Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Miscellaneous Threads
What's your 2018 Cosplay and Convention Plans

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:10 pm
Greetings Fellow Guild Members,

With a New Year ahead of us I'm curious as to what everyone's plans are for the year. Please let us know about new Cosplay Outfits that you are going make or older ones that you are going to wear again. Also let us know about what conventions you are going to.

In addition to posting your plans here don't forget to post about specific Conventions that you are going to in the Convention Region Sub Forums.

This is a topic worth posting to. Sometimes you can find out that other Guild Members are either Cosplaying the same character that you are or another character from the same series that you are. So check this thread often to find out!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:33 pm
I'm so ready for next con season. Here's the plan for me personally!

New Cosplays
Gonta Gokuhara from Danganronpa
Tsuyu Asui (Casual ver) from Boku no Hero Academia/My Hero Academia
Toko Fukawa from Danganronpa
Hanayo Koizumi (Angelic Angel ver) from Love Live!
Clover Field (999 ver.) from the Zero Escape series
Pidge Gunderson from Voltron: Legendary Defender (?)

Bringing Back
Kazuichi Souda from Danganronpa
Frisk from Flowerfell AU (Undertale) (?)
Asriel Dreemurr from Undertale (?)

Conventions
Anime Central
QC Anime-zing  

SukiRikko

Friendly Shapeshifter

8,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Junior Trader 100

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:07 am
I'm going to be doing a lot of sewing this winter break.

Con and Events Plans
Radcon- Pasco, WA, President's Day weekend
Sakuracon- Seattle, WA, Easter Weekend
Kuroneko Con- Spokane, WA, August 3-5
Ye Merrie Greenwood Faire- Kennewick, WA, Late September

Cosplay Sewing Plans
Princess Zelda- Twilight Princess, Boyfriend will be my Link.
Jafar- Aladdin, Gender Bend
Elsa- Frozen, Ice Queen
Genkai- Yu Yu Hakusho, Young version
Renge- Ouran High School Host Club
Princess Peach- Mario Series, Boyfriend will be Mario
Medieval Merchant- Be making additional pieces for this mostly done costume.
Steampunk- Additional Steampunk pieces.
Fantasy- Additional Fantasy related pieces.

Other Possible Costumes
Yamuraiha- Magi
Lolita Pieces
Kero- Kigu, Card Captor Sakura

Come-Back Costumes
Konan-Naruto, Akatsuki outfit
Mirajane- Fairy Tail

Possible Cons
Lilac City Comic Con- Spokane, WA, June 2-3
Spocon- Spokane, WA, August 10-12
MidColumbia Pirate Fest- Kennewick, WA, Mid-October
Central City Comic Con- Yakima, WA, Mid to Late-October
Kumori Con- Portland, OR, October 26-28  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:11 pm
Eeeeee I'm so excited for 2018 >u<

Nothing is 100% set in stone, but the plan is Jakob (maids/butlers group!), Leo (armor whoot!), and Sakura all from Fire Emblem: Fates for Anime Midwest. May or may not be attending Daisho Con again, and will likely be at Con+Alt+Delete again. Had plans for Anime Central at one point, but that kind of fell through. ;; We were also tossing around the idea of attending Geek Kon as artists, but we'll have to see on that one. I don't have any real cosplay goals/plans yet aside from the ones for Midwest. xD;  

Absolutiones

Evolved Bunny

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:32 pm
I am a bit late in announcing my 2018 cosplay plans, especially since I just went to my first con of 2018 a few weekends ago, but here goes nothing.

gaia_star A Taste Of Animethon 2018
- Has just been passed.
- It's my first ATOA and my first con of 2018.
- Cosplays:
~ Noctis (with new wig & more makeup to portray in-game Noctis instead of anime Noctis)
~ Lunafreya (more makeup, including glue stick method to make my dark eyebrows blond colored)

gaia_star Calgary Expo 2018
- Maybe? If I go, it'll be for POW! Parade Of Wonders only.
- Cosplay (TBA between):
~ Lunafreya
~ Noctis
~ Reno

gaia_star Otafest 2018
- For sure, going.
- Panels: I submitted two FFXV panels (one trivia; one in character style), so I hope they get approved.
- Cosplays:
~ female Riku (KH2)
~ Master Ira (Currently, in the works by my grandma, who is making the outfit, and my friend, who is making the mask/helmet & brooch/beads part.)
~ Noctis
~ Sora (KH2) or Reno

gaia_star Animethon 25
- Maybe?
- Cosplays (TBA between):
~ female Riku (KH2)
~ kid Noctis (Maybe incubus kid Noctis, if I get the little horns. This is based on Numi's AU art.)
~ Lunafreya
~ Noctis
~ Reno

gaia_star Other Cosplays May Or May Not Be Worked On:
~ female Cloud (FFVII:AC) - I recently finished making the apron and most straps for it. Everything is finished, except for the armor shoulder part.
~ Kari (Digimon Tri.)
~ kid Noctis (FFXV | FFXV: Brotherhood) - I recently finished the hoodie vest. Everything is finished or obtained, except for the wig and Carbuncle.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:56 pm
anime los angeles
exodia the forbidden 1

sakuracon
no cosplay plans

anime expo
-secret cosplay-
If I get in shape in time, might do jecht from final fantasy 10

other cons that are a maybe so far are wondercon, pacific media expo, e3 and playstation experience  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Snort Like A Pig

IRL Noob

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:41 am
C2E2 and ACEN!!! it's gonna be my first time going to C2E2 so i'm really excited! my sister has been convincing me to go for years but i finally just decided to go this year (: i'm gonna be cosplaying as fallout 4's vault dweller.

i've been going to acen for a pretty long time now but it's always fun 'cuz it's a once in a year type of thing. gonna be justine and caroline from persona 5 with my cousin whee  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:38 am
KayaLing
I am a bit late in announcing my 2018 cosplay plans, especially since I just went to my first con of 2018 a few weekends ago, but here goes nothing.

- Has just been passed.
- Cosplays:
~ Noctis (with new wig & more makeup to portray in-game Noctis instead of anime Noctis)
~ Lunafreya (more makeup, including glue stick method to make my dark eyebrows blond colored)

- Cosplay (TBA between):
~ Lunafreya
~ Noctis
~ Reno

gaia_star Otafest 2018
- For sure, going.
- Panels: I submitted two FFXV panels (one trivia; one in character style), so I hope they get approved.
- Cosplays:
~ female Riku (KH2)
~ Master Ira (Currently, in the works by my grandma, who is making the outfit, and my friend, who is making the mask/helmet & brooch/beads part.)
~ Noctis
~ Sora (KH2) or Reno

gaia_star Animethon 25
- Maybe?
~ female Riku (KH2)
~ kid Noctis (Maybe incubus kid Noctis, if I get the little horns. This is based on Numi's AU art.)
~ Lunafreya
~ Noctis
~ Reno

~ female Cloud (FFVII:AC) - I recently finished making the apron and most straps for it. Everything is finished, except for the armor shoulder part.
~ Kari (Digimon Tri.)
~ kid Noctis (FFXV | FFXV: Brotherhood) - I recently finished the hoodie vest. Everything is finished or obtained, except for the wig and Carbuncle.

UPDATE FOR OTAFEST 2018:
- For sure, going.
- Panels: Both of my FFXV panels are approved! cat_3nodding
- Cosplays:
~ Noctis for two days
~ Master Ira for one day (My friend is still in the process of making the mask/helmet & brooch/beads part. The outfit has been completed already by my grandma, except that the dye job that I did on the skirt didn't turn out the way I wanted, so I'm remaking the skirt by using actual blue fabric instead of trying to dye fabric blue.)

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:36 pm
☯★

Hey! I haven't had the chance to post in a while. I'm super excited to see everyones' cosplays! This year I am going to FanExpo Toronto. I most likely won't be someone new, but I'm going to be BlackCat from Spider-Man again! I recently updated my outfit and got a more realistic wig, so I am excited about that! I am also planning on going to ComicCon Toronto- if I do, then maybe I will be Black Cat and Yoko Littner (Gurren Lagann) or a female version of Grey from FairyTail! We'll see! Hopefully it happens- I missed them last year because of work.

★☯

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:45 pm
KayaLing
KayaLing

- Has just been passed.
- Cosplays:

- Cosplay (TBA between):
~ Lunafreya
~ Noctis
~ Reno

gaia_star Otafest 2018
- For sure, going.
- Cosplays:
~ female Riku (KH2)
~ Noctis
~ Sora (KH2) or Reno

gaia_star Animethon 25
- Maybe?
~ female Riku (KH2)
~ Lunafreya
~ Noctis
~ Reno

~ Kari (Digimon Tri.)

UPDATE FOR OTAFEST 2018:
- For sure, going.
- Panels: Both of my FFXV panels are approved! cat_3nodding
- Cosplays:
~ Noctis for two days
~ Master Ira for one day (My friend is still in the process of making the mask/helmet & brooch/beads part. The outfit has been completed already by my grandma, except that the dye job that I did on the skirt didn't turn out the way I wanted, so I'm remaking the skirt by using actual blue fabric instead of trying to dye fabric blue.)

ANOTHER UPDATE!
So, I did end up going to POW! Parade Of Wonders this past Friday as Noctis. The weather was pretty warm compared to last year, too. You bet I made the 'Man, it's hot.' comment to a Gladio that I found to walk in the parade with. :3

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Miscellaneous Threads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers