Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[Log] Arts At The Faire (Many- See 1st Post)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:01 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image

[To Be Continued]

((Latonia // Saint Vis))

Please do not post unless invited!

Maxxed Ponies that make appearances (linked where relevant): [Cara Mia Aurum], [Kawah Ijen], [Falmari Aqualonde], [Laiquendi Avallónë], [Sonata Notturno], tbc.
WIPS:
Elentari "El"], [Locke, "Glass"]  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:05 pm
Teleri & Kjell- December 2016

Quote:
Kjell: -flexes ears and goes to work on braiding hair-

Quote:
Teleri: blinks at him in surprise
White Raven Squad: watch in interest

Quote:
Kjell: -looks up at her and blinks shiny eyes at and then coos-
Kjell: -cooing kind of sounds draconic and bird-like at the same time-

Quote:
Teleri: grins at him Well... Hello to you too, I guess? flicks her long tail and folds her wings

Quote:
Kjell: Hello~ sultry voice on accident Sorry.. You have a lot of hair.

Quote:
Teleri: smiles Yes, I suppose I do. Some of my friends try to help me... nods at the sections that are bound with black ties But, it is, still a lot...

Quote:
Kjell: I don't like to be idle.. gives a wide toothy, innocent smile Just a feature my dad passed down to me. flicks tail back and forth

Quote:
Teleri: Well, I imagine not... But surely you don't mean to braid all of it? It might take quite a bit of time. laughs softly

Quote:
Kjell: Oooo I can make candles with that starts harvesting dad's vanilla wax
Ingvar: o___ o

Quote:
Sona: ^.^ supplies the Ren Faire herd with flowers and herbs and has a friend that makes candles with her flowers too
Eteri: watches with interest Hmmm....

Quote:
Kjell: Youhavealotoffriends Teli. looks at the list

Quote:
Teleri: Oh yes, Sorry.. I can stop sending them your way, if you want? smiles faintly

Quote:
Kjell: Ilikepeople.. after a day of braiding collapses beside Teleri and lays head down

Quote:
Teleri: That's good... Hmm.. noses him gently But I think you need a vacation.

Quote:
Kjell: looks up at her with his pretty eyes What do you suggest I do for the vacation?

Quote:
Teleri: gives her bell-like laugh I'll think of something...

Quote:
Kjell: smiles kindly at her laugh. Giving her another wide smile. Keep me in suspense.
Ingvar: Mysontheflirt.

Quote:
Teleri: Is there a better way to be kept? flutters her lashes at

Quote:
Kjell: chuckles lowly
Kjell: -headtilts- I like being kept somewhere a little cool.. naturally emanates heat from his body

Quote:
Teleri: Hmm, I know a cave system with strange little insects that glow like stars.. We could go there...

Quote:
Kjell: perks up and lifts head Oooh? Moves to get up and stretches out, his feathers opening on his tail like a peacock sortof..

Quote:
Teleri: flicks three wings on her one side, fanning him idly Mhmmm. It's, nice... I don't know if they're colors or not... frowns But I can see the light. They might be colorful, too...

Quote:
Kjell: You had me at lights giving her an affectionate smile. For a moment distracted by her wings. He flexes his tiny ones but he hadn't been able to fly since he was a little guy.. Lead the way~

Quote:
Teleri: beams Alright, let's go then... Maybe you'll be happier there. I think it will be cool enough.

Quote:
Kjell: smiles as she beams in happiness and follows her Ooo~

February 2017

Quote:
Teleri: smiles Hello again.

Quote:
Kjell: Hello again~

Quote:
Lai: watches her mother from a distance

Quote:
Kjell: -ears perk at the babin not to far off-

Quote:
Teleri: hums and closes her eyes, letting the rhythmic motion soothe her
Lai: shifts and backs up slightly, staring at the stallion with some misgivings

Quote:
Kjell: -smiles sweetly at the other femme and taps his claws- Would you like me to braid your's next?

Quote:
Lai: shifts slightly Oh... That would be nice, if the curls aren't too troublesome? smiles faintly
Fal: cranes head in to squint and make sure his baby sister is safe
Lai: pushes his face back behind a tree No.

Quote:
Kjell: -looks at Teleri- If you don't mind?

Quote:
Teleri: hums That's fine... heart

Quote:
Kjell: -climbs to height and walks over and lays beside Lai giving her space which is very hard inwardly for the affectionate candle bby and picks up some locks, smoothing them down with his bodily heat.. Smiling faintly- Ehehe.. I am part Suti. -Sheepish smile-

Quote:
Lai: blushes and ducks her head a bit Oh, that's helpful then...

Quote:
Kjell: -braids Tel's hair-

Quote:
Tel: smiles gently at him
Lai: watches her mother and the stylist, grinning

Quote:
Kjell: smiles back You alright doll?

Quote:
Tel: What is the phrase? Ah, 'I will survive', yes? nudges him gently Fine enough, I think.

Quote:
Kjell: nods and then flicks his ears up Anything you want to talk about?

Quote:
Tel: ... do you ever feel like no one at all understands you? Or that those you surround yourself with might hear you speaking but certainly don't listen to what you say?

Quote:
Kjell: pauses and actually thinks about it At some point in my life yes. My father and sister usually where the only ones to understand and I have been in circumstances where they weren't around for me to talk to.. frowns Is the blind fellow not understanding you?

Quote:
Tel: gives him an understanding look Well, you are fortunate at least to have family that understands you. at the mention, she sighs somewhat loudly I... I haven't seen him. At all. In... well, in several moons, really. sniffs quietly

Quote:
Kjell: -moving to lay beside her as he braided he listened to her* I have half a family who understands me. I don't know who my mother is really or my sister who went with her. It was something that bothered him deeply I.. I am sorry. He frowned and gestured that she join him.

Quote:
Tel: Well, I know not my sire... and my mother and sisters are content in a herd that has never felt like home to me. While one of my aunts taught me how to dance and certainly influenced my love of music, I cannot say we interact much beyond that. They do not understand me, and I do not really understand them. she sighs softly and curls beside him, splaying her three sets of wings out over him companionably I do not mean to burden you, of course. I'm sorry, forgive me. There are certainly far more pleasant things to discuss. I trust you have been well?

Quote:
Kjell: You can't leave? He tilted his head. At least he was cute? Well. He never truly did ask her Dance! Oh.. I would like to see that sometime.. When she laid beside him and her wings flopped on him he chuckled sweetly and folded his wing gently so he doesn't bonk them together and hurt both of them I asked what was wrong, don't feel bothersome. I would rather know as much about you as I could potentially Teleri. He straightened his whispy glance now though Lonely. Quite lonely. But good in the end I assume yes..

Quote:
Tel: Not yet... But soon. There are some, obligations I should fill.. she sounded a tad bitter about it, but it couldn't be helped; though his enthusiasm at her dancing made her laugh If you like, I would be happy to. It is one of the things I do well enough to please the herd, I think. Even with just songbirds for music, I can usually manage. she hummed craning her head over to rub her cheek against his You're too kind to me, do you know that? his words made her frown, eyes fixing on him Lonely? Why? I thought you had at least some of your family for company. And you cannot tell me you're not popular, of course!

Quote:
Kjell: frowned softly and nodded Obligations sounds.. hefty. He didn't know what those were like, but he didn't like the sound of it. I think I would like that very much.. I think I owe you a candle.. So maybe we'll trade sometime? A sweet smile spread on his Suti face. When she rubbed up against him he actually blinked a few times. Churring at her lightly, which did sound like a hippogryph but with a hint of dragon I have a family. My sister is there for me but she is also her own being.. And I love my father but I want him to focus on himself and not worry about what Dagna and I are going to do with our lives and having to be a father to us all the time. When they are busy, it can get lonely. Shakes his head Which is ok. It comes in spurts?

March 2017

Quote:
Bosede: You're shiny.. I like shiny.

Quote:
El: smiles Oh, thank you. But you are too? admires her scales Very lovely...
El: slinks around and is admiring Bosede's mane

Quote:
Bosede: -Shifts and makes all pearly colours swim-

Quote:
El: coos in admiration

Quote:
Kjell: -leans slightly towards Teleri and flicks tail-

Quote:
Teleri: smiles slightly and flicks her tail also Hello, pretty bird.

Quote:
Kjell: blushes and flicks his wings Hello beautiful. He didn't know really how to react to her species but it was beautiful to him?

Quote:
Teleri: grins at him I hope you have been well? Decorating your fellow Soquili and the like?

Quote:
Kjell: I have been alright. Better now grins and lowly wags his tail like a dog. Uhm. Sort of. Shrugging I find myself often seeing you the most in my days right now. How about you? Is anything better than it was?

Quote:
Teleri: paws idly at the ground with one hoof and nods faintly Well, I am glad things are improving? Even if it is only 'sort of'? And I do not mean to take up so much of your time... Perhaps I should arrange to have it cut? she tosses her mane and laughs softly Surely someone must know how. As for the rest of it, I have been alone or with my children. So... I am not sure we could say much has changed.

Quote:
Kjell: Claws clatter against the ground and he shrugs I don't think if you cut it, it would change my mind on spending time with you. Nodding lightly Has Morrow come to his senses then, my friend? Eyes sadden Alone? oh dear. I will have to come around a bit more then!

Quote:
Teleri: Well, it would be less work for you to braid when you to see me, anyway? she shrugs with one set of her wings, flicking them in a dismissive gesture Then again, I am not sure I would like it short, so perhaps not. As for Morrow, I do not know what is going on with him. I haven't seen him in awhile, and I... Well, I'm not sure when I will again. But it is nice to get to know the kids. I am fortunate the star sent them to me. Still, it would be nicer to have friends visit more often, yes. If you are not too busy.

Quote:
Kjell: Chuckled It would be but I wouldn't have the times I have had with you if it weren't for your hair? He said somewhat showing that he was shy to approach the triwing. His eyes glancing down and shaking his head Ah. Odd. You seemed quite happy with him. Eyes shifting up at her and then grinned I would love to get to know your two a bit more. That star is something different, it does a good job. Grinning his dragon smile he nodded I would love to visit more.. It's been a pleasure getting to know you..

Quote:
Teleri: sighs softly Well, I guess there's nothing to be done but to grow it out more, then... So I can make longer appointments? she laughs Or maybe you can just tell me when you have a day off, and I'll visit just because I can. she hums faintly I was... Well, Morrow and I never got to spend much time together. It was all stolen moments, which I guess made it seem special. But he's been gone, or, well, I can't find him. So maybe it was only special to me? I don't know... As for the twins, I'm sure they'd be happy to speak with you. Fal has complained that his curls are somewhat difficult, maybe you could braid them back out of his way now and again. I'm still working on getting to know Lai, but, she reminds me of myself when I was younger. Perhaps a bit more bold about being so. Headstrong? Well, it's a good enough word, at any rate.

Quote:
Kjell: Grin I like this idea. cooing happily You can visit whenever you want Teleri. I am always open for guests. Besides my claws have other talents other than braiding hair. Nodding lightly about Marrow He's losing out softens gaze at her I would definitely braid his hair for him. Mine likes to shift into my view and sometimes I place a bit of wax into it or I put in a clip. demonstrates his hair being in eye with a flick of his head. His feathers flutter on the cown of his head Lai is quite nice from what I recall of her in my time of braiding her hair.

Kjell Wordcount: Over 1000 Words  

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:08 pm
Conversations with Teleri & Kjell - March 2017

Quote:
Keyes: -*arrives to the Renaissance Faire after the breaking of his lanterns, considering purchasing a new one from one of the vendors he has heard frequents this show*-

Quote:
El: -*Standing in an avenue of the Lapsang Faire and bidding farewell to a fondly clinging Teleri. She pats them idly with a wing and then playfully tries to peel her off so she can go look at one of the other vendor's maps*- Aren't you due to head back?

Teleri: Why are you trying to get rid of me? I thought we were friends. -*she teases as she shoulders the other mare*- Anyone who isn't one of those fire breathing harpies is on my favorites list.

Elentari: What was that about breathing fire?

Quote:
Kjell: Oh, I can do that?

Quote:
Elentari: -*blinks at the cream-colored stallion that appears at their side*- Wait.... you what now?

Quote:
Kjell: -*puffs out a tiny flame*- cool

Quote:
El: -*glances at Teleri*- He is, rather adorable.

Teleri: dryly Yes, I think so.

El: *coughs delicately to hide her laugh*

Quote:
Bosede: -whispers to Tel- When you gonna.. -makes a clicking bird sound and ears flick up-

Kjell: looks innocent

Quote:
Tel: O__O E-excuse me?

El: You heard her... * dissolves into giggles*

Teleri: *blushes and whacks her with a wing* I ... I mean.. that is... well... I don't know?

El: *coughgigglesqueak* Ouch, stop that. I mean, in her defense, she only has children because of a star.. So...

Quote:
Bosede: *Giggles a little*

Kjell: ...Oh.
Kjell: turns shades of red

Quote:
Tel: *turns bright red and fans her wings up over her face* Oh... oh my stars this is embarrassing...

El: I may never leave, as this is so entertaining. *grins widely and watches the white mare hiding behind her many wings*

Tel: I wasn't aware that... I mean... *sighs*

El: Hysterical.

Tel: *Recovers enough to glare over one set of wings and reaches out, smacking Elentari with one of her feathered appendages again* Rude.

Quote:
Kjell: *Looks up at the top of whatever enclosure or sky they were under* I didn't hear a thing.
Bosede: *Giggles evilly beside El*

Quote:
Tel: I don't believe you but I appreciate it regardless... *looks at him through her bangs*

El: *shoulders Bosede* What's say you and I step aside and chat... There are some ideas I want to run by you...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:57 pm
Elentari & Keyes (Lantern Commission Beginning) - March 2017

Quote:
El: *Minding her solo tent on a sunny Faire afternoon when she becomes aware of a stallion watching her from a distance. Thinking this is probably her mystery client who was considering a commission, she lifts her chin to meet his eye and waves her claws at coyly*

Quote:
Keyes: *Standing at a distance, looks at warily but softly and moves towards when he notices her greeting.* I understand you are the one to speak to regarding a lantern.

Quote:
El: *is careful to move slowly out of her tent and around the front display, keeping her wings tucked in close to her sides so that she presents a minimal silhouette. She was hoping it would help him relax, since he seemed on edge.* I certainly hope so. I have several here, or you could tell me what you're looking for? *She offers softly* Or perhaps you had a custom idea in mind... I could make a new one...

Quote:
Keyes: *Shifts a little on his hooves. Although unsure he walks without a song a soft song of hoof-beats. His eyes lighting the way a bit.* Happiness.. I am looking for something that my magic can help with happiness.. I am tired.. and worn. *His accent much thicker than his sister's it is obvious he is not from these lands*

Quote:
El: *The dark mare hums and shifts on her clawed feet, swishing her tail in a whisper of shadowsilk over the bright sand* Well, I have a few that might do, I think. And stars know there are plenty of places in these lands that could either give it or do with a bit more of it... *she shifts and gently reaches her claws under the table, lifting a few lanterns and setting them out for his consideration* I am sure we can find something to your liking, but a bit of rest between now and then might be best. Of course, I am sure that can be handled too.

Quote:
Kawah: Perhaps it would be better if I feigned shyness? Something like this, perhaps? -*holds one wing in front of her face like a fan, and flutters lashes*

El: Oohhhh... I should remember that move. >.>

Teleri: -*lifts a wing, sort of imitating the black and blue mare, but snickers behind a wing instead*-

Quote:
Rin: *Leans away from her brother lightly.*
Keyes: *Blushes and shifts hair over face a little and pulls up his scarf over his maze-tainted mouth* Good evening ladies..

Quote:
Kawah: Hi there.
Teleri: Good evening.
El: Evening... *hums and fidgets with the beads in her hair*
Kawah: You're new, but any friend of Rin's. *shrugs a bit and smiles* Are you just visiting, or planning to stay?

Quote:
Rin: Props up and looks at Locke and then to El Ooh! You have some of the glass whisperer beads..
Locke: Smiles at Rin lightly and nods his head
Keyes: Well.. New to this place, but old in age.. Tilts his head and watches the pins and hair quietly getting played with. He himself having rather long hair in a very nicely woven braid. I'm uncertain.. I.. sometimes meander, I am often asleep so sometimes I end up staying for a little longer than I anticipate. Clears his throat And she's my sister.. Bobs his head in a greeting Keyes..

Quote:
El: continues working with sections of hair but gives Locke a fond smile I have been so fortunate, yes.
Kawah: laughs softly Well, I admire the honesty. Wandering is an enjoyable past-time, I agree. She shoots him a smile and inclines her head in greeting. Hello Keys, I am Kawah Ijen. Nice to meet you and welcome. I hope you'll have time to socialize, while you visit.
Sova: I think I'll be seeing you all later... Places to be and all. skips off to find Olwen Bye, all!

Quote:
Keyes: Inclines his head politely and then shifted under the staff of his lanterns. I do.. hope to. It is in my interest.. to settle closer to my sister.
Rin: Have a good night Sova Calls after her and giggles at El Ah! A good peoples, his father made my brothers' beads. Mine were made by.. Eyes Locke sideways ... A-another family member I suppose.

Quote:
Kawah: Ah, that would be nice. It is nice to have family, and nicer still to have them close. I hope that you will stay and visit, so Rin is not so alone. Though she does have all of us.
Cara: -*scatters gems on the counter and pokes at them idly*-
Sova: You too now! -*Waves cheerfully with one wing and dashes*-
El: Bye Sov! sighs after her and then glances back to Rin Oh, that's very nice... Hmm, someone else? eyes Locke also Well, they do seem quite skilled, overall.

Quote:
Keyes: smiles faintly Our family's business has never been kind to our family's health that is for sure. Idly rubs his cheek against one foreleg in amusement. I am happy Rin's been able to find some people.. Side-eyes his sister
Rin: Pushes her brother gently
Keyes: Smiles lightly at the stones splayed against the counter and takes a peek at some
Rin: Ah.. Yes. I have been told.. Eyes her lantern that you are best to find out through Locke and this relative's movements. It should be soon.
Locke: goes cold for a moment and then looks at his hooves Figures.

Quote:
Kawah: That is a shame, I hope that it will change, in the future. You are doing important work, so it would be better if you were well to do it, hmm?
Cara: Hi there... smiles and gestures at him to look his fill as she fiddles with some of them Feel free. I'm trying to pick out few for a new project.
El: steps away from Kawah and presses to Locke's side, wrapping one of her wings around him as she frowns slightly Not sure if I like how that sounds, to be honest.
Cara: pauses and tilts her head

Quote:
Rin: purses her lips You'll like her. It's ok.
Locke: Looks down at El and presses closer to her. She's.. just my own sister. The news is.. new to me too.
Keyes: blushes and pulls his cowl down and smiles a little at Kawah. Important.. Thank you for the compliment... lowering his head he nodded Yes.. I feel that these last few months have shown improvement to my health for sure. looks at the rocks gently and gets up, in comparison to Olwen and Locke he is normal-heighted but also on the skinny side. What sorts of project?

Quote:
El: quirks a brow Will I? glances to Locke, tightening her hold slightly as she softly murmurs to him Are you ok with that? Is there, something wrong? Would you rather not see her? chews her lip
Kawah: Of course. Well, I am glad to hear you are on the mend, then. hums and glances at her hair in the glass Wow El, you did a great job.
Cara: One of the smiths asked for some ingots, which I had on hand... But there's a collar needed for a wealthy patron. They want a glass artisan to consult, but some gems have been requisitioned as part of the design. glances at Locke Of course, I told them there's one glass artist worth working with... But that's not my business. Suffice to say, they wanted citrines in a relatively consistent size and varying colors. Which I can readily provide, but the rest is up to them.

Quote:
Locke: There's nothing wrong with you liking my sister. Leans down and kisses the top of her head. Just. Bad memories, not pertaining to her, in particular, come up for me..
Keyes: looking at Kawah's hair he flicked his beaded braid over his shoulder and poked at them lightly.They were twinkling in a sleepy fashion, possibly to suggest they were waking up. Then looked at the citrines. If they want good fortune from the wares possibly choosing your middle citrines would be a good idea. Eyes glinting. Although if they want the attention of a lover the ones to the right would possibly be best.

Elentari Wordcount to Here: 507  

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:56 pm
Casual RP: Meeting the New Glassmaker- March-May 2017

Quote:
El: blinks in surprise that someone is defending her? owo? blushes
Sova: coos at everyone and sips tea and watches them with amusement

Quote:
Locke: *Sits there with glass pieces held in between his claws and jitters*

Quote:
El: -*watches the new glassmaker working within in his tent, then decides to walk over and examine the wares in the hope of a collaboration project*-

Quote:
"Glass" Locke: *mumbles in a rush of words* Hi pretty lady oh god I called you pretty.. I mean... Hi.

Quote:
El: *beams sweetly at him, unfased by the flood of words* Hello. This is all beautiful, I hope you know.

Quote:
Locke: You're.. ahh---.. Uhm.. Thank you. -Places glass piece back and then clears his throat- Uhm.. You.. here for some sheets?

Quote:
El: You are welcome. tilts her head and smiles Yes, if it isn't too much trouble? I know we talked about perhaps some colored panes for the lanterns, I wondered if you had any that you thought might work?
Sova: -watching them at a distance and thinking to herself* Oh my god, these two adorable disasters... Someone help me.

Quote:
Glass: Ah.. Y..es.. Gets up and swishes about towards the glass and looks back Oh uh. Uhm. This way? gesture I. Sorry.. Not.. good with pretty..

Quote:
El: Oh, wonderful. beams and follows Please do lead the way, kind sir. giggles softly
Sova: *loses it and starts sniffling into her tea* Adorable. ugh it's awful. I could watch it all day.

Quote:
Locke: -Moving through the tent he pulls out a few of his coloured sheets.- I do.. h-have a book of what I can form for glass, i-if you want to place an order? -His bi-coloured eyes set on Elentari, though he did catch sight of Sova for a few moments in the background.-

Locke Wordcount: 179
Elentari Wordcount: 107

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:22 pm
[The Awkward PotentialCourtship of the Glassmaker and the Lanternmaker becomes something of a Spectator Sport at the Faire. Leading to yet another pool,

El: -watches like half the vendors jump on one of their own- I'm sorry, what?
Sova: Nothing, not important.
Terhi: No, definitely not.
Ikaika Hadi (Cartographer): Umm I mean it is a little-
Sova: -thwaps him with her tail.- Nothing, really.
El: !????

Locke: -Padded in on the situation too.- What.. is this?

El: I have no idea. -Glances at him and then frowns at their friends.- Do you think they're sick? Should we send for a healer?
Sova: -Smiles.- Um... We were going to ask about commissioning a project from you. Lots of glass, very involved. BUT! You are very clearly busy.
Terhi: yes, busy! So, we can come back later! When you two are, umm, free?

Locke: -Blinks a little and clears his throat slightly awkward now.- Probably.. We are living in a faire.. I guess.. Uh.. -blinks- I guess.. I am free? But I was commissioned by the fire dancer for glass beads. I had to tell her if she got fire on them they'd probably.. burn her..

El: -Smiling up at Locke.- Were you? I didn't know. I bet they would be beautiful.
Sova: Oh, the firedancer... She's very pretty. -Eyes El and coughs.-
Terhi: -Rolls his eyes.- Stars help me... -Mutters-

Locke: Uh.. She is a dancer, of course she is pretty? But.. Not really my.. type.. I guess? -Nervously shifts on his paws and glances at El.- I think.. they would be more suited for someone like.. y.. Uhm. blue-esque? -Fails at a nonchalant smile.-

Terhi: Indeed, naturally.
Sova: But would you say she's prettier than many of the ladies in the faire? >.>
Terhi: Oh, your type? Is there someone more, your type?
Hadi: -Rolls his eyes and promptly gets kicked- Ouch...
El: -Smiles at him.- Did you make some up, just to see? I'd love to look at them.
Sova: You could try them on El's hair, see what you think... -hums-

Locke: -Leans away from Sova a bit and Terhi.- Uhm.. -Then El distracts him.- I did.. bring some.. -Sliding off his bag he pulls out some of the beads. Passing one to El.- Hair hm.. I didn't think about that.. But that's up to.. E--lentari..

Sova: -Smiles gently at Locke.- So did the Firedancer decide she needed to plan something else, with the beads and fire risk? Or just, different colors to suit her better?
El: Oh! -Gasps and takes it, rolling it in her wing-hand and smiling up at him.- These are beautiful. -Glances to Sova and then back to Locke.- I think that would be lovely, if you wanted?
Terhi: -Glancing back and forth between them.-

Locke: She left in a hurry. Unsure what she wants now.. Did.. You want some too Sova? -Glances back at El and then clears his throat sweetly.- I won't stop you, you can try them on.. I made them to wear.. -Gives his rare full-smile.-

Sova: Hmm, I imagine she'll have to restrategize. Still, they are beautiful. Can I look? -She accepts one of the beads, admiring it.- Wouldn't go well with my ash-blonde, I suppose... But you do lovely work, as I am sure you know.
El: Well, if you insist! -Winks and smiles at him as she threads it onto the end of a small braided section, securing it before plucking another out of his paws and threading it on a different section, then another and another. She pauses, glancing down at them and then up at him.- What do you think?

Locke: I hope she goes with one of my materials that.. is a little more fire-friendly. Yes go ahead. -Offers the bag to Sova and then frowns a little. He did make them on the cool side. Potentially had another lady on the brain. Eyes shift to El when she was done and then swallows.- Wow. -Actually states this loud enough for someone to notice he actually has a very clear and handsome talking voice naturally.- Uh. I..It looks good with the stars.

Sova: Might be nice to do some glass segments in some of my vases, if you wouldn't mind trying a collaboration... -Rolling the bead in her talons and considering.- Poor 'Dancer’. Still, I am sure she appreciated the options... In the meantime, my, El you look marvelous!
El: -Beams at him, glancing down at the beads scattered through the dark swath of hair, and then back up.- They are wonderful, Locke. -She rests a wing hand on his shoulder at the 'Wow', smiling sweetly.- I don't suppose I could talk you into letting me buy them and making ‘Dancer some more when she decides what would work best?

Locke: -Ears turn to Sova.- Ah. I would love to help you out with glass segments... Come visit sometime and I'll give you some swatches for my glass.. -After being startled he glances at her hand. Inners screaming "SHE TOUCHED ME!?"- Uh.. You already give me the higher amount of revenue for the lanterns you.. sell.. El? Just consider them a gift.. I am sure I can come up with some beads for the Dancer..

Sova: -Hums happily and nods.- Sounds wonderful. I'll sketch a few things out after and you can tell me what you think. -Plinks the bead back in the bag and shifts back slightly to watch them.-
El: -Slides the hand down from his withers to rest on the flat of his shoulder, lingering for a moment before ending the touch. - Oh I couldn't possibly, and you know that your glass is worth it. I'd ask you for lessons but I still don't think you'd teach me your secrets. -Tilts her head, eyes gone sharp and thoughtful.- But if you won't let me pay for them, can I pay you for lessons anyway?

Locke: -Nodding lightly to Sova, he was distracted by the hand that was wrapped around him and dragging down. Nervously he shifted in his stance a little.- I insist.. They may not sell, and I have yet to get you anything for a birthday.. So.. Consider them.. s..something of a gift? -Caught off guard he thought about it.- I.. couldn't give you my family secrets but I wouldn't mind.. teaching you the.. fundamentals? It's difficult.. But I gather you kno..know a thing or two about bending metal so it may be eas..ier to teach someone that is great in her own craft..

El: May not? You had better not believe that, or I think I shall be offended. Of course they will, and well too.You could hang them from wire or thread and make them something of a suncatcher or something of a wind chime, let one of the dreamcatcher makers use them to decorate a new project? Can't See the Forest would probably sew them on cloth in lovely patterns, though they might do better with a narrower barrel in that case. Still, plenty of things to be done with them. -She blushes and ducks her head.- Very well. A beautiful birthday present, and I will wear them gladly. -She grins widely and looks up.- Good. Lessons, even if it's just the basics. -She scoops up the bag from his paw to hold it shut, and joyously curls one wing around his neck, pulling him into a hug instead.- Thank you.

Locke: I.. Sorry. -Shifting nervously again. Astonished by the many ideas she came up with to use them for.- All of those do sound great.. But I insist on you keeping them.. I've never given you any of my glass to keep. -Her blush made him open his mouth for a moment and then smiling happily when she agreed to take them he was then ABSOLUTELY stunned when she hugged him with her handwing. Leaning his head back on instinct and stuttered on gibberish.-

Elentari Wordcount: 446
Locke Wordcount: 533

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 11:21 am
Quote:
Locke: -*Nudges up his goggles and opens his mouth at El as she comes in dressed in beautiful fabrics.*-

Quote:
El: Does it not suit me? -Spins and glances at herself idly.-
Sova: Ummmm... I'm not sure. Locke, thoughts?

Quote:
Locke: -Breaks a glass. Squeaking under his breath.- It uh.. suits you..

Quote:
El: -Pauses and smiles at him.- Would you make me silver beads for it? I wanted to wear it to one of the faire galas...

Quote:
Locke: -Looks down at her sashes- I am sure.. Not even the Queens will.. Be able to.. Top that. -Begins to clean up the glass with his paws. Moving to go and grab the bead book and bring it over to her in his maw- D..Do you like any of these tones? Or have a design in mind?

Quote:
El: -Laughs softly.- Well, I wouldn't know about that just yet. But here's hoping it makes an impression, hmm? -Brushes lace and leans over the book.- You did some that were partially clear with swirls of color, they looked like captive stars.. I thought those were wonderful. What do you think? -Moving to stroke at his fore leg with a hand-wing. Tapping at the stained glass pane on his shoulder.-

Quote:
Locke: -Moves to lean over as well and read over her shoulder.- Oh.. Yes I.. uh -Her stroke to his leg, and attention to his glass mutation made him come back from staring at her and flick his eyes up at her face again. Swallowing.- I recall those. Do you want them to be filled with purple again?

Quote:
El: -Tilts her head and shakes some of her hair back over her shoulders.- Do you think that would be alright? And some with silver? -Moving slightly to lean against his shoulder as she pages through the book.- You're the artist, I would value your input.

Quote:
Locke: -Looks down at her hand-wing lightly as she looked through the book. Warmth pouring through his body as she does.- Maybe something darker like.
these to go with your hair.. And so they pop a bit from the sashing.. Silver would work too with it all. White may get muted.. And could get hard to see..

Quote:
El: hums and nods Oh, yes those would be wonderful! -Squeaks and runs her face against his neck from where she was leaning.- You're wonderful, do you know that?

Quote:
Locke: -Smirks a little as she exclaimed. It'd be wonderful and then quickly leaning away only to be caught with being touched affectionately.- U--Uh.. Thanks.. -Blushing as his fluff comes in contact with her's and he almost breaks.- I think you.. come up with good plans.. I am sure you'd think me.. annoying truthfully..

Quote:
El: Well we won't know for sure if they're good until it's all put together, but it would be nice to give some of them a run for their money. -Laughs,leaning back.- Why ever would I think such a thing? How could you be annoying? -Reaches out and taps him on the nose with a claw.- The Locke I know is a very skilled artist and a good friend and a gentleman. Pray tell, what is annoying about that?

Quote:
Locke: -Leans back when she lets go, looking down at her.- I think if you just wore that you'd make them.. run.. for their money.. I..It's flattering that.. you wear my wares.. -Shifting nervously and moving his paws.- I.. lack confidence and you... are uhm.. Well.. Confident.

Quote:
El: You're very sweet, though I'm sure with Genevieve and Feriha there no one will notice me. But here is hoping that a new dress and some of your works will help, hmm? -Winks at him playfully and then tilts her head.- Locke you must know that I love your work; it's wonderful when we get to collaborate on a project or I can commission new things from you. I wear something of yours nearly every day. -Laughs softly- Not so confident as all that, if I was I am sure things would be different. But I don't mind that you are a little shy, you still talk to me after all.

Quote:
Locke: -Blinks and looks at her body now out in the open about it and then back up at El.- You want people to notice you? -Tilts his head.- Mmh.. I have to say what you do with my works is.. inspiring too.. Though I think you can.. work magic on your own.. -Blinks at El and then rubs the back of his head.- You touch me. I don't even have.. that confidence..

Quote:
El: It would be nice to play a Queen once in a while, and I admit giving Feriha a run for her money would be enjoyable.. Though if you rat on me, I shall deny it forever and be most cross with you besides. -Shoots him a playful smile.- So don't, hmm? -Blushes and shakes her hair back.- I like wearing them, so I am glad you like it. -Reaches out and brushes against his paw with her talon.- You could try it, no one around but me.

Quote:
Locke: -Actually gives her a smile and clears his throat a bit.- I won't rat on you.. I think competition would be healthy... I never thought you'd want to be a Queen.. -Blinks at her touching him again and then looks around.- Hm.. I guess.. that's true.. -Looks at her and then shakes his head a little.- I'm.. not shy because.. Of the audience that's generally around.. It's just touching someone.. So.. Uhm.. Who.. I see as.. a.. special friend? Would be like.. tainting them..?

Quote:
El: Considering she thinks to order me to watch her wares and then sweeps off, it might be nice to return the favor. -Smiles impishly at him and then giggles.- Oh, you do, do you? Hmm, I knew there was a reason you were my favorite. -Shrugs a bit- Alright, but I don't see why? There's nothing wrong with you, so how would you taint anyone? And if that means it falls to me to keep touching you... I can do that.

Quote:
Locke: -Squints his eyes for a moment.- But.. That is how we met.. If you ever want to I could watch your wares for you at this gala.. I don't.. generally go to them but I think it'd be nice to get out of the shop.. and sell some things as well.. -Blinks at the word favourite. Blushing intensifies.. He's her favourite swwooooon.- Taint.. May have been the wrong word... -Clears his throat. Leaning back on his paws he moves and touches her talon with his paw.-

Quote:
El: -Laughs- Yes that is true, so it has not been all bad. -Smiles and flicks at him playfully with a hand-wing- It did mean that I met you, so I am glad for it. Still I appreciate you offering... but I would have more fun if you would go to the gala and actually participate? Dance? Or even if you'd consider it? hums So then, what is the right word? -Debates on grabbing him when he touches her talon, but instead just settled her talon watched him patiently.-

Quote:
Locke: -Dodges her flick with an ease. Dodging embers since birth helped them reflexes.- Me.. Gala? I uhm.. -looks at his scarf set and then up at her.- I grew up knowing how to dance.. I come from.. a community of travellers.. I do consider it I just am.. Not really making the money for the preparations of a Gala.. -He traces his paw digit until the next touches her wrist, following her veins lightly.-

Quote:
El: -Pretends to pout at him but ruins it with a laugh.- Yes, you could? Most of the artisans go, after all. There is even a different night just for us, with no patrons.. Just a chance to talk and visit with everyone? And to dance and drink and have dinner. You do eat, in your faraway community of travelers, don't you? -Hums softly.- So you consider it but you're not planning on it... What are you planning? -Watches as his paw glides up her wrist.- Going to leave me, Locke?

Quote:
Locke: I'm shy, as you said.. I don't know how I would be in a crowd. It's been a long.. time since I've been near my family.. -He traces her arm lightly.- Of course I eat. Glassblowing all day makes someone eat like a pig.. -Slightly chuckle. Then caught off guard. Looking up at her eyes he opened his mouth and closed it for a moment of thought.. It would be easier. To leave.. And not have to face this everyday.. But then he wouldn't be able to see her.- If I was to leave, I wouldn't leave you behind..

Quote:
El: Yes, I know. But you know most of your fellow artisans, and the Fire Dancer, of course... -Trails off for a moment, looking slightly miffed before she brushes it away.- People frequently break off into smaller groups to talk or dine. You wouldn't have to deal with all of them all evening, you wouldn't even have to stay all evening. But a dance or two would be nice, if you could find the time. -Laughs- Well there is a buffet, if you need one after a long day of glassblowing. -Hums and glances at his paw before looking back up to meet his gaze.- Well.. I should hope not. I would be most cross if I had to leave things in Feriha's claws to hunt you down and give you a piece of my mind.

Quote:
Locke: I.. May know them but usually it's in passing.. Maybe I'll come.. -Knits his eyebrows together.- I don't even know her name so I don't.. really know the Fire Dancer.. -Unknits eyebrows and then blinks.- Buffet? HMmmm.. Well.. I guess a dance or two wouldn't be bad. I am sure that'll be an interesting sight.. -Aware of what some people think of him-.. HM Oh.. That's much more scary a thought than meeting a dragon.. -Moves his paw and chuckles under his breath.-

Quote:
El: So just walk through and wave, be social. You know the Faire is full of all kinds of people, surely some of them must be friends of yours. -Laughs.- I doubt many people care what the Fire Dancer's name is anyway, seeing as it isn't really the important details. -Quirks an eyebrow when he seems intrigued by the buffet, shaking her head and laughing.- Come for the buffet, stay for a dance? Well, I'll take what I can get, I suppose.- Tsks at him and for a moment idly allows a hand-wing to play with the framing of his stain glass on a leg..- And don't you forget it.

Quote:
Locke: I wonder if you'll be able to keep up.. with my moves.. -He tries a bit of humour and stuttered anyways. Looking down at her hand tracing his arm. Flicking his eyes up again for a moment.- I don't think you'd let me forget it.. But that just means you can't be leaving either.. El.. Right? -Swallows heavily at his arm being touched-

Quote:
El: Well, that sounds like a challenge... I was never one to run away from those. Now you have to show up at the Gala, because you've started something that needs finishing. -Grins.- Well, I try not to terrorize you too often.. But if you're in danger of forgetting, I can change that. -Dances her fingertips across his leg idly, smiling.- I was never planning on leaving, leastways not for long? I do visit the village in the off season, but if you're worried you can come along. Keep me out of trouble, that sort of thing. I think I'd like that. -Laces their talons and paw digits and tugs for a moment, softening.- Going away with you, I mean...

Quote:
Locke: See.. Confidence.. Though.. I guess challenges do sound appealing once in a while. I'm sure you will remind me at all costs.. -Smiles a little and then shakes his head.- Ah? -Caught mid sentence and blinks as she tugs on his paw, Not really minding the grip, as his digits followed through and closed around her talon.- I.. think it'd be nice to get out with a friend.. -Eyes dancing over her face and then back up into her eyes..-

Quote:
El: You can't back down, you started this remember? -Grins at him.- You bet I will. I'll make a whole list of things I'm allowed to pester you about. -She hums and shifts a bit when he sways closer. Gripping his paw a little more.- Just any friend, or can I count on it to be me? -Tilts her head, eyes glinting as she smirks up at him.-

Quote:
Locke: I guess I did.. -Hums lightly.- I don't.. have much of a list by myself with this.. I may have to find something out.. -He squints her lightly. But then is caught off guard by her leaning forward. Glancing at their respected ‘hands’ and then back up again as she smirks up at him.- You're the only one who's asked me to go somewhere with them...? So of course just you.. But I can't promise anything? -He didn't know how to answer that completely..-

Quote:
El: I guess that's only fair that you do, so you can make a list of your own. -Laughs- Alright, alright... Just me for now, with a possibility of others later. Still, if you just vanish, expect me to search for you. -Pokes him in the shoulder.- I suppose I should go so I'm not keeping you from work, hmm?

Quote:
Locke: -Smiles at her genuinely and nods lightly…- I will expect it, and vice versa.. I would be quite sick if I just disappeared I think... -Looks up at the time when she insists on leaving and lowers his head in a bit of defeat- Yeah.. I have a long night ahead of me.. -Sighs and lets go of her talon and backs up.- Are you going to be ok out there?

Quote:
El: Hmm, if I disappear assume Feriha finally took notice and quietly had me eliminated. Remember me fondly. -Winks- But no, I won't just go disappearing on you. -Tsks softly.- Don't work too late, tomorrow is a whole new day where you can get work done. Remember to sleep and take care of yourself, hmm? -Unwinds their hands and prepares to leave.- Hmm? Oh, I'll be fine. -Leans forward and drops a kiss on his cheek.- Night, Locke. -Heads toward the door.- Sweet dreams, whenever you sleep.

Quote:
Locke: -BROKEN- Sl..Sleep dreams.. -Stares after her with wide eyes.-

Quote:
El: -Waves and sashays out of there with a final smile.-

Quote:
Sova: Aww I'm so proud of you I'm pretty sure you ALMOST flirted like a normal person...

Quote:
Locke: -Spins and sees Sova.- When did you get in here? -Blink-

Quote:
Sova: Does it really matter? No one has existed for the last... well, a while. Since the Lady was here. -She gives a wide smile as she bounces across the space, pressing close so she can nearly perch in his personal space.- Soooo... How'd it go?

Quote:
Locke: -Bows his head and nervously settles on his paws before he moves to go and start chucking chunks of glass to begin making his orders in a bin to boil in the oven. That accomplished he stepped back to his main station and sighed.- I think she is way out of my league

Quote:
Sova: -Looking very relaxed with her hair tamed into a single thick braid, sipping at a cup of tea as she considers him thoughtfully.- Hmm, interesting. Let's think about this, shall we? Well, she likes you, since she spends a lot of time around you and telling you so... And she touched you a lot, and I thiiiiiink I saw a kiss before she hip-swayed out of here. That all sound realistic?

Quote:
Locke: -Moves to shrug as he continues to part glass. Pausing as Sova said El liked him. He looked at his paws.- I just don't want to disappoint her.. -Moves to get his tools.. and looks at his list. When she said kiss he smiled lightly- I.. guess.. -Looks at Sova and then goes back to his work.- I just am a total mess with her.. My stomach hurts when she touches me.. She makes me almost shake.. Which is a feature given the fact I've been doing this all my life.. -Steadily twirls a blow-rod he decided since gala was soon he'd start on the beads.-

Quote:
Sova: -Smiling behind her cup and just barely avoiding the urge to squeak at these idiots.- Ok, so... How do you think you'd disappoint her, really? I think you probably have to acknowledge some things before you get to expectations so you may be skipping a step or two. And I would like to disagree, I don't think you're a total mess with her. You're better with her than most of the others? I mean you talk to me but I don't really count, I think anyone can talk to me. -Shrugs a bit, flipping a page in the book just because she could.- Not sure what to tell you about the stomach; other than asking if it's in a good way or a bad way? 'cause if it's a bad way, then I can say something? -Watches him work with interest.- I have a horsehair raku vase resting in my kiln, I'll have to bring it over later. I think it would suit you.

Quote:
Locke: -Sighs and then putting down his rod and moved and put his paw on Sova's talon and then left to go back to his work and grab the rod and spit a blow of air down it to cause an opening for some pigment.. Placing some new star dust in it for his fave customer.- I can touch you.. I.. needed coaxing to touch her.. I may be shy about this.. and I may not be the quickest but I had parents who loved each other. No matter the consequences and I know how intimate they were.. As awful as that sounds to some people.. -Sighs and rolls the rod to form a ball with the glass he had and put a cold wet rag against the bead.- She's also.. beautiful.. She's such a beautiful Soquili and it's jaw dropping.. I can't even think about going to a gala and seeing men dancing around her while she wears something I would gladly.. -Looks up at Sova and then swallows.- Uh.. I just don't know. -Goes back.- Horsehair Raku? Wow.. Those are rather rare..

Quote:
Sova: -Smiles softly at him, leaning slightly to watch him work with interest.- Well that's because I don't really matter, Silly. I'd say I was something like family but I'm not quite on the level of the lovely Bosede we just recently met, so that's not quite right. Still, something similar. It doesn't hold weight, right? Touching me? It's just something standard. -She shrugged, tapping at the table and then making a voila sort of gesture with her talon.- I think it's nice, that you two have this strange gravity between you. You should know El doesn't really touch all that many people either, least not of the gentlemanly persuasion. She hugs me, and maybe one or two of the other girls that she's befriended. But she spent a lot of early time around Feriha and has a bit of an 'ugly duckling' sort of view on herself. And she never says anything at all of her family, so I've no notion of any of that. Knowing your parents loved each other probably doesn't help you interact with her one way or another, right? -hmms, sipping her tea and half-smiling.- It is sweet to hear you talk about her like that. Though I bet if you did go to the Gala she wouldn't be dancing with anyone but you. -Arches an eyebrow at him.- Something you would gladly tear right off? It looked as fragile as a wish, or so I thought. -Laughs softly and beams proudly around her cup.- It is my third, and I think it is worthy of you. The first two I am still trying to decide if I like them well enough to let them be seen or sold. Or if I should just drop them in the scrap bin on accident when Terhi isn't looking.

Quote:
Locke: I see you as a very good friend Sova.. -Looks up at her and then back to his work to reassure her. But thought of her words and he sighed.- I know I love her.. -He said it outloud.- I meant that.. I know what intimacy looks like, what love looks like and it intimidates me.. I didn't ever expect to have something they have.. Especially with a woman who could be a real queen. None of this faire queen stuff.. I also.. I don't know. I'm a lowly traveller.. And she is a woman of class. I have nothing and she makes a good amount.. -When he hears that she has an ugly duckling complex he winced and he shook his head lightly.- Feriha has nothing on her.. and I'm not saying this because I'm loveblind to her.. -When she finished his sentence, he felt his body temperature raise.- Something I could tear off.. For sure.. -Clears his throat and he glances over his shoulder.- I have some white beads left over that the fire dancer didn't want.. If you'd like a trade? It's in my nature.. I don't like getting gifts where I can not give in return...

Quote:
Sova: -Goes a bit pink in the cheeks and ducks her head.- Well that's lovely, since you're one of my best friends too. -Smiles and relaxes a bit on her perch, sipping at her tea and choking on a squeak when he admits it.- Oh. Well. If you're both in it together, I'm not sure what there is to be intimidated about? And for whatever reason, El joined the faire rather than stay wherever she's from. So, there's no way of really knowing who or what she was but she seems content to be an artist now. To travel with us and make and sell wares and act a bit to put a smile on the face of strangers. I'm not sure being a real queen has even occurred to her. As for that, I don't think anyone particularly cares but you? Most of the Faire is made up of those who have lived a caravan life, who wear their wealth in beads and coin when they have it and trade when they do not. I think you could stand to be a bit more bold about your wares, you're one of the better artists here you know. -She runs her feathers idly over the work space, flutters another few pages in the book, and watches him with interest.- I don't think so either, but I think I stare a bit too much at the bits of her personality wearing through and that's why I don't care for Feriha. But I suppose even from a distant, third party view El is very pretty. -Giggles softly about the clothe.- The black one was almost worse, if you care to know? -Hums and claps her talons.- A bargain for me, I'll accept the offer, my friend. I'll bring El along when we trade and she can braid them into my hair while we all talk. -Winks.-

Elentari Wordcount: 1299
Locke Wordcount: 1658

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:30 pm
Place Holder for Formatting, editing old logs.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

Open/Private Canon IC RP