Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Canadian Conventions
Anime North

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 2:15 pm
This thread is all about Anime North. Feel free to mention if you're going to attend Anime North and what cosplay(s) you will be wearing.

What Is It?:
arrow Anime North is a 3 day anime convention.

When Is It?:
arrow Anime North occurs in May.

Where Is It?:
arrow Anime North mainly occurs at the Toronto Congress Centre and a few other venues within walking distance of it in Toronto, Ontario.

Where to find more information about Anime North:
arrow Facebook Page
arrow Twitter
arrow Website
arrow YouTube

Updates:
arrow Anime North has been cancelled this year due to the COVID-19 situation and is now postponed to May 28-30, 2021. See this link for details.
arrow Due to COVID still, Anime North 2021 has been cancelled and is now postponed to May 27-29, 2022. See this link for more information about it.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 2:38 pm
gas all whales

Hello, there! I just want to see if you're still around and still attend Anime North.

As of 2020, the Guild's Captain, other Vice Captain, and I have decided that each anime/comic convention should only have one STICKY thread each, so there will be no duplicate threads of the same convention. (It's going to be a big progress to do this since there are a lot of conventions out there, so we're starting with threads already made and then, we'll go from there.)

Each thread will contain an introduction about them and where to find more information about them. Every year, these STICKY threads should be used to talk about a convention, who is attending, cosplay lineups, and anything else that is related to said convention.

Hope you are well! heart
~Vice Captain Kaya

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:02 am
UPDATE!
arrow Due to COVID still, Anime North 2021 has been cancelled and is now postponed to May 27-29, 2022. See this link for more information about it.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2024 2:28 pm
I went to my first Anime North this year! It has been an anime convention on my bucket list for years! This year, Otafest and Anime North happened to not be on back to back con weekends, which was a big factor for me.

I was KH2 Riku, kid Noctis (FFXV), and Camellia Gakupo (Vocaloid). I went to KH photo shoot on the Friday, the Final Fantasy photo shoot on the Saturday, and the Project Sekai/Vocaloid photo shoot on the Sunday.

It was nice to see some of my Ontario pals again, which some were surprised that I was at Anime North. I didn’t contact them all prior, hoping they had seen my announcement on Instagram/X that I’ll be at Anime North this year. XD

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2024 8:34 pm
KayaLing
I went to my first Anime North this year! It has been an anime convention on my bucket list for years! This year, Otafest and Anime North happened to not be on back to back con weekends, which was a big factor for me.

I was KH2 Riku, kid Noctis (FFXV), and Camellia Gakupo (Vocaloid). I went to KH photo shoot on the Friday, the Final Fantasy photo shoot on the Saturday, and the Project Sekai/Vocaloid photo shoot on the Sunday.

It was nice to see some of my Ontario pals again, which some were surprised that I was at Anime North. I didn’t contact them all prior, hoping they had seen my announcement on Instagram/X that I’ll be at Anime North this year. XD

Sounds like you had a great time!! That was sneaky showing up unannounced to see your friends. I Love the city of Toronto and I envy you going to it. Make sure to show off photos on your social media for us to see. Especially ones with your friends.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2024 11:33 pm
smithers456
KayaLing

Sounds like you had a great time!! That was sneaky showing up unannounced to see your friends. I Love the city of Toronto and I envy you going to it. Make sure to show off photos on your social media for us to see. Especially ones with your friends.

Yeah, my first Anime North was good! Well, the friends that I had stay at a hotel with and two friends (granted, only one of them went to Anime North) from Kupocon FFXV Event 2022 already knew that I was going. XD It was one other friend from Kupocon FFXV Event 2022 and Anime Night Club 3 (ANC3) that were surprised that I was there. I’ve been meeting ANC3 at Otafest since they had been a music DJ guest for 3 years in a row now, but I was happy to see them at their home con a few weekends after this year’s Otafest. :’D

It was my third time being in Toronto. I’ll eventually post photos from Anime North on my socials.

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Canadian Conventions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers