Reply Naruto Guild
If Naruto was aired on Adult Swim... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alot Change?
  Change what? Meh undies?
  Change? Heck no. Sucky voices still be sucky voices.
  Change? YES. IT'D BE AT LEAST FIVE HUNDRED TIMES BETTER. (Hate to say it lol, I don't think anyone will chose this...idk...)
  *Waves huge flag around* DA SUB ROX!!
View Results

Slurku

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:36 pm
that would be awsome!!! heart  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:43 am

I mention this on my thread "Low on Chakra" to where
I stand on this. If they aired it on Adult Swim they would
most likely have less of a boundry to abide by, allowing
them to keep it as it was rather than destroy its escence.

Just simple things like the kiss.
The music and starts/endings.
The amount of blood allowed to show.
The violence.
Questioning sexuality in Haku.

Everything would have been reconsidered. Hell, if G4
aired it Im sure it would have been just as good. Probably
even showing the japanese version with Subs and making
it even more authentic.

But yeah.
Too late now. XD

Reticence

Maou Neko

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:55 pm
I probaly would still not watch it just because of the voices. Editing for small children can be annoying but for me it is a standable thing. The voices on the other hand, I HATE THEM!! scream  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:53 pm
That would be so cool! They would probably swear and everything! Cuz they don't have to cut out/and or edit some of the parts. xp  

ShadowSpayd

Historical

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:16 pm
i wouldn't really care. it would be harder for me to watch it cuz my mom doesn't let me stay up too late at night even on saturdays >.>" (mostly cuz i pull all nighters). although i don't care for the voices all that much im fine with the current dubbed version. im glad that it was made actually. before you say anything think about this.

if people were on gaia and they live in america and had not heard of naruto. the dub would come out, they would watch it and join a guild on it in gaia. they would then hear about the subbed version, learn where to watch it, and voila we have another naruto fan that watches (most likely) both the subs and the dubs.

now im not saying that it wouldn't be better if it was on adult swim. OHHHH would it be better, im just saying that it's not bad where it is now. ZOMG they edited out blood , cussing, and kissing >.> i say screw it. as long as they kept the story the same (which they would have to) then im fine with it. the fact that people are mad at this and encouraging it scares me a little confused , but it's ok cuz i like that stuff too. blaugh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:47 pm
Yes, the voices would still suck out loud (literally), but the swearing would've stayed, there wouldn't be crappy scene edits, and Desrt Coffin's blood shower would stay pouring down! Really it's a matter of the show being for Teenagers in Japan, but set for 7 years olds boys in America. same thing with One Piece, Tokyo Mew Mew, Dragon Ball, etc.  

Menzeeto

[Gaara]of-the[Sand]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:44 pm
Un. The voice actors are terrible, in my opinion. Actually...yes. They are terrible. They did a good job with some of the characters, but I still think that the original Japanese seiyuus are much more fitting. o_o Plus, the American seiyuus don't get Naruto's screaming and stuff right. D: Adult Swim should be airing Naruto, personally. When you edit a lot of the things that make up a ninja-fighting-adventure show, you just take away the entire plot and feel. stare Yes. I little rant. Ja ne.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:15 pm
i have not seen the japanese show, but im sure even not understanding it would be less painful than hearing believe it twenty f***ing times a half hour! they could cuss more and bleed more. everyone will seem to have 20 gallons of blood. are they releasing the movies in america, cuz ive seen a few parts of those, and i like what i see and hear.  

monkie_the_impaler

Chibi Naru-chan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:04 am
He doesn't say 'Believe it' nearly as much in the anime as he does in Ultimate Ninja. Wow...

About the only voice I'm having trouble with right now is Shino's. It's all nasally and whatnot, whereas in the Japanese he sounded like he was twenty. XD

If it was on AU, they would have probably left most of the cussing in. Though Naruto did cuss at Sasuke once in the game, that could also be a small translation error they let slide. But as the series progresses, they may end up moving it to a later time so they don't have to make as many cuts.

An example would be IGPX, where in the first season there was almost NO cussing, but it was all over the place in the second season. Then they moved it to a later time (very end of the Toonami block).

It all depends on what direction they want to take it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:34 pm
If it was aired on adult swim:
A)a bit more blood(i just realized how much they show edited on the Zabuza bridge fight)
B) more cursing
C) more of the little things like the kiss and a couple extra part.

I personaly like the dub, the voices are ok, and putting it on AS It may or may not have left in the opening/ending theme songs. Although the dubbed ones arent that bad.  

Mr._Stabby

then nika said

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:18 pm
change? YES. IT'D BE AT LEAST FIVE HUNDRED TIMES BETTER. (Hate to say it lol, I don't think anyone will chose this...idk...)
33%
33% [ 16 ]

well your wrong...i choose it......yah its stupid but w/e...most votes haha  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:24 pm
so this is what we all agree on..

1) yes. it would still have the same crappy voices

2) no. they're wouldnt be any scene or beggining and ending edits

if it was on adult swim..

not much ppl care about them voices.....just about scenes and how they say the names....

in adult swim...they tend not to cut scenes out...beginning or end...sometimes.....SOMETIMES....nd they try a little harder to say the names right...a LITTLE....

but even if its better on adult swim...by a little....its still better  

then nika said

Enter New Name Here

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:29 am
on adult swim,

-they dont edit out blood for the little kiddies who cant take it, despite the fact that theyve all seen the bloodiest movies on television anyway, so its not like its something they havent seen before

-they only have 2 repeat 2 commercial breaks, not one every 5 to 10 minutes during the show

-they dont change the outfits of the characters. (they did that in one peice, they have luffy and red vest instead of his t shirt with some number on it. they took away sanjis glasses and they replaced his cig with a lollipop)
3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:05 am
it might be better since adult swim lets people get away with more things  

pinkjingling

Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items