Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Agate Reef (Jack de la Muerte/Halcyon/Sunhilda/Sverre)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

thrivis

Bashful Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:56 am
This is a private role play for Ryghann's Halcyon, StrawberryRoseTea's Jack de la Muerte, and Thrivis' Sunhilda and Sverre. Please do not post unless invited.

Berry and Ryhann's Teepee | Thrivis' Teepee
User ImageUser Image
User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:02 am
=Sverre=
Sverre lead his sister over the ridge that dropped down into a wide basin. The wide bowl-shaped valley spread out in a fan before them, covered in a colorful coral reef. He pointed with one hoof to the reef below. “Here! This is where Del and I saw the agate before.”

He swam down to hover above the coral and the clouds of tiny schooling fish. Beneath the coral was a deep fissure. If one was just passing, you might not have noticed the crack had something special inside. Layers of yellow, red and black agate glittered just barely in the shadow, but Sverre noticed more the longer he looked, like the earth was telling him a rare and precious secret. And there were more secrets where that came from.

He turned to his sister. “We can’t take any stones without disturbing the reef, but it’s beautiful to see, isn’t it? It’s all over the reef, like hidden treasure,” he says brightly. “Maybe there are other stones living under the reef, too.”

He glided over to another valley in the coral, finding another demure galaxy in the shadow of a narrow fissure.

[192]

=Sunhilda=
Sunhilda’s eyes lit up like daybreak when she saw the reef. She was always amazed by the colors of coral and the tropical fish around their beach, but traveling a little for sightseeing was a whole new level to her. She loved how one could go a new direction each day and always see something new.

She followed her twin brother down to the closest cluster to coral, and peered inside the narrow crack. “That’s amazing,” she squeaked, surprising a tiny group of innocent fish. She couldn’t help an unladylike squeal just for a moment. She tamed her excitement just as quickly. “It’s a shame we can’t bring any stones back to Thurga. He’d go bananas! But it is a marvelous land mark!”

She followed him over to the next crevice, peering inside and watching the dim ocean light sparkle across the unique stone inside. She swam ahead of him, finding two more narrow cracks with a subtle light show for anyone that knew where to look. “Del finds such interesting things. I never would have noticed!” She turned to look out across the field of coral. “Do you think we could find amethyst?”

[194]

StrawberryRoseTea

Ryghann

I hope all that and the setting are okay. whee  

thrivis

Bashful Cultist

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:37 am
User ImageJack raced through the water, every so often glancing back over his shoulder. Not only did he want to make sure that the angry shark was falling behind but also that his new pal Halcyon was keeping up. Admittedly he probably shouldn't have tricked him into going shark baiting but he needed someone else there to be able to prove he had insulted one of the big beasts and lived to tell of it.

He couldn't help but laugh at the thought of the look on the shark's face when he had commented on its teeth looking dull and its breath being bad. It really was all in good fun but some people were just so sensitive.

Once he was sure they had put enough distance between them and the insulted, Jack began looking for someplace to lie low for a bit. Ah! There! Just ahead he could see a dip in the coral. He swooped over the edge and peeked back in the direction from which he had come. He, of course as was typical Jack nature, hadn't noticed the two Mer that already occupied the basin.

"Here Haly!" he yelled to his companion. "This looks like a good spot!"

:201

Ryghann

Thrivis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:25 pm
User ImageSometimes Halcyon didnt even know why he hung around with this devil-may-care, adventure seeking, thrill fish! Maybe he felt like there was a sense of duty to keep jack out of trouble, reminding Hal of his brother that he lost. Maybe it was the light in his eyes that always thirsted for exploration, maybe it was the way Jack spoke. Whatever it was Halcyon wanted to be around jack even if he risks life and tailfin in the process!

Halcyon still couldnt believe that he would let himself be tricked into such a risky task but he was determined to get them both our alive. He pumped his fins as fast as they would let him swim and overheard his companion finding a suitable spot.

The opalescent stallion made it over the edge and noticed two brightly colored Mers very nearby. Hal had a feeling Jack didnt even notice their existence being how he was, so being polite he flitted his way over to them. "Well hello there! What brings you to this area of the sea?" He said quite politely to them. "Jack get over here and be polite.." He coughed at the other male.

WC:196

StrawberryRoseTea

Thrivis

Ryghann

Romantic Krampus

11,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100

thrivis

Bashful Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:53 am
=Sunhilda=
Sunhilda turned around when she heard the first seathi shout at his friend. Before she could ask herself just what the heck was going on, she saw the next seathi dash over the ridge after him. She smiled wide. Other soquili! A better surprise than stones, for sure.

She politely regarded the well-mannered seathi as he drew closer. “Oh, oh. Hi!” She said brightly. She launched right into people-meeting mode. “What a pleasant surprise to find we aren’t alone out here. My name is Sunhilda, but everyone calls me Sunny. And this is my brother, Sverre!” She did a little dolphin-like twirl in graceful excitement. She continued, talking a little too much and a little too fast. “We had come to see the gemstones beneath the coral, it’s beautiful! I’m sorry we interrupted, we didn’t know someone was playing a game here. We can leave if we’re in the way. Or...” She gave a little hair flip. “We could play too,” she said sweetly. She had hoped to sound challenging, but really it sounded like she was asking permission.

[186]

=Sverre=
“Uh, no no!” Sverre interrupts, giving Sunny a not-so-subtle bump. “I really don’t think what they were doing was a game, Sun.” Sverre immediately noted how out of breath the seathi were. He also noticed the look on the glowing one’s face when he first appeared - annoyed relief perhaps? He’s pretty sure he’s made that face before, himself. Quite possibly for similar reasons.

“Anyway... we live by the beach in the cove less than half a league west of here,” he says pleasantly. “It’s sheltered and safe there, if you, uh...” He glanced back up at the edge of the ridge, half expecting to see someone, or something, else join them at any moment. “...if you need a break from ‘playing.’” He’d never been eager for fighting but was able to hold his own in a scuff if necessary. He leaned in a little closer to the opalescent seathi and whispered nervously. “Should we uh... run interference??” If there was danger nearby, he’d rather deal with that first and then get down to friend-makery.

[184]

StrawberryRoseTea

heart heart heart
Ryghann

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:49 pm
User ImageOnce he was sure that they had lost the shark Jack turned away from his spot at the edge of the little ridge.
"I think we lost 'im!" He declared proudly. That was when he noticed the two Mers. They didn't seem like a bad sort, he decided as he watched his opally friend make nice with them. He swam over curiously, just in time to catch the introductions and invite to their home.

"Nice to meet you Sunny. Sverre." he cut into the conversation giving a nod to the more serious of the two and a smile to the bubbly mermare.
"I don't think that's necessary." He responded to Sverre's question to Halcyon. "I think we're done with our, uh, game for now." He again gave Sunny a bright smile. "Sorry you missed out on this one but, maybe next time you can play."

He gave another glance in the direction from which he kept expecting to see the shark and when it was still clear he relaxed a bit more. "I'm pretty sure we don't need to leave just yet but maybe later we could take you up on the invite. Did I hear something mentioned about gemstones?" He looked around as if he expected there to be boulders of gems just laying around. He gave Hally a small fin bump to indicate that he was interested in seeing what these two might have to offer in the way of entertainment and possibly friendship. It wasn't uncommon for Jack to move quickly from one of his daring stunts to another adventure and this mention of gems had piqued his interest.

:272

Ryghann

Thrivis

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Ryghann

Romantic Krampus

11,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:56 pm
User Image Immediately Hal noticed the mermare was quite fetching in her appearance, smiling sweetly at her. He was always a sucker for a pretty face, even if he usually did find inner beauty first, "Sunny" had alot of outer beauty to go with her glowingly refreshing personality. The Opalescant seathi made eye contact with her brother who seemed, like hal himself, to be the one who kept the other out of much trouble. He nodded to the male in greeting hoping they could get along in the future.

Before Hal could even respond he was mowed over by Jacks lovingly overbearing personality. Hal was used to this and thought of Jack as the brother he never had, or lost, or needed.....Whatever it was he yearned for his company and felt his duty to protect and serve this young stallion in his crazy adventurous and usually dangerous ways.

WC:146

StrawberryRoseTea

Thrivis

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:46 pm
=Sverre=
Sverre smiled warmly at the two, relieved to hear he was wrong to suspect a scirmish would develop. “I’m glad, and we’re glad to meet you!” Sverre’s wariness of the two faded into nothing as everyone relaxed. He had to admit he found Jack a little intimidating at first, sensing he was energetic and a little reckless, but his ears perked as Jack mentions the gemstones again. He beamed brightly at Jack, happy and proud to share his discovery with more people. “Jack, was it? So you like gemstones, do you,” he teased Jack a little before telling him all about it.

“Well this reef has a secret. A big one! The reef lives on top of a huge deposit of crystal and stone. Agate, to be precise.” He did tend to get a little verbose when it came to fancy rocks. “There are cracks in the ground where you can see the solid stone. Long walls of agate, stretching who knows how far down! We haven’t found any loose stones, though. The cracks here are too narrow, and the coral’s too dense to really get into. But we were going to search around for more cracks that might be easier to get to and won’t disturb the coral or the fish living here. In fact...” He smiled at Jack, suspecting he’ll like this next idea since it could wind up a little dangerous if it were true. “I’m kind of hoping this reef is sitting on top of a... like, giant geode! There juuuust might be a whole cavern underneath us.”

[262]

=Sunhilda=
“We were admiring the stone below right here before you arrived,” she said to the pair. “I think I heard Jack called you Haly, yes?” Sunhilda said politely, regarding the iridescent seathi again. She found his gentle glow charming, and wondered what sort of environment he came from. “I bet with your glow, you might get a better look at them,” Sunny said to Hal before swimming down. She swam down along the narrow crack in the basin floor, careful not to bump the coral on either side growing on the edges.

She looked at the coral all around her, at the fish that called that reef home. “We can’t break any out of there, it’s just too dangerous and could hurt the fish and coral. If what my brother says about it being hollow below us, we could even collapse the basin here,” she said, a little sad. The idea that they could collapse the whole reef if they weren’t careful was tragic to her. She brightened back up, remembering they’re not done searching. “But we haven’t explored too much yet. And if there’s a whole cavern underneath us like Sverre thinks... well I’m sure four determined explorers like us can figure out a way in, right?”

[208]

StrawberryRoseTea

Ryghann

thrivis

Bashful Cultist

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:28 pm
User Image
Jack looked back and forth between the siblings as they spoke, his eyes going wide at the mention of what they could possibly be sitting on at that moment. The idea of exploring to find out if it really was true appealed greatly to his sense of adventure.
"Weeeelllll, now that Hally and I are done with our "game" we don't really have anything else to do. Right Hally?" He side bumped his friend. "It would be awesome to explore for this cavern!" The idea had lodged itself in his mind and he was just sure that it had to be true. He eyed the crack for possibilities.
"With my and Hally's small size we just might be able to find one big enough to wedge ourselves down into. Of course that would leave you two behind which is unacceptable. But maybe we can take a peek down lower and see if any open up more and come back for you." The little orange Seathi had a tendency to verbalize his thought processes aloud without shame.

The idea firmly wedged in his thick head, Jack swam close to the crack and began following it assuming the others would follow him. Thick as he tended to be he did notice that not damaging the reef seemed important to his new friends, as he had already confidently deemed them in his mind, so he agilely dodged the coral and fishes.
"I never would have considered that just chipping pieces of the stone out would have caused harm." He was verbalizing his thoughts again. "Had I come across it myself I would have just taken a piece. Guess you learn something new all the time." As he swam and talked his eyes never left the crack, looking for just the right opening. "Anybody else see anything?"

WC: 303

Ryghann

Thrivis
Sorry it took so long to get that reply in. sweatdrop Though even if it takes me while to get back I usually don't abandon RP <3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:31 pm
=Sunhilda=
Sunhilda darted away from her twin without hesitation and immediately followed Jack. She didn’t exactly have poor impulse control, but she was thrilled to finally meet someone that wasn’t quite so cautious all the time. “If there’s a way in, we’ll find it!” She scanned the narrow fissure in the coral, seeing the stone sparkle in the shadows. “Let’s hope it doesn’t come down to you two wiggling into a small creepy place, huh?” she said. “I don’t know what I’d do if one of you were hurt and we could not reach to help.”

She nodded seriously when Jack mentioned what harm could be done if they were careless with the stone. “It’s very true! Small actions can have big consequences. In fact, Sverre and I are here in the ocean because of such a thing. Someone neglected a campfire a long time ago, and it got out of control. It tore apart the dam that kept the lake we’re from in balance. We were swept away from our home in our shells.” She wasn’t sad as she spoke about it. She learned a lot and had wonderful people in her life because of that event. She had always wondered how life would have been like if the lake was never washed away, but she never had any regrets. She knew the struggle made her strong , and the ocean showed her a freedom she had never dreamt of. If the price of that endless freedom was respecting those there before you, she was glad to pay it in spades. “Everyone is responsible for respecting the land and water we travel. Our mentors like to say, ‘we are guests everywhere we go.’ It’s true isn’t it?”

[287]

StrawberryRoseTea
Dude don’t even trip lol - RL can be bananas and I think Ryg said you both had that scary flu?? gonk hope things are going better lately!! - wasn’t sure if I should wait for Ryg so I had Sverre hang back I guess lol

Ryghann

thrivis

Bashful Cultist

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas