Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] As the Heart Dips and Soars (Mocha and Osmond)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PGMizuchu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:27 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mocha stared forlornly at the clear blue skies that seemed to mock her mood of utter despair. She was lonely. She felt abandoned. What colors she used to see were far too bland; what joy she used to have had dissipated. The trees that surrounded her in this all too dull forest could not shelter her as they used to. The grass beneath her hooves no longer tempted her with their sweet lush. The only thing she saw any longer were simply the tree roots that looked like her heart: gnarled and messy, threatening injury. She was already beyond injury. Her closest daughter, Mei Xiu, had left on a long adventure long ago, pursuing experiences that Mocha once dreamed of. Now, though, the ensuing sadness and pain that enveloped her mind was all she knew. Her former love had all but abandoned her. Her gentle nature could only continue asking without end: why?

She now ate because she knew she didn’t want to die, although Mocha felt she had already died. The only reason she kept herself alive at all was for the sake of her daughter Mei Xiu. She knew that someday her Mei Xiu would return to regale her with tales of adventure. But the thought was fleeting. Her mind churned over and over, struggling to find an answer. What had she done wrong? Where did she make the wrong decision? She missed her parents. She hadn’t seen her father Nipper nor her mother Nora in a long, long time. She had long ago lost her way, endlessly wandering this forest that tried its best to comfort her to no avail. The sunlight that she used to delight in no longer warmed her heart. Without warning, Mocha found herself letting loose a loud, hoarse sound. She didn’t realize it was her until she noticed the sound pierced her own ears, so close to the source.

Tears flowed like streams down her cheeks. She grieved and grieved and yet she could not find solace. No matter where she looked, forward, back, side to side, she felt like she was in an endless maze. The beautiful weather continued to mock her. As the sound of her wail disappeared into the darkest shades of the trees, the strength of her emotion felled her. Mocha dropped to the ground. Only this; deep in her heart she only wished for reprieve from the utter desperation and despair. She wanted to be happy again. She wanted to truly live. But the surface emotions continued to impale her heart like sharp rocks. Mocha continued to sob quietly, wings sagging. She didn’t enjoy flying anymore. Her first love had taught her to fly. She loved to fly. She had loved flying with her first love even more. But now he was gone; long gone. He probably had a mate now; deeply in love, and not with her. Mocha shut her eyes. She didn’t want to see the beauty of the nature around her. It’s allure did not give her peace. The bushes felt like they would enclose her forever. The tree branches seemed only to stretch out to impede her. Mocha’s tears continued.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:18 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Osmond was out on patrol, having decided to do so from the air so that he could get a better view. He wanted to make sure the Odakota herd was as protected as it could be, though he was glad that he wasn't alone in that task. In fact, he always thought anyone who tried to mess with their land would be stupid. After all, they had a charmed walker and some other tough personalities. He knew one of Hollow's kids were a menace, but he still felt they could even deal with her too. Especially when he was around, though there were times he had to check on the part of their herd that were in the mountains. Luckily, however, he trusted the other protectors to deal with any threats that came up when he did. For now, he could stay with the main part of the herd, so it wasn't a concern for him at the moment.

The starry Angeni had just been debating heading back to the meadow that served as the main hub, when a noise caught his attention. Flicking his ears in that direction, he realized that it was sobbing. The sound was so heart wrenching that his heart moved with pity for whoever was making it. He had to investigate, though he was pretty sure it was not one of the herd. Osmond was the kind that would always try to help where he could, herd member or not. He quietly descended into an opening in the trees, before landing gracefully on the ground. Once he had, he quietly made his way to where he heard the sound. It didn't take him long to find a mare hidden among the trees, pouring her heart out.

"Excuse me, miss, is there something I can help you with? I heard your cries as I was scouting the area and it sounded so heartbreaking. I would hate to think such a beautiful mare would be suffering something to make sure a sound,"he spoke politely.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PGMizuchu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:19 pm
The sound of the male’s voice caused Mocha to flinch. She hadn’t expected anyone to find her, let alone discover her in her moment of agony. She opened her eyes slowly, blinking away the remnants of tears. It wouldn’t do for her to cry so openly in front of a stranger. He had caught her at the most inopportune moment. As her blurry vision of tears began to clear, she couldn’t help the gasp that released from her. She had not expected such a beautiful creature to appear before her. He dazzled her eyes so much that Mocha was sure she was hallucinating. Was she imagining a savior in her pitiful woes? He was far too beautiful to be real. She chuckled quietly, the wry tone making her wince. She was dreaming. She was fantasizing and had come up with a stallion so much more majestic than her past love to overcome the pain. That had to be it. This was, she decided, in no way true reality. Her voice came out raspy although the irony was not lost upon her. She would humor her imagination. “Why hello there,” she greeted, not bothering to stand. “Thank you for the compliment. You’re quite the handsome one yourself.”

She tilted her head. She figured he would disappear the moment she spoke, but lo and behold, he did not. She blinked again. Surely he was just a figure of her imagination? “I... I don’t know that you can help me, exactly,” she ventured, looking away shyly. If he was real, she was embarrassed and now she was stuck. She wasn’t sure if she should run. That wouldn’t be polite or nice. The fact that another Soquili had approached her stunned her as it was. She had been long isolated, having no home. The human that had cared for her wasn’t around, and she had lost her sense of direction to return to the human long ago. It was possible that she just refused to fly in the skies that she still longed for, but Mocha pushed such a thought away. “Um... I’m so sorry, I never introduced myself,” she finally said, turning to look at the breathtaking stallion. “My name is Mocha. I, ah, I didn’t realize I was so close to a herd. My apologies for intruding; I... I have no idea where I am.”

She realized the statement was true in the literal sense and the mentality. She was lost. The stallion was still there after all her words, so he had to be real after all. Mocha felt ashamed and embarrassed all at once. “I am so sorry, it’s not right for someone like you to see me in such a state.” She found that she had no strength in her legs—or even her wings—to move, and her state of embarrassment overwhelmed her despair for a moment. Mocha wanted the ground to open up and swallow her. She wanted to hide and run away from everything, and such a sparkling stallion as the one before her didn’t deserved to see her in such misery. That he offered to help was enough to shock her back into reality; that he bothered to see how she fared was amazing. Mocha stared at the ground, trying to will it to rise and eat her.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:18 am
Osmond was not surprised when a gasp came from the mare, it wasn't the first time he had elicited such surprise from others. Since he sparkled like the night sky, many had been breathless when meeting him. He gave the other a chance to gather herself, wondering what had happened for her to be so heart broken. He wouldn't push her telling him though, feeling it was proper to let her tell her story if and when she was ready. When she finally spoke, a gentle smile crossed his muzzle and he dipped his head politely to her.

"You are very welcome, it looked like you could use a kind word or two to lift your spirit. Much appreciated for your own kind words, hopefully you will find me just as handsome on the inside,"he replied calmly to her. When she spoke about not knowing how he might be able to help, he wasn't too worried. He had a feeling that something great was weighing down on the beauty, so he felt confident something would be revealed. As she introduced herself, he committed her name to memory. Then she apologized for intruding and he could see how lost she seemed to be. He carefully walked over to where she was, draping one of his top wings over her back.

"You are fine, Soquili and familiars from all over have come upon these lands. We have taken in all kinds, given them a place to call home and/or to recover from their wounds. I am sure my friends would not mind you being here for a little while. Please, do not worry about me seeing you cry, Mocha. Everyone must grieve at times, tears do not scare me off at all. Just know, if you need an ear, I am here,"he explained.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PGMizuchu

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:09 pm
When she had first laid eyes on him, she thought the wind had bowled her over. But when he smiled, Mocha felt both awed and ashamed. Why on earth would such a majestic creature want to help her so badly... and why now? “I... uh...” she began, stuttering to a stop. His smile had gone to her head a little. She was heartbroken, yes, but that didn’t mean Mocha couldn’t appreciate such a handsome stallion despite her woes. She just felt utterly lost for words when the stallion draped his wings over her. All at once, Mocha felt a rush of several emotions that blew right through her.

She was ecstatic at the first feeling of touch from another being in such a long time. His touch told her she wasn’t alone anymore, at least physically. Then despair washed over her again as she knew it would only be a temporary companionship. Excitement danced at the edges of her mind as she allowed herself a brief reprieve to think of future possibilities she had thought closed to her. Then painful agony made her squash that sliver of her hope, and she wanted to weep again. However, with the stallion’s presence, she found herself obtaining a new strength, though she fought it with yet a stronger denial.

“You... ah... I...” she tried again, still at a loss for words. She realized suddenly he didn’t introduce himself. That! She grasped onto the single, simply thought in true desperation. She didn’t want to admit that she might start acting clingy to someone who had finally opened a helping hoof to her. Just ask his name, she scolded herself. His name, yes, just a simple question. Just say it, Mocha, you grown mare! She silently screamed at herself. She cleared her throat, for it felt as if a stone had lodged itself there. “I... er... thank you. What’s your name?” She wanted to hide her head in her wings. She had been far more eloquent and elegant in her initial reaction to him.

She kept it to herself that she blamed him for being too beautiful for his own good.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:03 am
Osmond waited as the mare seemed lost in her own thoughts, only managing a stutter at first. It was alright, if she was at a loss for words, then he would be patient for her to find them once more. It seemed she had a lot to think of, so he stood beside her, continuing to give her quiet comfort. He would allow her to sort through her thoughts and feelings, speak when she felt ready. It was obvious that she had been through a lot and it might take awhile for her to trust others. That was fine, he had seen all kinds that came through the herd's lands and those even part of the herd. Everyone had their own things to deal with and he was sure this mare was no different. If there was one thing he knew how to be, it was being patient and understanding. When she finally spoke again, he mentally kicked himself at her simple question. How in the world had he forgotten to introduce himself, he is usually pretty good at that.

"First of all, you are very welcome, though no thanks is needed. I was more than happy to give what assistance I could. Also, I will be happy to help in anyway you need me to do so as well. Now as for my name, apologies for my lapse in manners. My name is Osmond, one of the protectors of the Odakota Herd,"he replied.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PGMizuchu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:17 am
"Osmond," she repeated, trying to commit his name to memory. She took a deep breath and then asked a question that had been nagging and nagging and nagging at her for the past few minutes. "You're so kind, Osmond," she began, "I have... I have to ask... why are you helping a stranger like me?" She hoped it was because he honestly did it out of his own goodness of heart, and she couldn't help but feel a little happy for that. "Especially because you're a protector of a herd..." She trailed off, realizing that she didn't belong to any herd at all. Since Osmond was a stranger and didn't know her circumstances that well, she decided it would be okay to spill all her troubles to him.

"Many thanks should be given to one such as you," she reiterated. "I... I am despairing because the first love of my life left me, taking my daughter with him. We had two daughters together, but my one day, Mei Xiu, has left on a long journey, and I haven't seen her in a long time." She paused and looked down a moment, trying to compose her emotions to continue speaking calmly. It did help that she could spill her secrets that she had kept to herself for oh so terribly long. "Excuse me, I am sorry to tell you these things... I suppose you could say I'm just feeling rather sorry for myself, but I had nowhere and no way to let out my frustrations, so I simply... I simply wandered." She forced herself to her hooves, wings slightly drooping.

She couldn't even find it in herself to fly away. Mocha tried for a polite smile towards Osmond. "I am quite sorry I wandered so close to your herd, Osmond, but I can assure you I meant no harm." She couldn't help the wry smile that played truthfully on her lips. "I shall take my leave so I'm no longer a bother." She didn't want to leave, though. Osmond had offered her silent comfort in a time of great emotional need, but she felt like she was intruding in a territory that was obviously well-protected.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:25 pm
Osmond allowed a smile to grace his muzzle at her question, was she not used to others helping her? Obviously she had not run into the right Soquili if she had to ask why someone would go out of their way to help. To him, it was just something he liked doing, especially when it seemed that another needed it.

"As long as someone means no trouble, than I enjoy being of help to anyone I come across. I could see in your form that you were not doing well, so I figured you could use a listening ear. So do not worry about it, I like doing things that can be of assistance to others,"he answered. He was thinking of what else to tell her, when it seemed he was in for a surprise. It seemed she was explaining what had brought her out this way. His eyes softened as he listened about how she had been wandering, after her love left her with a daughter and the other went off on her own. Well, that would certainly explain why she was in such despair. He draped his wing over her back again, hoping to offer her a bit of comfort. Trying to think of how to bring words of sympathy to her, it was when he noticed her beginning to get to her feet.

"You really do not have to leave, if you would rather stay here for now. I wouldn't mind the company of such a beautiful mare, if you would be so kind. The only ones you would have to talk briefly to is my alphas, but they will surely welcome you with open wings. And the person who walked out on you is a fool. He did not realize what a gift he was leaving behind,"he told her gently.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces