining this exact conversation but with Wahabu in his place. Gramps was a nice guy, but even he'd have to have a limit for how much crazy he could handle. And.. remembering Gramps was more reassuring than anything.

The two lionesses had only said so much to him.. something about wanting respect, it's too quiet and peaceful, everybody will get dragged in.. and it's a problem that can be tackled directly? If that was all the council got, no wonder they brushed her off. But Wahabu was smarter than that, he was a seer as well as a council member.

"Look, I don't want to hear about it," he said, starting with making sure they knew he didn't care so they hopefully wouldn't keep bothering him, "Starting anybody half-way in a conversation won't get you anywhere. Being vague won't help. You're not charismatic enough to be so careless, if you really have a message to spread."

He didn't want to help but if they wanted his opinion, if Vitha wanted his opinion.. she was just doing it all wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:16 pm
Vitha snored. "Fine. Then I'll leave." She had had a few successful conversations about what she felt was coming, but because she couldn't give exact details, she wasn't to be believed. But if a Seer said something, then of course they were to be believed. The bitterness swelled within her heart as she gave the male and Aoife a somewhat polite bow, and walked away. She wasn't going to waste more breath on trying to convince those that refused to listen.

She would try her best to continue her warnings, but clearly she wasn't going to open up herself as she had in the past. The pain of being ridiculed was too much.

Aoife watched the black lioness leave, mixed feelings within her own heart. She was one that wanted everyone to get along, but why couldn't she realize that Vitha was just making everything more complicated with her declarations?

"I'm sorry," she said to the male quietly. "I didn't think she would try to drag someone into the middle of our debate, let alone in such a manner. I am sorry for ignoring you for a time, but I was hoping for her to see things a little more calmly. I fear that isn't the case anymore." She sighed. "As it is, the council is....somewhat aware of what she states, and I believe that is the best course for now."

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:25 pm
Mo'olelo watched Vitha go, unmoved by her bitterness. His feelings weren't hurt and he wasn't going to overthink having hurt her feelings either. If she had something to say, there were better ways to say it and he advised her of that. Aoife stuck around, but she wasn't off the hook either. He gave her a wary look as she apologized.

"Whatever," he said, sighing, "Good luck."

He didn't wait for her to walk off on him too but rather turned to carry on his own way. He definitely needed to find Botros now, maybe he ought to stop wandering around alone for a while. He seemed to be attracting crazy and he really, really didn't like that.

[IC] Pridelands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games