Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Tutorials
Kokoro from Shaman King Tutorial (WIP)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:33 am
The Run Down

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.With Shaman King getting a remake in Spring of 2021. My sister and I are to see one of our childhood favorites come back to life. In honor of this event we're working on Horohoro (my sister) and his spirit companion Kokoro (me).

There are some really important things to note about Kokoro. First is there are three versions of her. Her anime version, Her small form manga version, and her human form manga version (image to the left). While I could do a smaller form I decided to do the human manga version for several reasons. First the designs would be easier to do and second is because of what type of spirit Kokoro is.

Kokoro is a Korpokkur which translates as "Little people under the butterbur". This spirit creature comes from Ainu myth and legend and is kind of like the western version of a leprechaun or fairy. Korpokkur live under butterbur leaves and Kokoro is often seen carrying a leaf of this plant.

Because Korpokkur are already small creatures I thought that having a short human form would fit naturally verses me trying to do one of the smaller forms.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:27 pm
Materials

Pattern: Simplicity 4080 (A) or Butterrick 6267 (A)
Off-White or Tan fabric for the body (Based on pattern amount)*
Pink Fabric for the headband and lining (pattern amount+1 more yard)
1/2 Yard interfacing
1/2 yard of white elastic
Black fabric paint or marker
Tan boots to the knee
Black Wig (to the shoulders)
Ikea Lova Canopy
Black marker or paint

*Regular white is fine, but if you want to make it more accurate to the ethnic group, then you'd want to go with something more off-white.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:43 pm
Making your own pattern

((Images to come))

While cleaning your fabric you need to make a pattern for your glove/bracers piece. The glove is a four-sided polygon and a rectangle attach together. Use the following dimensions to create the glove. You'll need a total of 4 fabric pieces, plus two interfacing pieces.

1) The part top part measurements should be the your hand width the knuckles and about an inch longer.
2)The end of the polygon should be 3/4 of your wrist width. Connect the end of the wrist line to the end of the matching knuckle line.
3) The rectangle is based on where your wrist is and the length of where you want it to end and the width should be the width of your arm. Match the corners with the ends of the polygon.

Likes wise you'll need to make a pattern for your headband. It's fairly simple. You'll need two pieces of fabric that are 6 inches high and the length of your head +2 inches. You'll need some interfacing for an inside piece.  
Tutorials

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games