Reply Fort Weyr
[ORP]Watching the World Go 'Round

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Faerie Princess Meeka

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:34 pm
Z'lus breathed deeply. Somehow, someway he and Lutrath were free for an afternoon. It was nice and the bronze was growing something fierce. Z'lus had a pot of numbweed and a brush to scratch any rough spots on Lutrath. He wasn't the only one out enjoying the day. He spotted a green rider that he knew to be from his neck of the woods or rather beach, E'dal who had come from Ista.

Wanjouth is a nice green. She always greets everyone and has something to say. Oooohhhh... Right there! Lutrath commented as Z'lus really worked behind one of ridges on his back. Sooooo good.

Z'lus laughed. Lutrath really was something special. Never would he have thought that he was meant for a dragon, let alone a bronze. Yet, he he was with his beast, in all his amazing glory and colors. "I am so glad your mine, Lu. I never knew how much I was missing without you."

Yes, well. I don't appreciate having to go so far to find you hiding from me. Look others are arriving, we can talk to them!Lutrath warbled a welcome as others approached with supplies in hand.

"It's a good day to be out. Hopefully, we will have someone to chat with while I take care of your hide."  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:11 pm
E'dal was taking a break before his next assignment. After 3 years, he still felt like he was a weyrling at times trying to take it all in and figure it all out so that he didn't shame anyone. But other times, he felt older than his 22 Turns of life. Especially with all the recent deaths in weyrlings. Wanjouth was a little sad at times, wanting one of her Flights to result in a clutch. She had another Flight coming up soon, so maybe they would get lucky. Another boy that E'dal vaguely remembered from Ista gave a wave. He had oiling supplies in his hands. "I am glad those days are over, Wanjouth. I swear I was oiling you every other day."

Wanjouth gave a huff. I was adorable.  

Faerie Princess Meeka

Earisa

Darling Prophet

6,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:34 pm
No matter the time of year, not matter how hot or cold it happened to be, no dragon could resist sunning them when the weather was good. This was the situation Falxath had found herself in, falling asleep when she really hadn't intended to, but Weyrling dragons had a lot less responsibilities beyond growing and playing. Lianly was busy with the animal skins with weird patterns on them that somehow meant other things, reading her rider had called it. The marks were much too small for her to see very well except through Lianly's eyes, there wasn't much point to learning the trick if she heard everything through their bond anyway.

Waking slowly, stretching limbs and yawning widely she realized she wasn't as alone as she had been before she closed her eyes. Her bronze clutch brother, Lutrath, was being oiled while talking to older green Wanjouth. Just thinking about how good oil felt rubbed into her hide was enough to make her skin feel itchy, and only mentioning it was enough for Lianly to appear shortly after with bucket and rags. With a wave at the others, not wanting to disrupt anything, the young woman got to work inspecting every inch of growing hide.

"I'll be happy if this is a growth spurt, Falxath. You were such a big hatchling but you've grown so slowly..."  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:05 pm
Oh look, it is my clutch mate. Hello Falxath! How are you today?Lutrath rolled onto his side to get a better view of the other dragon. His rider huffed and complained about having to clean him. The bronze dropped his jaw in a grin. We work so hard, Z'lus. Why not get a little dirty? Then we can have fun getting clean! Who knows when we will have another nice day like this one. Lutrath got up and looked amused as he shook himself and whatever was on his body all over Z'lus.

"Shards, Lu! Now I have to get clean later. And you know I don't get much time in the evenings. I am still trying to keep my skills up with glass making." Z'lus tried to sound angry but there was definitely a hint of laughter in his voice. Sighing, he began to brush himself off from sand, oil, or whatever else had found its way onto him. "You are so silly sometimes. Sorry if he is disturbing anyone else."
``````````````````
"No need to worry. We all know how mischievous dragons can be sometimes." E'dal commented.

I was perfect. I am still perfect. But it is nice to have fun.Wanjouth added, her draconic voice filled with mirth.  

Faerie Princess Meeka

Earisa

Darling Prophet

6,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:43 am
Lianly smiled and turned her head, trying her hardest not to laugh. It was something every Rider seemed to go through every so often, some more then most, but she didn't want to look rude. Falxath on the other hand wasn't afraid that she thought it all highly amusing. Please don't copy him her rider begged, but Falxath seemed to have no intentions of doing so. I won't. The lake is cold but oil feels so good

At his apology, thinking herself under control, Lianly gave him a sympathetic smile. "No harm done, Z'lus. Falxath isn't normally silly enough to go rolling around when oil can fix an itch." Falxath gave a content sigh that rumbled deep in her chest, blue eyes blinking slowly as the last of lethargy from her nap faded off. A glance over at Wanjouth made Lianly realize how big her dragon was compared to the adult green. Being surrounded by other Weyrlings it was sometimes hard to tell where the finish line was. I don't know how much more I will grow.

"Only five more months and the oiling will be special occasions, though you'll have a bit longer to wait Z'lus." The young woman friendly teased.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:07 pm
Luthrath puffed up his chest as Lianly mentioned him growing. He didn't care that she thought him silly, only that she believed he was going to be big and strong. I will be a great flyer and then we will fly together. You can show me the sands that you use to make glass. Lutrath stretched his wings out and then settled himself a little bit closer to his green clutch sister. He looked over at Wanjouth. Have you seen Ista sands?

Z'lus was still trying to get himself clean from all the debris. He snapped his fingers. "That's right, you are from Ista as well, E'dal. Did you ever come to the glasscraft hall? I was raised there, maybe I saw you sometime?"
~~~~~~~~~~
E'dal paused. He had been itching some of Wanjouth ridges, trying to follow along with the conversation. He went through his memories. Had they come across each other in the past? "To be honest, I am not sure. I spent most of my time in the weyr in the creche. As I got older, I took an interest in dragon healing. As for oiling, I recommend checking for dry patches at least once sevenday. Especially in odd areas like behind ridges, in the crevices of the legs. It doesn't take much for a dry patch to become something worse."

Wanjouth bobbed her head at Falxath. It seemed like I was growing forever. It took me a long time to fill out properly. But I am still all limbs but very fast. And it is nice to have time to be oiled and made to shine.

Faerie Princess Meeka

Earisa

Darling Prophet

6,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:23 am
"We're learning how to Between next month, can't take risks with the cold." E'dal's advice was sound and came from a good place, but no one would defend a Weyrling who didn't know how to properly oil after eight months. Was it even possible for someone to be that neglectful? Lianly couldn't imagine such a deadglow ever Impressing in the first place.

Falxath didn't move but turned her gaze to her brother as he edged closer, staring intently to judge the distance between them. It wasn't so much she did not want to be touched, that she didn't mind, but after rolling around she was not keen of having any of his grit sticking to her freshly oiled hide where it could itch or scratch. After a few moments and a soft blink she finally released her gaze, happy with the gap to relieve her attentions to other things.

Ista? Isn't you're old home further away, Lianly?

"I'm from Nerat, further east, but we are...were, within Ista Weyr's boundaries. Mostly farmland with some marshland and covered in wherries."

Wherries taste good, it sounds like a nice place. While the young green looked calm, her rider knew that her dragon was eager for the day they would learn to between there though wherry chasing would be nowhere near as easy as it was plucking herdbeasts from the feeding grounds  
Fort Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games