Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dragon Castle (A Roleplaying Community)

Back to Guilds

We are a guild with heavy emphasis on community and enjoyable roleplaying. Join us and find your place within Dragon Castle! 

Tags: Roleplaying, Fantasy, Community, Writing, Creativity 

Reply Profiles
Mari's Characters

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

YEETED INTO THE ABYSS

Crew

Romantic Gardener

13,125 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Harvest Hazard 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 12:22 am
User Image
❀ ◟ ᴛᴀʙʟᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴄᴏɴᴛᴇɴᴛs 

◦   1   Lacie Aola Shields Eldritch Knight
   ◦   2   Markus Kida Shields Bard of Whispers  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 12:24 am
        User Image

--------------------《The Pieces of Me》-----------------------------------

Hello! My name is Lacie Aola Shields

Some people like to call me General

I am 423 years old, and I am Female

I am 5'8" tall

I identify as Pansexual

I am a half demon half fae ex-soldier

--------------------《This is who I am!》-----------------------------------

Personality
            Many people had first experience Lacie as a soldier. Her front façade makes her seem cool, unfazable, disciplined, and calculating. In a battle, her strong will keeps her constantly oriented on her goals to succeed. No retired from combat and the soldier life, Lacie is still seen as an introverted and disciplined individual, always being proper and formal to those she is not familiar with. She seems to care little about being around others and will often go out of her way to avoid team efforts. The aura of death constantly surrounding her plays a big role into one of her best kept insecurities lying just beneath the surface. Lacie secretly craves friendship, so whenever someone is genuinely unfazed by the sensation of death around her and tries to befriend her, the usually calm soldier turns into a stumbling mess. As a friend, she is overbearingly defensive and nurturing, She will stop at nothing to make sure her friends are properly cared for. Being a tavern keep, she keeps her socializing to other at a minimum, allowing the hired help or her parents to entertain guests.

Powers and Abilities
            Demon Magic: Demon magic is very generalized, and many demons do not master each form of demonic magic. with a master as her trainer, Lacie has excelled in the demonic arts of rotting basic in-enchanted weaponry, as well as blood magic..
            Dark Magic: The magic of the shadows, darkness, hexes, and curses. Lacie specifically uses shadow magic for the sake of espionage, turning herself into a shadow to roam freely.
            Fae Magic: Fae magic is hereditarily managed, in comparison to demon magic. People with fae lineage learn the magic of illusions, light, and invisibility as they do with any other natural reflex. Lacie rarely uses this magic, however, feeling like it's a cheap combat trick and "dirty fighting".
            Elemental Magic: Water, Earth, Fire, Air, and Spirit are the five elements that hold this world together. Being part fae, elemental magic comes very naturally to Lacie. She specifically works with earth.

Items
            Enchanted Claymore: A basic claymore that has been enchanted to be lighter and not fall apart due to magical spells. She had also enchanted it to hide within her shadow to be conjured when the time calls for it to be used.
            Armor: Full battle armor is always carried by Lacie at all times when travelling.
            Formal Attire: A proper soldier knows when the time calls for formal attire.
            Enchanted Dagger: For the small and unexpected battle encounters where a claymore is too much. It has been enchanted in the same way her claymore has.

The History
            Far off in a land distant from Maldria, there waged a war between the two small kingdoms of Lunaris and Solaris, both founded by two sisters long ago whos betrayal led to casualties for centuries. In this war, creatures of all kind were enlisted. Among them, the kingdom of Solaris enlisted a fairy known as Rosaline as a tactician and a powerful demon known as Remus as a war general. Together, they were the two surprising superpowers to bring the war to an end, falling in love in the process. At the end of the war, Remus' powers were sealed, making him a simple immortal. Seeking a peaceful life after centuries of war, the two settled in a land neighboring the Dragon Castle and built a tavern for travelers from all over to rest and be served. They thrived off of the stories of others, and they often shared their own.

Eventually, they decided to have a family, and thus the twins were born. Lacie is the younger of the two, born with her father's hair and mother's eyes. She grew up as a studious little kid, often keeping her head in a book. She was considered friendly in her youth, but due to the social barrier known simply as the aura of death which surrounded herself, her brother, and her father due to their noble demonic blood, she had difficulty making friends. Books were her sole comfort growing up outside of her family, but even that wasn't enough for her. In her books, the heroes were often warriors who would fight to protect those who needed it, even if they weren't always grateful. She aspired to be just like these protagonists one way or another. Getting older and seeing her brother's powers excel, she decided to ask her father to train her in the ways of combat. He happily obliged, and after 30 years of training, Lacie managed to master all there was to battlefield combat. However, she desired to learn more, and after a lot of hesitation, her father told her where she can get the training she sought.

Traveling to an entirely different plane of existence required Lacie to make an oath to stay in the Underworld for 100 years before the door to the modern realm would be open to her again. She went with little hesitation to seek none other than her father's family. Holding the noble demon blood within her, she eventually was welcomed with open arms by her grandfather who simply went by Death. He trained her in the demonic arts and how to use them against opponents. Her 100 years of training were rigorous but rewarding, for when she was finally free to leave, she had surpassed many of her full-blooded demon cousins in skill.

Upon returning to the mortal realm, Lacie became a soldier for the kingdom of Skylaris, quickly climbing the ranks to become the war general just like her father before her. She did well and remained at her post for several decades before deciding to finally return back home to her parents' beloved tavern. The years of guarding mortals eventually made her realize that there are many ways you can help mortals aside from protecting their lives. Simply serving them a warm meal and a place to rest could be more than enough. She is now retired from duty and has taken over her the duty of upkeep for the tavern.

---------------《The One pulling my strings》------------------------------

Merrily Mari

YEETED INTO THE ABYSS

Crew

Romantic Gardener

13,125 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Harvest Hazard 500
  • Conventioneer 300

YEETED INTO THE ABYSS

Crew

Romantic Gardener

13,125 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Harvest Hazard 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 12:26 am
        User Image

--------------------《The Pieces of Me》-----------------------------------

Hello! My name is Markus Kida Shields

Some people like to call me Markus

I am 423 years old, and I am a genderfluid male

I am 6'5" tall

I identify as pansexual

I am a half demon and half fae bard

--------------------《This is who I am!》-----------------------------------

Personality
            Most would describe Markus' outward personality with one word: vain. His egocentric behavior and obsession over superficial appearances are what most people first notice about him. Among both men and women, he is known to be outwardly flirtatious when the situation calls for it, though he often does it solely to save himself from "prickly situations". Outside of the superficial act put on for outsiders, there is more to Markus than the self-confident bard. Above all, he is a scholar and a storyteller, a traveler and a companion. He has a very optimistic and free-flowing sense of reality, willing to let the wind guide him in his travels. He is sure to always record the culture of each place he travels in great detail. While he tries his best to give a non-malicious aura, the natural aura of death which looms over him can cause most to be weary of him. For those who can bare past it, he can be a genuinely loyal friend, and while his travels often leave him alone, he never forgets those friends he makes along his journeys. Regardless of how much time passes, he will always be there for those who he deems as comrades.

Powers and Abilities
            Demon Magic: Demon magic is very generalized, and many demons do not master each form of demonic magic. Considering Markus hasn’t had a teacher in mastering these skills, his magic is very uncontrollable and even chaotic at times. However, he has managed to master teleportation to an extent; he can teleport ten kilometers at a time once every five minutes. He can also do blood magic, though he prefers not to.
            Dark Magic: The magic of the shadows, darkness, hexes, and curses. Again, without a teacher, most of Markus talents are used specifically for entertainment purposes.
            Fae Magic: Fae magic is hereditarily managed, in comparison to demon magic. People with fae lineage learn the magic of illusions, light, and invisibility as they do with any other natural reflex. Due to this, Markus can use this area of magic easily, though yet again his magic is mostly used for entertainment purposes.
            Elemental Magic: Water, Earth, Fire, Air, and Spirit are the five elements that hold this world together. Being part fae, elemental magic comes very naturally to Markus. He specifically works with air.

Items
            Guitar: A basic instrument Markus has basic efficiency in using
            Walking Staff: A simple wooden staff that can be doubled as a weapon, but the quality and shape of it suggests it hasn't done much of the latter.
            Performance Costume: Every great bard requires an even greater costume
            Journal: A hand-bound book full of information Markus has learned in his travels.

The History
            Far off in a land distant from Maldria, there waged a war between the two small kingdoms of Lunaris and Solaris, both founded by two sisters long ago whose betrayals towards the other caused casualties for centuries. In this war, creatures of all kind were enlisted. Among them, the kingdom of Solaris enlisted a fairy known as Rosaline as a tactician and a powerful demon known as Remus as a war general. Together, they were the two surprising superpowers to bring the war to an end, falling in love in the process. At the end of the war, Remus' powers were sealed, making him a simple immortal. Seeking a peaceful life after centuries of war, the two settled in a land neighboring the Dragon Castle and built a tavern for travelers from all over to rest and be served. They thrived off of the stories of others, and they often shared their own.

Eventually, they decided to have a family, and thus the twins were born. Markus, the eldest of the twins, had his mother's hair and father's eyes. He grew up a rough boy, often playing outside and having fun sparring any travelers. When he started actually winning these spars at a very young age, his father Remus began to worry. While his own powers had very well be sealed off as a casualty to the war, the same power flowed through his young and wild son. Rosaline took the matter into her own hands, teaching her son about tact, pacifism, and mercy. While remaining wild at heart, Markus became more studious and calm as he got older.

Upon fully maturing, Markus had already mastered several forms of art, especially dance and singing. He had become fond of his own singing voice, and his parents allowed him to become the main performer of their tavern. It became his joy in life for the majority of his life. He didn't mind the docile life of a tavern keep's son. If anything, it suited his generally sensitive lifestyle. It wasn't until he became older that things began to change for him.

After so many centuries of listening to explorers, Markus finally ached to become one himself. His parents, seeing him finally ready and mature, encouraged him to go off on his own adventures. He decided to do just that, having spent the last century off and about to see far off lands he's only heard and dreamt of. Being the child of two iconic war heroes, the now united kingdom of Skylaris greeted him with welcoming arms in the time he spent there to learn more of his parents. It became an exhilarating journey for Markus, but eventually it became time for Markus to return back home for the sake of being near his family he treasures so dearly. By the time he did, he learned that the land his parents built their tavern on was absorbed into the land known as Maldria. While he has decided to stay back in Maldria, Markus still has ambitions to explore, and he will gladly do so if the opportunity presents itself. For now, he's enjoying his time as a performer again while his twin sister runs the tavern.

---------------《The One pulling my strings》------------------------------

Merrily Mari

Profiles

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff