Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply The Colosseum (for battles, training, challenges, etc.)
Team Snagem Winter Cup [Wi-Fi Tournament]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:26 pm
User Image

Sign ups for the Team Snagem Winter Cup are open! We'll be holding a Wi-Fi Pokemon tournament using the Pokemon Sword and Shield games starting Friday, February 5th. The various rules for the tournament are as listed below. The format will be singles with an added twist. All participants will be required to have atleast one Ice type Pokemon on their team. You may however use more, and might want to considering what's next.

As an added bonus you can receive additional Battle Ranking points for each additional Ice type Pokemon you use, besides the required one. For each battle you win you'll receive 1 bonus point which will double for each win you accrue throughout the tournament.

Example: A team of three Ice types gets 2 "Ice Points" to go towards their Battle Ranking for winning one battle. If they win again they get 4 and another win gets them 8.

Not only do these Ice Points convert into Battle Ranking points but you can also use them to either convert to Snag Coins at a 1 to 1 exchange rate or use them to purchase a Mega Stone or Z-Crystal at 20 points each or even a Key Stone of Sparkling Stone at 50 points each. Furthermore points may be given to another participant after the tournament if you do not wish to exchange them.

(Only one Mega Stone, Z-Crystal, Key Stone, and Sparkling Stone can be exchanged for.)

Now for the rules.

-----

1.) Tournament will be singles format, normal rules, with teams of six Pokemon, with all teams containing at least one Ice type.

2.) All Pokemon may be used, with a special exception for legendary Pokemon. You may use one Battle Tower/Restricted Spar eligible legend.

3.) No two or more of the same species of Pokemon.

4.) No more than two of the same held item may be used.

5.) Hacked or otherwise altered Pokémon outside of the game's normal means are strictly forbidden. Anyone found out to be using such Pokémon will be disqualified from this tourney and all future tourneys at once.

6.) Any player automatically loses if they knock out their last Pokémon through the moves Self-Destruct, Explosion, Destiny Bond or Perish Song, even if the opponent's last Pokémon was also knocked out.

7.) Dynamaxing/Gigantamaxing is permitted.

8.) Your team must be registered upon sign up. You may only use the one team exactly as it is when you register it, no changing your team in mid-tournament. (This includes Pokemon, moves, abilities, and held items.) Registering is done in-game via the Victory Station (located in the in-game menu) under Battle Stadium located within. You will receive a Team ID when registering your team. (If you have trouble registering a team please PM me for assistance.)

9.) After every battle you are to share Team IDs with your opponent to confirm that you have been using the same team throughout the tournament.

-----

And there you have the rules. The bracket style we'll be using is double-elimination, for those of you who don't know this means you'll get a chance to redeem yourself in the losers bracket when you lose once.

There will also be a variety of prizes for the top three contestants, they are as follows (to be determined):

1st Place: 50 Snag Coins, 2 Snag Emblems

2nd Place: 30 Snag Coin, 1 Snag Emblem

3rd Place: 10 Snag Coins, 1 Snag Emblem

All Non-Placing Entrants That Battle At Least Twice: 1 Snag Emblem

A new Discord rank will be given to whoever earns the most 'Ice Points' through out the tournament. They will be known as the 'Winter King/Queen/Monarch'.

-----

To sign up simply declare your intent to sign up below along with your Switch Friend Code so that all other entrants may add you.

And there you have it! May the best trainer reign supreme this fall!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:57 pm
Count me in!

Friend code is SW-4061-5570-3154.  

DragonFang099

Hilarious Friend

8,575 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Evolution Debut 250

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:28 pm
I'd say count me in, but seems I'm already signed in with that Champion's Advantage™️.

Code's SW-6632-5592-7607.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:20 pm
I will tentatively throw my hat in, with my Switch being haphazard on getting itself charged.

SW-7370-5523-2044  

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:23 pm
Beat Sword recently, will have a team up before January is out, hopefully.

SW-3276-9674-8400

Edit: Will NOT be using a monotype ice team.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:07 pm
I thought I had signed up...rectifying that.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Arkelos

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:48 pm
I flip my coin into the frozen cup.  
The Colosseum (for battles, training, challenges, etc.)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games